Secondary concerns

4HCrew

Is it me or has Rhodes totally regressed? In addition the rest of the secondary appears to be playing soft as well. And if I see one more corner try going for the strip instead of the tackle....ugh Also Revis is either learning trial by fire or has a way to go to be a "shut down" corner.

Is it me or has Rhodes totally regressed? In addition the rest of the secondary appears to be playing soft as well. And if I see one more corner try going for the strip instead of the tackle....ugh Also Revis is either learning trial by fire or has a way to go to be a "shut down" corner.

Agree 1000%

Rhodes is starting to look like Erik McMillian. He will give you the big play if he is allowed to roam, but when you actually give him an assignment to cover somebody he becomes very mediocre.

As far as Revis PI is concerned, he has a LONG way to go before he becomes a serviceable corner. When teams would rather throw at Revis than Barrett then you know you have a problem.

Agree 1000%

Rhodes is starting to look like Erik McMillian. He will give you the big play if he is allowed to roam, but when you actually give him an assignment to cover somebody he becomes very mediocre.

As far as Revis PI is concerned, he has a LONG way to go before he becomes a serviceable corner. When teams would rather throw at Revis than Barrett then you know you have a problem.

I think you guys are going off the deep end in the other direction. Rhodes hasn't been very impressive, but he's still a decent player. IMO, Revis has done pretty well for a rookie. The first PI call looked bogus and that was at least close to being an INT. He's a rookie that missed camp, what did you expect? I don't think they are pro-bowlers, but they are more victims of our overrating them during the offseason than actually playing poorly.

There is no secondary that can survive this utter lack of pass rush untarnished. They either rush 5, 6 or 7 men or there is no hope of getting to the qb. There are either very few back in coverage or NO RUSH. Thomas' one sack came on a stunt when the guard completely missed the assignment and wasn't blocking anybody.

I think you guys are going off the deep end in the other direction. Rhodes hasn't been very impressive, but he's still a decent player. IMO, Revis has done pretty well for a rookie. The first PI call looked bogus and that was at least close to being an INT. He's a rookie that missed camp, what did you expect? I don't think they are pro-bowlers, but they are more victims of our overrating them during the offseason than actually playing poorly.

There is no secondary that can survive this utter lack of pass rush untarnished. They either rush 5, 6 or 7 men or there is no hope of getting to the qb. There are either very few back in coverage or NO RUSH. Thomas' one sack came on a stunt when the guard completely missed the assignment and wasn't blocking anybody.

I don't have any problem with Rhodes. I think he is having a good year and is the least of their concerns.

Can't really judge the secondary until:

1. They aren't needed to be the primary run defense

2. This team generates a pass rush

I don't have any problem with Rhodes. I think he is having a good year and is the least of their concerns.

At this rate we won't be judging the secondary for the rest of the season....

At this rate we won't be judging the secondary for the rest of the season....

Archived