Eric Mangini PC

SoFlaJets

a little while ago I watched Jets Open Mic and I'm starting to really question where Mangini's head is at. He's a guy right now who is looking at the glass as half full, when we all know it's almost empty. Although he is saying Chad is still (mysteriously) the starting QB one has to wonder if he isn't maybe just saying that so Philly has to game plan for 2 QB's instead of one-I hope that's the case and that by Sunday we see #11 at the helm...

I think the reason Chad is still starting is Mangini is afraid of losing the locker room if he benches Chad and Kellen doesn't improve the team. The locker room loves Chad, he was voted a captain and Mangini doesn't want to deal with locker room issues in his second year. I'm sure he already pissed off players with his treatment of Kendall.

a little while ago I watched Jets Open Mic and I'm starting to really question where Mangini's head is at. He's a guy right now who is looking at the glass as half full, when we all know it's almost empty. Although he is saying Chad is still (mysteriously) the starting QB one has to wonder if he isn't maybe just saying that so Philly has to game plan for 2 QB's instead of one-I hope that's the case and that by Sunday we see #11 at the helm...

I like that he's being secretive to the press. I hated when Herm would tell everybody under the sun what the Jets had planned for on Sunday.

But Mangini has to do something or he will lose the team.

I like that he's being secretive to the press. I hated when Herm would tell everybody under the sun what the Jets had planned for on Sunday.

But Mangini has to do something or he will lose the team.

I'm telling you BP if our heartless defense could ever stop a team once in a while maybe Chad wouldn't have to be put in these situations where the game is always on his (ahem) shoulder.Hey even Herman Edwards knew when it was time to bench Vinny-I made a post about October 2002-I truly hope Mangini does what he has to do for the team and the fans especially. I remember Herm's Monday PC announcing Chad's ascension

I'm telling you BP if our heartless defense could ever stop a team once in a while maybe Chad wouldn't have to be put in these situations where the game is always on his (ahem) shoulder.Hey even Herman Edwards knew when it was time to bench Vinny-I made a post about October 2002-I truly hope Mangini does what he has to do for the team and the fans especially. I remember Herm's Monday PC announcing Chad's ascension

I still remember Vinny being hurt that year in the Jaxonville game, so I don't give Herm credit for that. and Herm threw Chad under the bus in that jaxonville game by saying ''Chad turned the ball over too''. so don't give Hermy too much credit, the man has a knack for stepping in ****.

We have to do something. we have to rock the boat before it sinks completely.

I think the reason Chad is still starting is Mangini is afraid of losing the locker room if he benches Chad and Kellen doesn't improve the team. The locker room loves Chad, he was voted a captain and Mangini doesn't want to deal with locker room issues in his second year. I'm sure he already pissed off players with his treatment of Kendall.

He's going to lose the team if he doesn't switch the QB. It doesn't matter how much you like your team captains, if they suck, and you are losing...nobody is happy. At least this way we can win/lose while trying to win.

I still remember Vinny being hurt that year in the Jaxonville game, so I don't give Herm credit for that. and Herm threw Chad under the bus in that jaxonville game by saying ''Chad turned the ball over too''. so don't give Hermy too much credit, the man has a knack for stepping in ****.

We have to do something. we have to rock the boat before it sinks completely.

BTW I wonder how Chiefs planet is doing after yesterday's showing...LJ has got to friggin HATE Herm

I do find it rather comedic...although i think LJ is a thug, and can't stand him, i find his numbers quite amusing

I like Larry Johnson md-after seeing him on Hard Knocks I liked him even more-he's not thuggish bro-he's an artist and very cerebral-and he's a NYer

I like Larry Johnson md-after seeing him on Hard Knocks I liked him even more-he's not thuggish bro-he's an artist and very cerebral-and he's a NYer

I haven't seen the show, i'm just going off of other players saying he texts to friends during film study, and he's a "me first" type.

maybe he's not...its still nice to see herm lose

:cool:

I haven't seen the show, i'm just going off of other players saying he texts to friends during film study, and he's a "me first" type.

maybe he's not...its still nice to see herm lose

:cool:

what REALLY sucks about this season is Herm has more wins than us UGH

The show did show a different side to Johnson. And his point of view was simple and accurate. If the Chiefs and Edwards are going to use him up like a depreciable asset and run him into the ground until he's inevitably ready for the glue factory, why shouldn't he get paid for his trouble?

As much as his teammates may love Pennington, that all goes out the window with a few mroe untimely INTs.

SFJ, after you posted this, i decided to stay up late after the Yanks game, and watch the replay at midnite.

I do not think he is going to start KC after hearing what he said, and it's probably more wishful thinking on your part that he would be deliberately misleading on the starting QB, but I dont think thats the case.

This is the second week in a row i was unimpressed with him at the open mike.

First, he keeps emphasizing that he likes how the team practices, but they arent executing during the game. I think that is b.s., and like you said, it is just him looking at the glass half full.

But more importantly, what i got out of what he said is something to the effect that he keeps explaining how when one guy messes up it just destroys the play, and how they have to eliminate maikng these mistakes.

To me, the way he keeps harping on this goes to the mindset of how he is running the team. HE IS EXPECING PERFECT EXECUTION by ALL the players on all the plays, and that is never going to happen, not when you have 11 guys lined up on the other side who are trying to disrupt what you are doing.

It also explains to me his mindset that he is content with dinking and dunking down the field, and believes it will work as long as everyone executes perfectly. It is a pipedream.

Last year the CS threw a few different flavors into the gameplan. This year, they are stuck on ordering vanilla every time, because it's safe.

The guy's testicles have shriveled up into peanuts, and he seems more concerned with his obsessions than with being a hardass who will make tough decisions. He's become the guy who is bent on protecting whatever chips he has, and is not throwing a chip on 11 and rolling the dice.

No risk, no reward.

yea I know JC-he went out of his way to make it abundantly clear that Chad is his guy and it isn't all his fault-the thing is I just don't believe him-I think that come Sunday Kellen Clemens will be lining up under Mangold's butt-if not I'm going to really start questioning what is going on with this head coach but fast-I ain't playing the fool like I did with Edwards for any coach anymore-I want results as a lifetime fan-I deserve it

Archived