Chad's Injury

SoFlaJets

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably not... but it might end his season, I think the only way his career is over is if they make the playoffs without him, otherwise the job will be up for grabs next season once again. Then again, Chad will most likely win it.

His career as a starter would be over. He's completed a full season only once, how many starting QBs in the NFL have that type of track record? We can probably trade him to KC for a 1st rounder.

Probably not... but it might end his season, I think the only way his career is over is if they make the playoffs without him, otherwise the job will be up for grabs next season once again. Then again, Chad will most likely win it.

It is highly unlikely he will be on the team next year because of his contract. If he is out for 5-6 weeks, his Jet career is done. Rally around Kellen.

His career as a starter would be over. He's completed a full season only once, how many starting QBs in the NFL have that type of track record? We can probably trade him to KC for a 1st rounder.

Or not, Mangini likes the competition, and again, like I said previously, nothing is set in stone until it's official that Kellen is the starter in 08, and then once that happens (if it does) they will probably trade Chad.

Personaly I think Curtis should buy the team, and the Jets should send Chad, D-Rob, Sowell, and the whole gang over..

Maybe Damien Robinson can bring his Assault Rifle to Arrowhead when New England comes to town, and shoot down their camera men.

I really think that if the ankle is broken, then Clemens will start. So all you guys thought that was a good thing, you got your wish. I've never been a big chad supporter, but I have always felt he gave our team the best chance to win with what we have. Chad has always been a team leader and professional. I don't believe his career will be over either. Not sure where he will be, but he won't be done he has too much heart.

I think that if Chad misses more than a week, Clemens will get the job, and keep the job, unless it is apparent that he will never be an NFL QB (which I don't believe to be the case).

If what is being reported is true then the season is over.

Even if you put Clemens in now it is most likely that it is going to take him 6-8just to get used to game speed of a regular season game.

That is why the Broncos went and made the swtich to Cutler midway through last season. Shanahan knew that Cutler has the talent. He still though, as is with most quarterbacks not named Marino needed the time to get used to the game speed.

I guess we are going to find out now what Clemens has.

It won't be pretty at first. And I can guarantee that this board is going to get real ugly next Sunday if Clemens plays and bombs.

You have to give him time though. It sucks. But is something we are going to have deal with and hope that he is the goods.

Even if you put Clemens in now it is most likely that it is going to take him 6-8just to get used to game speed of a regular season game.

That is why the Broncos went and made the swtich to Cutler midway through last season. Shanahan knew that Cutler has the talent. He still though, as is with most quarterbacks not named Marino needed the time to get used to the game speed.

It won't be pretty at first. And I can guarantee that this board is going to get real ugly next Sunday if Clemens plays and bombs.

You have to give him time though. It sucks. But is something we are going to have deal with and hope that he is the goods.

What I expect is the die hard Chad fans to immediatly throw Clemens under the bus. He will be picked apart with every bad play. WHich of course will be a joke but...I can already see it.

What I expect is the die hard Chad fans to immediatly throw Clemens under the bus. He will be picked apart with every bad play. WHich of course will be a joke but...I can already see it.

I don't see it happening-the guys who defend him are mostly defending the coach's decision to play who they think gives us the best chance to win Smizzy-I know I will NEVER root against a Jets QB-never have-never will...ever

Of course they wouldn't do that! They root for the team! And the QB isn't responsible for losses right? The QB is just one player, it's the teams fault when the QB doesn't win! Smizzy, I'm ashamed of you, what exactly are you implying? You should give yourself a suspension for such a shameful display!

I don't see it happening-the guys who defend him are mostly defending the coach's decision to play who they think gives us the best chance to win Smizzy-I know I will NEVER root against a Jets QB-never have-never will...ever

they won't root against him...but they will be sure to remind us Clemens guys about it every chance they get.

If there is any good in this, it is that it's still really early in the season. unlike 1999, when Parcells didn't go to Lucas until several horrible performances by Mirer. and by the time Lucas got going the season was almost over and the margin for error was too small.

Of course they wouldn't do that! They root for the team! And the QB isn't responsible for losses right? The QB is just one player, it's the teams fault when the QB doesn't win! Smizzy, I'm ashamed of you, what exactly are you implying? You should give yourself a suspension for such a shameful display!

