The way I feel about the Jets after 2 weeks of Football...

DefenseWinsChampionships

Sometimes I'm sick of being a Jet fan... But what can I say? I will root for this team untill im dead and gone.

Chad Pennington- I feel he is the leader of this Offense and gives this Jets team the best chance at winning the tough games. When he had to fight for his life just to get off the field in week one vs the Patriots, then he actually came back and drove this Offense to a perfect drive??? All I could say is WOW, I'm glad he's the Jets starting Quarterback, win or lose... He has alot of heart.

Kellen Clemens- Wow... I was wrong about this guy. The way he played in the 1st 3 quarters was bad in my eyes, but in the 4th Quarter vs the Ravens this kid really made me open my eyes and eat my crow... Put it this way... Im a HUGE Chad supporter, and I almost wanna see what KC has against Miami... I'm glad we have a future star waiting for his chance.

Our Defense- 0 sacks? 0 Turnoves? I feel that the reason why we are 0-2 right now. I'm not knocking Mangini as a head coach or anything, but I always thought he was a defensive genious out in NE... I would think a Defensive genious would have this Defense playing better in year #2. I feel our D was better last season that it is as of right now.

K.Rhodes... As Jet fans, we always over hype our players... K.Rhodes needs to drop his little pretty boy, off the field camera stuff, and simply focus on the game of Football. I feel K.Rhodes can become great, but as of right now... He's been making alot of mental mistakes.

J.Vilma... We need to switch back to the 4-3... Enough said... We have players such as Vilma and D-Rob who would are waiting to break out in the 4-3... Mangini, get the players first... And then change the system... Why change the system without the players?

Revis... I love him already... I just wanna see how he does when teams start attacking him.

J.Mac... We should have traded him when we had the chance, even if it was just for an open roster spot... In other words, he needs to be released.

O-Line... We need alot of help in the run game... And in pass protection. I swear, we need to draft O-Line, O-Line, O-Line and some more O-Line this year.

Leon and Thomas Jones... Its sad... These 2 guys could be one hell of a 1-2 punch with a solid O-Line... I really hope the O-Line comes together by week 8 so we can see these guys rush for over 120 a game.

C.Baker... Where the hell has he been? I seen the TD in Baltimore, but where has he been?

D-Line... BRING BACK KIMO!

Secondary... Anyimte Dyson is out, and Barret is in... THat smells trouble.

With all that said... I feel if we can beat Miami and Buffalo... We can still make the playoffs as a wild card team... I just feel we can get it done.. But as of right now, Im not the homer that I once was in the offseason... Mangini is gonna have to show me some things. And it all starts on the Defensive side of the ball... We need TURNOVERS, we need SACKS, we need pressure on the QB... We need to do SOMETHING

D-Line... BRING BACK KIMO!

You are kidding, right? Coleman has been our best d-lineman. I know that isn't saying much with the play as a group, but the other two guys are highly paid former #1 picks. Coleman is pretty much what I hoped he would be. Which is a thousand times better than ole Von Rollerskates.

I guess I'm the only one ... but I think Robertson has been playing very well as the 3-4 NT. He makes a few plays per game behind the line of scrimmage and he disrupts some plays that end up making big gains because (I think) the defense has directed him one way and scooted around him the other way (thus, the criticism) but also because the LBs arent coming in to fill the lanes and close the gaps. I also think he still has plenty of untapped upside as a 3-4 NT.

I think Hobson and Thomas have not made the plays that they were making last year, especially Thomas. He was schooled on the TD pass to McGahee. Also, I thought Ellis was too invisible last year and I dont see that its changed this year. Finally, I think they need a more consistent 'in the box' safety, which Eric Smith may eventually be for the Jets - but the jury is still out (also, he gets hurt alot - and he reminds me too much of McGraw, another supposed big hitter who was hurt alot).

I guess I'm the only one ... but I think Robertson has been playing very well as the 3-4 NT. He makes a few plays per game behind the line of scrimmage and he disrupts some plays that end up making big gains because (I think) the defense has directed him one way and scooted around him the other way (thus, the criticism) but also because the LBs arent coming in to fill the lanes and close the gaps. I also think he still has plenty of untapped upside as a 3-4 NT.

I think Hobson and Thomas have not made the plays that they were making last year, especially Thomas. He was schooled on the TD pass to McGahee. Also, I thought Ellis was too invisible last year and I dont see that its changed this year. Finally, I think they need a more consistent 'in the box' safety, which Eric Smith may eventually be for the Jets - but the jury is still out (also, he gets hurt alot - and he reminds me too much of McGraw, another supposed big hitter who was hurt alot).

He doesnt get double teamed. ALL 3-4 Nt's have to demand double teams or the whole D wont work.

Archived