Jets | Clemens will start Week 2

Smizzy

Already starting the excuses?

I don't know a SINGLE reasonable football fan who would expect Clemens to go out and dominate in his first NFL start.

I don't get it. You guys are putting high expectation on him to shut up the Anti-Chad guys...and it's obvious. As if if he doesn't do good it means Chad is better than we thought,lol.

So what is your agenda? The Jets can only be good and win if Chad is the QB? Or is that the only way you guys want it?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know a SINGLE reasonable football fan who would expect Clemens to go out and dominate in his first NFL start.

I don't get it. You guys are putting high expectation on him to shut up the Anti-Chad guys...and it's obvious. As if if he doesn't do good it means Chad is better than we thought,lol.

So what is your agenda? The Jets can only be good and win if Chad is the QB? Or is that the only way you guys want it?

Its the only way they want it / the only way they believe the Jets can win because they have known only Chad Pennington for so long. There is still a part of "Jets Nation" that still remembers 2002 and the courage to play the rest of the 2004 season with a torn rotator cuff but does not remember anything else and it's a shame.

Maybe this is some sort of cosmic karma. You know how we knocked Bledsoe out and Brady launched the dynasty (well we know the other reason for that, but moving on...) maybe Clemens will be our guy. We finish 14-2 and in a snowy game in the Meadowlands play a classic...

How can he be considered a Bollinger clone? Bollinger wasn't ever expected to be anything other than a back up in the league. The fact that he ever started let alone got considerable playing time was a freak occurence. Kellen was expected to come into this league and become a starter somewhere when he got out of college.

I don't understand how people can say Kellen has no shot of being our future QB when they haven't gotten the chance to see him play in real competition.

I'm not speaking from where they were drafted, I'm talking on performance only and I didn't like him at Oregon. Same as I didn't like Chad at Marshall.

You say you don't understand how people can say Kellen has no shot on being our future QB...well, I can't understand how people have annointed this guy already...what the hell have you seen so far to make you think that his kid is even as good as Pennington? He may be able to throw a deep ball (that remains to be seen by the way), but what else have you seen?

Here's the bottom line:

He's not the next Brett Favre if he has a great game sunday, and he's not the next Tim Couch if he doesnt.

Does he need to show glimpses of excellence this year, assuming he starts the rest of the season? OF COURSE. But he will also need a solid 2 seasons of play under his belt before we completely write him off OR annoint him as our next franchise QB.

People expecting him to light up the frickin Ravens defense (at baltimore!), are being ridiculous. And Chad would have done jack sh#t vs the Ravens and you all know it.

Maybe this is some sort of cosmic karma. You know how we knocked Bledsoe out and Brady launched the dynasty (well we know the other reason for that, but moving on...) maybe Clemens will be our guy. We finish 14-2 and in a snowy game in the Meadowlands play a classic...

If we finish 14-2 Kellen Clemens should automatically be placed up in the rankings of God, Jesus Christ, Zeus, Herecules, Brett Favre and Mike Nugent.

What about that guy from the Rams, Fitzpatrick ? He plays for the Bengals now, but he had a GREAT 1st career game.

They seem to be rooting for the Jets to lose...some "Jets" fans. It's cool when someone says they like Chad better and think he's a better QB, but they'll get behind Clemens, but it's rather absurd that some people want Clemens to go out there and suck.

What about that guy from the Rams, Fitzpatrick ? He plays for the Bengals now, but he had a GREAT 1st career game.

Who was he playing against? I do remember it was at home with, oh, maybe a few guys you've heard of before:

Issac Bruce

Tory Holt

Kevin Curtis

Marshall Faulk

Steven Jackson

I'm not speaking from where they were drafted, I'm talking on performance only and I didn't like him at Oregon. Same as I didn't like Chad at Marshall.

You say you don't understand how people can say Kellen has no shot on being our future QB...well, I can't understand how people have annointed this guy already...what the hell have you seen so far to make you think that his kid is even as good as Pennington? He may be able to throw a deep ball (that remains to be seen by the way), but what else have you seen?

Ok first I will ask you like I have asked other how can you say you didn't like Kellen at Oregon when I know for a fact theres no way you saw him play. At best you saw him in the USC game which was his one bad game against the nations top team. No other Oregon game was televised anywhere near the east coast so unless you are a ducks fan or for some reason in the Northwest you never saw a thing.

Secondly nobody is annointing him, we just know Pennington isn't the answer and want to see if Kellen is. If he isn't we will want to find a new QB to be the answer.

HUH ?

I'm confused now, what about those players ?

Ryan Fitzpatrick was handing off and or throwing to those players and against a weak defense, while at home.

Kellen Clemens? In Baltimore, on the road and with Jerricho Cotchery, Laveranues Coles, Thomas Jones and Leon Washington and no Orlando Pace, like Fitzpatrick had, to protect his blindside.

