The official old school professional wrestling thread!!

Alk

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
Best cameo in wrestling ever...

rGUJYLDgR8k

Not even close. It's gotta be Mr. T.

Two things I noticed that cracked me up.

1. At about the 1:45 mark, "Robocop" trips. :lol:

2. Right at the end Jim Ross' commentary is hilarious. "The Four Horsemen wanted no part of those...especially the Stinger...AND Robocop." WTF? Did one of them have a turd in their pocket too? :lol:

Has anyone seen the botchamania series on youtube,it's just compiliations of when wrestling goes wrong.Skip to the 3:42 in this vid,the "sing along with the superdragon fan",I couldn't stop laughing at it.

9ilZfPKaHSY

Not one of your friend's finer moments I presume. Whose brilliant idea was it to make "The Yetti" look like a effin' mummy? :rl:

He didn't give a ****, he was making bank. He's one of the reasons why WCW went under. He had a huge contract, and they hardly ever used him. Turner just wanted to keep him away from WWF, and he paid alot of wrestlers for it.

I think that Alk was saying that Rowdy Roddy was his favorite.

Mine too.

No, I was talking about Undertaker. Before Vince ran his character into the ground and tried to turn him into a biker. Piper is one of my faves too though.

Old school :bwahaharoll:

u guys are talkin WWF,,thast new school guys whether u know it or not,,

damn,,Old school :rl:

10.jpg

Yes we know but in case you hadn't noticed SJ, you have at least 50 years on most of us. So old school to us and old school to you are two completely different things. :lol:

Yes we know but in case you hadn't noticed SJ, you have at least 50 years on most of us. So old school to us and old school to you are two completely different things. :lol:

haha,,i am 55,,but i hear ya,,but its like saying old school music and talking about the Black Sabbath

Old school :bwahaharoll:

u guys are talkin WWF,,thast new school guys whether u know it or not,,

damn,,Old school :rl:

10.jpg

that is truely old school.

Gorgeous George getting his head shaved with Jimmy Lenon (sp) on the mic.

I remember Lenon doing the ring announcing when they used to have wrestling on the spanish stations in Jersey back in the 70's.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay so last night I was surfing through the channels and hit the jackpot. On ESPN Classic they were airing AWA Championship Wrestling. I immediately ran to my Tivo and got a season pass. I'm not sure if it's on every night or what but if you're a fan of the older wrestling, this is a must. :headbang:

Okay so last night I was surfing through the channels and hit the jackpot. On ESPN Classic they were airing AWA Championship Wrestling. I immediately ran to my Tivo and got a season pass. I'm not sure if it's on every night or what but if you're a fan of the older wrestling, this is a must. :headbang:

Nice.

ESPN used to do the AWA from i think about 85-88 I'm guessing.

Really wish they would bring back the "Legends of World Class Championship Wrestling". That without a doubt would be tivo'ed and DVD'ed.

Nice.

ESPN used to do the AWA from i think about 85-88 I'm guessing.

Really wish they would bring back the "Legends of World Class Championship Wrestling". That without a doubt would be tivo'ed and DVD'ed.

Yeah, that was easily the best wrestling I ever watched. It was like the who's who of the WWF and NWA.

If you have directv you should check out WWE Classics at the Garden on Wednesday nights. Last night they had a card from 1980 featuring

Bruno Sammartino vs Larry Zybyzko

Tito Santana vs Hulk Hogan (Hogan as a heel was great)

Also, if you were a fan of Mid-South Wrestling. (Hacksaw Duggan, Ted Dibiase, Dr, Death, JYD, etc) you need to check out this site.

http://www.universalwrestling.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=UWA

They may be the last old school regional promotion that has not sold their video library to Vince.

If you have directv you should check out WWE Classics at the Garden on Wednesday nights. Last night they had a card from 1980 featuring

Bruno Sammartino vs Larry Zybyzko

Tito Santana vs Hulk Hogan (Hogan as a heel was great)

Also, if you were a fan of Mid-South Wrestling. (Hacksaw Duggan, Ted Dibiase, Dr, Death, JYD, etc) you need to check out this site.

http://www.universalwrestling.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=UWA

They may be the last old school regional promotion that has not sold their video library to Vince.

What channel is that on? I have DirectTv and will put that on my Tivo as soon as I get home.

No this is free thing. Normal MSG programming. It is one of the few good things they have on there anymore.

Damn!! I went home to set my Tivo last night only to discover we don't get MSG. :cussing:

Archived