Jets | Clemens will start Week 2

Smizzy

Jets | Clemens will start Week 2

Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:26:56 -0700

ESPNews reports New York Jets QB Kellen Clemens will start the team's Week 2 game.

Jets | Pennington informed he will not start Week 2

Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:26:14 -0700

ESPNews reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (ankle) has been informed he will not play Week 2.

It has begun

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope hes not the Kellen "3 and Out" Clemens from last week and if he is its guna b a longggg dayyy

Exactly.

I'm excited to see him play too. But I remember how Browning Nagle lit it up in the preseason and first regular season game only to be out of the league in a year.

Just sayin.....

people need to have reasonable expectations. first start, no running game, no offensive line, and a great defense. as long as he doesn't pucker and just plays the game he will be fine.

Why does Clemens get a built in excuse already? He has been sitting and learning for over a year. It is put up or shut up time against what is an overrated and injured Ravens team.

WHo is expecting this kid to come in and light up the Ravens defense in his first NFL start? You guys are jumping the gun a bit. If he goes out and limits his mistakes & keeps his turnovers down ,I will be happy. You have to learn to walk before you can go winning foot races.

people need to have reasonable expectations. first start, no running game, no offensive line, and a great defense. as long as he doesn't pucker and just plays the game he will be fine.

Exactly.

Why does Clemens get a built in excuse already? He has been sitting and learning for over a year. It is put up or shut up time against what is an overrated and injured Ravens team.

Because there are somethings you don't learn from watching the game. First hand experience is crucial and he is just getting his first taste of it. You want him to go out in his first start and overcome obstacles our veteran QB couldn't overcome last week?

Exactly.

I'm excited to see him play too. But I remember how Browning Nagle lit it up in the preseason and first regular season game only to be out of the league in a year.

Just sayin.....

are you serious? look at alex smith, #1 overall pick - he is still learning in his 3rd year as a starter. eli manning struggled in his 2nd year as starter, leinart is still a work in progress, carson palmer's 1st year as a starter was a learning experience, and the list goes on. players learn by playing so clemens will only get better in time. to think he is going to go from holing a clipboard to canton is a little unrealistic.

i can't wait to see all of the posts about how awful clemens is if he struggles. it takes time for a qb to develop.

Its his first NFL start for christsakes. Not to mention on the road in Baltimore against a top tier defense. If he struggles or plays decently you can not judge him on one game, especially his first career start.

WHo is expecting this kid to come in and light up the Ravens defense in his first NFL start? You guys are jumping the gun a bit. If he goes out and limits his mistakes & keeps his turnovers down ,I will be happy. You have to learn to walk before you can go winning foot races.

Why Smizz? What were the numbers from Chad's first start? Why can't Clemens exceed them? I mean he is BETTER than Chad right?

Why Smizz? What were the numbers from Chad's first start? Why can't Clemens exceed them? I mean he is BETTER than Chad right?

Chad was at home playing the Kansas City Chiefs defense. You be the judge on whose the better defense and if its easier on the road or at home.

That being said, if Kellen outperforms Chad's 1st ever start this argument doesn't matter.:P

Plus, you can not judge Chad Pennington 2002 to Chad Pennington 2003-Present.

are you serious? look at alex smith, #1 overall pick - he is still learning in his 3rd year as a starter. eli manning struggled in his 2nd year as starter, leinart is still a work in progress, carson palmer's 1st year as a starter was a learning experience, and the list goes on. players learn by playing so clemens will only get better in time. to think he is going to go from holing a clipboard to canton is a little unrealistic.

i can't wait to see all of the posts about how awful clemens is if he struggles. it takes time for a qb to develop.

We aren't talking about Alex Smith or Eli. We are talking about how Kellen is better than Chad right?

I think it has been said 4,000 times this offseason....If Clemens was ready to be the starter,Mangini would have named him the starter,right? Well Chad is hurt and Clemens is now being put in a role just yesterday everybody was saying he wasn't ready for. Now he gets he job and everybody wants him to prove himself in one game?

I think it has been said 4,000 times this offseason....If Clemens was ready to be the starter,Mangini would have named him the starter,right? Well Chad is hurt and Clemens is now being put in a role just yesterday everybody was saying he wasn't ready for. Now he gets he job and everybody wants him to prove himself in one game?

Not everybody, just the people who believe Chad Pennington isn't a Game Manager and is an actual NFL Quarterback.

We aren't talking about Alex Smith or Eli. We are talking about how Kellen is better than Chad right?

here we go again....

i think most people agree that a healthy chad gives the jets a better chance to win today. the problem is that long-term chad has already reached his ceiling. his limitations with mobility, arm-strenght, and slow release prevent the team from getting over the hump. chad has also had 5 years to show that he can remain healthy and lead this team to the super bowl. if 5 years from now clemens has taken this team beyond the 2nd rd of the playoffs then it would be time for him to go as well.

Chad was at home playing the Kansas City Chiefs defense. You be the judge on whose the better defense and if its easier on the road or at home.

That being said, if Kellen outperforms Chad's 1st ever start this argument doesn't matter.:P

Plus, you can not judge Chad Pennington 2002 to Chad Pennington 2003-Present.

It doesn't matter much. I'm pretty confident you are all going to be disappointed in Clemens. He is not ready from what I have seen.

It's not an excuse, what I would consider a good first start from him won't only have to do with his stats for the most part. If he looks like he has a good grasp of the offense and being able to read defenses and the rush I will be happy. I don't expect a three TD performance but I want to see the ability for him to become the guy who has three TD performances in the future.

Wow, we're up to 4,000 times alreay. I asked basically the same question and you told me 400 times a couple of days ago...my, how time flys.

Anyway, I don't have high hopes for this kid just like I didn't have for Pennington...here's hoping my gut feeling is wrong and this kid lights it up.

If anything, come out of the game healthy.

Archived