We root for the team the same way you do, you down the QB Pennington because you think Kellen is better. Only difference is, I am going to give Kellen the benefit here for the time being. Chad haters found a reason to dump on Chad this week when he had a great game reguardless of the ankle. Chad's career as a jet, until he is sent packing, is still intact, and I don't see otherwise unless Kellen out does Chad in every aspect of the game.

Exactly!

I can see how all the posters who constantly bytched and took shots at pennington would be on the defensive, thinking they will get a taste of their own medicine.

But i think the Chad haters are lower on the food chain than most other Jets fans, who for the most part wont stoop to that level.

What I don't want to see is what Herm did when Bollinger started against the Ravens in 05 when he basically handed the game to Ravens with a game plan that a pop warner team could have defended.

The game plan, whatever Mangini and company decide it should be, should be to beat the Ravens and not protect the QB.

Time to take the dipers off. As a certain tuna was known to say.

We root for the team the same way you do, you down the QB Pennington because you think Kellen is better. Only difference is, I am going to give Kellen the benefit here for the time being. Chad haters found a reason to dump on Chad this week when he had a great game reguardless of the ankle. Chad's career as a jet, until he is sent packing, is still intact, and I don't see otherwise unless Kellen out does Chad in every aspect of the game.

Yep because I blamed Pennington for that loss! As usual the Chadinettes have a firm grip on reality and truthfulness.

Also I see the penchant for exaggeration has not dulled in the least. 164 yards 2 TDs and 4 punts in his first 6 possessions, let's put him in the HoF. Because, you know, he is GREAT! Nobody could possibly have done better, definitely not that guy Joe Montana, who is overrated and all.

While what happened to Pennington hurt this team right now and Chad had little to do with the loss, there was no way that was a great game. That just helps Kellen fans arguments that Chad is not the answer at QB. WHen fans sau a 167 yards and two TD performance is a great game is when you know you're QB won't lead you to a Superbowl unless they have every other piece in place.

While what happened to Pennington hurt this team right now and Chad had little to do with the loss, there was no way that was a great game. That just helps Kellen fans arguments that Chad is not the answer at QB. WHen fans sau a 167 yards and two TD performance is a great game is when you know you're QB won't lead you to a Superbowl unless they have every other piece in place.

Brady had all day and night to pass, Chad had little time before eatting dirt to make a pass. He still got the job done, and although it was only 2 TD, I feel it would have been more if the D played better, and the OL protected Chad.

I have a feeling that if Clemens does badly, the hypocrite Kellenists will be out on this board, making excuses as to why he played how he did.

What excuses? It will be his first NFL start ,what should we expect from the kid? Anything but the Super Bowl and it's a bust?

Clemens gets a FULL PASS on any growing pains he goes through this season. You know the same pass Pennington has been working with since 2002?

I have a feeling that if Clemens does badly, the hypocrite Kellenists will be out on this board, making excuses as to why he played how he did.

I'm telling you right now I like Clemens A LOT. I watched him his senior year at Oregon, and I think he can be a good starting QB in this league. Next weeks game is not the game to judge him on, besides the fact that one start (if he even starts) is not enough to judge a player on. He is being thrown into the fire against one of the leagues top 3 defenses. Its going to be a giant shock at first.

Exactly!

I can see how all the posters who constantly bytched and took shots at pennington would be on the defensive, thinking they will get a taste of their own medicine.

But i think the Chad haters are lower on the food chain than most other Jets fans, who for the most part wont stoop to that level.

Correct. Add to that I smell just a touch of fear from the Chad haters now that it is go time for their long called for replacement. Here's hoping Clemens takes off and never looks back but I do see a liitle gulp in the Chad haters talk this eveneing.

You mean they'd follow you and ecurb's general modus operandi? Why would that make them hypocrites but not you?

Because I haven't run over Kellen yet. I said specifically, THAT I haven't seen him play more, I'm not the one preaching how this should be a team game, but stomping on the starting QB after a bad preseason and wishing injuries on him. There were people here who did that. Please ok, when we make excuses for Chad you rip on us for it, but then when y'all do it for Kellen, that's fine...

Not to get in the way of all of you budding "-ists" out there, but it's time to get behind whoever the QB is next week. Doesn't matter if it's #10 or #11 behind Mangold, as long as they are wearing a Jets uni you ought to be rooting for them to do well. Call me a "Jets-ist" - I'm rooting for the laundry.

Archived