A new perspective on the Crowd at the Stadium

Jetman_67

As most know I was a season ticket holder for a long time. I have a lot of great memories of games etc. One thing I recently discovered is the We Jet fans are very lame. I have been to a few games at Qwest field and those fans really know how to support a football team. The place is LOUD from introductions until the game is over.

At the Meadowlands most fans are more worried about beating traffic than the game itself. In Seattle the stadium is full until the game clock reads 0:00.

The tailgating scene is pretty lame but the crowd really gets going every game. The worst part is the crowd is smaller by about 25,000 fans.

with all teams the fan is the 12th man. The fans here really believe it and show it.

Maybe its time for Jets fans to believe they are important to a true home field advantage too.

As most know I was a season ticket holder for a long time. I have a lot of great memories of games etc. One thing I recently discovered is the We Jet fans are very lame. I have been to a few games at Qwest field and those fans really know how to support a football team. The place is LOUD from introductions until the game is over.

At the Meadowlands most fans are more worried about beating traffic than the game itself. In Seattle the stadium is full until the game clock reads 0:00.

The tailgating scene is pretty lame but the crowd really gets going every game. The worst part is the crowd is smaller by about 25,000 fans.

with all teams the fan is the 12th man. The fans here really believe it and show it.

Maybe its time for Jets fans to believe they are important to a true home field advantage too.

You'll get no arguments from me. I've been to games at Rich Stadium and the fans there REALLY know how to root for the Bills. Maybe cause it's the only game in town? I know I wish the fans at the Meadowlands were more like them.

I agree that the meadowlands is not as loud as others but I would say that this area is not truly a football "town", more a baseball town. There are also several other issues that have been beaten up over the years but not having your own stadium in your own distinct area does not help much either. For most around here it is a day out to watch football and have fun, not supporting your one and only community team.

I've been to Giants games, Soldier Field,Charlotte and Foxboro(though it was almost 20 years ago). I don't think Jets fans are bad fans, nor any better or any worse. And on the oocasions when they are going good and in the playoffs, we have great fans. How the fans are turns on how well or pporly the team is playing, period.It is dissappointing that we do have a segment who are more into beating traffic than staying for the 4th qurter, whcih I've never understood.

I've been to Giants games, Soldier Field,Charlotte and Foxboro(though it was almost 20 years ago). I don't think Jets fans are bad fans, nor any better or any worse. And on the oocasions when they are going good and in the playoffs, we have great fans. How the fans are turns on how well or pporly the team is playing, period.It is dissappointing that we do have a segment who are more into beating traffic than staying for the 4th qurter, whcih I've never understood.

Nobody is saying Jets fans are bad fans. if they were there would not be a 15 year wait list for tickets. Just sayin they can be louder and support the team for all 4 quarters. Just sayin....

Nobody is saying Jets fans are bad fans. if they were there would not be a 15 year wait list for tickets. Just sayin they can be louder and support the team for all 4 quarters. Just sayin....
Don't think it's any different. If the Jets are in the game, the crowd is loud. If the team is stinking it up, the crowd is indifferent, or alet in the game, elaving. The idea that any set of fans in the NFL is any different is nonsense.

I was a season ticket holder and attended every Jets home game since they were the Titans. I was at the Polo Grounds, Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl, Shea Stadium and the Meadowlands until 1995 and sporadically after that until 2005. I don't attend anymore because of health reasons. I never left until after the very last play of the game and the players walked off the field. I, as well as you could never understand those who leave the game in the fourth quarter to beat the traffic. The real thing that is missing when one is at home watching the game, is the crowd noise and being a part of it. We were always screaming "Defense, defense, defense" when the opposing team had the ball and screaming the dumb J-e-t-s, Jets Jets Jets chant. Too many fans today are just not real fans. As you say, many of them go out to tailgate and have a party, not necessarily root for the home team. The Jets are losing at present, but I still have hope for a decent season and a better one next year. Even though I second guess and Question some of Mangini's moves. :confused: -- Go Jets --

I really can't say much for myself seeing as I have only been to three other NFL home team games (Cleveland, New England and the Giants) and I don't see any of those fan bases being better than the Jets fans. Maybe New England, but that was more in the playoff game, but what fan base isn't loud during a playoff game?

My theory is that nobody tailgates harder or better than Jet fans. By the time the game starts, most people are too drunk/full and/or exhausted to give their all in support. It it like a boxer who warms up too hard before a fight. I think we need Teddy Atlas to train Jet tailgaters how to pace themselves better.

My theory is that nobody tailgates harder or better than Jet fans. By the time the game starts, most people are too drunk/full and/or exhausted to give their all in support. It it like a boxer who warms up too hard before a fight. I think we need Teddy Atlas to train Jet tailgaters how to pace themselves better.

Best fans = Pittsburgh, Green Bay

Worst fans = Tampa Bay, Indy (over here its Pat fans)

Craziest fans = Oakland

Best fans = Pittsburgh, Green Bay

Worst fans = Tampa Bay, Indy (over here its Pat fans)

Craziest fans = Oakland

Edit: crap, double post

Archived