Colts or New England

pjam76

It's almost like a reversal of a few years back. The Colts were a team that blew everybody out or they won games like 41-28. They stormed through the season and the offense was a machine. Manning threw 49 and 30+ TDs every season.

The Patriots were a team that just won. Sometimes they blew a team out but most of the time they won 20-13 or something. Just win was the theory.

Well turn that around to last season and this season and it's almost the opposite. The Colts are the 15 play 10 minute drive team and Manning doesn't throw 4+ TDs per game anymore. While the Pats score quickly and Brady throws 4+ TDs per game. The Colts are the 22-17 winners and the Pats are the 41-28 winners. It's almost like these two teams reversed and became the other team.

Who knows how it all turns out but this is why I hate the term rebuilding. Half the players these two teams lost over the past few seasons might be pro bowlers on other teams. You can't rebuild long term in the NFL anymore because you lose too many players every year.

I watch the Colts and Patriots and it's like they keep losing great players, keep replacing them, they adjust, they change, everybody wants to beat them down, and yet, they still win.

I'm tired of always rebuilding while teams like the Colts and Pats just replace and get better. The Jets can't even freaking replace an avg at best OL in Kendall while the Colts replace Glenn, an all pro OL with a rookie. They replace a pro bowl RB in Edge with a rookie. Heck, they replaced Marshall Faulk with Edge way back before they were a great team.

I'm tired of hearing the word 'rebuild.' Long term rebuilding in the NFL turns you into the Cincinnati Bengals or Arizona Cardinals. Then again it's the NY Jets since 1969.

As for the game, despite my team's great start, they have to proove they can beat the Colts. Peyton had that gorilla on his back and now Brady has to proove he can win against the Colts.

I think the more interesting debate is Brady v Manning.

For a good part of their respective careers, the argument was Peyton had the numbers and Brady the titles.

Then Peyton won his title. I think Peyton is great, but a tad over hyped. His numbers are a by product of his envrionment and a team that lavishes money on their offense to maximize their indoor advantage. They do not need a team to grind it out (theoretically speaking) indoors. They can utilize their speed.

The hole in the numbers argument was that. Peyton had an offensive supporting cast that was built first and above the D. While Brady, until this season, had an offensive supporting cast that was largely an after thought. The amount of all-stars over their respective careers on offense is ridculously slanted towards Peyton. Usually, Brady was the Pro-Bowler Plus, Peyton gets to play indoors at least 9 weeks a year with a trip to Florida thrown in the mix.

Peyton's numbers should have been better. Now, Brady is putting up Madden type numbers. Granted, it is only 7 games, but he is playing at a level that Peyton has rarely attained.

There are still alot of games to be played, but I think Brady and the Patriots were given that chip to place upon their shoulders. Thus far, they are carrying it with ease. In two weeks, we will see if this team is for real.

i think you're right PFSIKH, with it all being about manning vs. brady. i still think manning has the advantage though because even though brady is on a pace set to break the record, hes still gotta break it first. plus there playing in indianapolis so that gives the colts a big advantage. either way it'll be a great game to watch. Go Colts

Honestly, the Pats should worry about the Skins right now. Easily the best defense they'll go up against so far.

Their secondary is for real. Brady and company vs Taylor and company should be fun to watch.

I think Landry is already technically a better player than Taylor. Taylor has physical tools but has yet to pick up the football smarts of the elite.

The Skins lack a consistent pass rush and won't be able to stop Brady. Gibbs to date has been very leery on taking the training wheels off of Campbell and that will hurt as well.

31-14. Pats over Skins.

28-24 Colts over Pats.

I think Landry is already technically a better player than Taylor. Taylor has physical tools but has yet to pick up the football smarts of the elite.

The Skins lack a consistent pass rush and won't be able to stop Brady. Gibbs to date has been very leery on taking the training wheels off of Campbell and that will hurt as well.

31-14. Pats over Skins.

28-24 Colts over Pats.

Taylors leading the league in int's this year.

He's still raw, but he's a beast.

Honestly, the Pats should worry about the Skins right now. Easily the best defense they'll go up against so far.

Their secondary is for real. Brady and company vs Taylor and company should be fun to watch.

The Skins have a good defense but IMO there isn't a defense in the NFL that is going to slow down the Patriots offense. The only chance a team has is winning a shootout and the Redskins just don't have the horses for that race.

31-14. Pats over Skins.

28-24 Colts over Pats.

With the way the Skins offense is built, if they can have everyone healthy(which is doubtful), and keep Campbell from making mistakes, their offense will keep them in the game. That team can smash it down your throat constantly, then burn you deep with Sideline Santana and Randel El.

I agree the Patriots wont have a cakewalk this week, but the question remains can anyone other than Indy even seemingly beat the Pats. I expect the Skins game to be close, and if the defense can force Brady into RARE bad decisions, they'll have a chance.

Colts v Pats has the potiential to either be the game of the year, or a complete blow out

Archived