I never said I WANTED the Jets to lose... What I said was I can't wait for Chad to come back, is there something wrong with LIKING the starting QB? Hmm? I'd like to see how Kellen plays. I never said I didn't. Go read other posts I made. I wan't the Jets to win, not lose. Chad wins games, why should Kellen be handed pampers for the first time out? Like I said, still wasting my time...

Ryan Fitzpatrick was handing off and or throwing to those players and against a weak defense, while at home.

Kellen Clemens? In Baltimore, on the road and with Jerricho Cotchery, Laveranues Coles, Thomas Jones and Leon Washington and no Orlando Pace, like Fitzpatrick had, to protect his blindside.

Fitzpatrick had a incredible game and made some great throws, I believe in Clemens, I think he can do it all. Do I expect him to have a game like that ? No

But I know for sure, he will be both mentally and physically ready.

Ok first I will ask you like I have asked other how can you say you didn't like Kellen at Oregon when I know for a fact theres no way you saw him play. At best you saw him in the USC game which was his one bad game against the nations top team. No other Oregon game was televised anywhere near the east coast so unless you are a ducks fan or for some reason in the Northwest you never saw a thing.

Secondly nobody is annointing him, we just know Pennington isn't the answer and want to see if Kellen is. If he isn't we will want to find a new QB to be the answer.

See, that's where you're 100% wrong. I have a pirate satellite card and I saw him play many times...next question or statement.

Fitzpatrick had a incredible game and made some great throws, I believe in Clemens, I think he can do it all. Do I expect him to have a game like that ? No

But I know for sure, he will be both mentally and physically ready.

Ya know, for someone from Missouri your head is actually more than a hat rack ya know that?;)

See, that's where you're 100% wrong. I have a pirate satellite card and I saw him play many times...next question or statement.

Um how did you see him play many times? Why would you be watching the Ducks firstly secondly the games aren't on satellite because the Pac-10 tv contract blows. I go to school at Oregon, one of the games wasn't even broadcasted on tv there. Please if you did actually see them what station are they on?

Um how did you see him play many times? Why would you be watching the Ducks firstly secondly the games aren't on satellite because the Pac-10 tv contract blows. I go to school at Oregon, one of the games wasn't even broadcasted on tv there. Please if you did actually see them what station are they on?

How the hell do I know what station they're on...it was part of the college package offered by ESPN...so, you admit you're a Oregon fan and hence the love affair with Clemens...tell me something, because what I saw with this kid was a mediocre arm at best...above average with the type of passes Pennington connects on, but his deep balls were hit and miss.

The only thing he had going for him was that the ducks played in a pro style offense and the scouts gave him points for that. Nothing special to me to make me think he would be a franchise type QB.

:rl:

Only according to the following:

ecurb

madmike

penningtonfan82

Sign your name below if you believe this like the other 3. RSJ, should you be on this list as well?

Don't put me in with those 2. I hope Kellen plays well and i'll be rooting for him. I just want him treated the same way chad would've been.

How the hell do I know what station they're on...it was part of the college package offered by ESPN...so, you admit you're a Oregon fan and hence the love affair with Clemens...tell me something, because what I saw with this kid was a mediocre arm at best...above average with the type of passes Pennington connects on, but his deep balls were hit and miss.

The only thing he had going for him was that the ducks played in a pro style offense and the scouts gave him points for that. Nothing special to me to make me think he would be a franchise type QB.

First I've admited in almost every thread where Kellens brought up that I'm a Ducks fan. I go to the school, clearly I will support the players. However I like the Jets a lot more then I care about ex ducks. If Kellen is good thats awesome I can root for him, if he sucks the Jets still need to find a new QB and I'll be upset.

He had an arm and can make the deeper throws when needed. He doesn't have a rocket but he can make throws without floating everything or killing recievers with lame ducks. He also was always known as a smart QB and very good at reading the field. He also has good pocket awareness. While I think he is different than some posters believe he is, he definitely fits the Pennington mode of play it's just he has more arm strength to deliver more throws needed to succeed in the NFL, and of course he's not a statue in the pocket who is an injury waiting to happen.

First I've admited in almost every thread where Kellens brought up that I'm a Ducks fan. I go to the school, clearly I will support the players. However I like the Jets a lot more then I care about ex ducks. If Kellen is good thats awesome I can root for him, if he sucks the Jets still need to find a new QB and I'll be upset.

He had an arm and can make the deeper throws when needed. He doesn't have a rocket but he can make throws without floating everything or killing recievers with lame ducks. He also was always known as a smart QB and very good at reading the field. He also has good pocket awareness. While I think he is different than some posters believe he is, he definitely fits the Pennington mode of play it's just he has more arm strength to deliver more throws needed to succeed in the NFL, and of course he's not a statue in the pocket who is an injury waiting to happen.

Well, I hope I'm wrong...like I've said a million times over on this board, I am a Jets fan first and if Clemens turns out to be everything you think he can be, that's great.

By the way, I get most Pac10 games, Big Ten, SEC, etc...ask me what channel a particular college is on...I have no idea.

Archived