And it is time for a switch...

joebabyny

Ok, so we are sitting here at 1-6, in the afc in a division where the division will be clinched before thanksgiving and proably before the month of november. The jets obviously have nothing to play for any longer other then pride, but in an atmosphere where 95% of the guys on the field are millionaires do you think there is a whole lot of pride to fight through a season like this? At this point, the jets naturally need to think about next year, and frankly, need to think a few years beyond 08 because the problems they have are not 1 or 2 players away from fixing. We are rebuilding here, not miami dolphins rebuilding, but rebuilding nonetheless. You would assume that the coach will have another 2 years to get the right tools in place, and we will not be abandoning the 3-4 because 1) it is his system 2) he has great success where he came from with it 3) some of the great defenses in the league are using it. So at this point, with a horizon that stretches at least 2 years, you have to think about the players who are on the time bubble, just as miami did this week with chris chambers. Chad Pennington sits squarely on that bubble. I would say that if we were a player or two away from being a legit bowl contender my opinion would be different, but since we are not and since we have nothing to play for outside pride this year, it does in fact now make sense to make the change to Clemens. This change in my mind does not come because of Chad's poor play and Clemens giving us a better chance to win. Actually, it is very possible quite the opposite will happen. KC will still have to deal with the OLine and running game issues, along with the added pressures of opposing defenses trying to tee off on a rookie qb, and the scrutiny of fans and media which can't be discounted as a factor on a young player in the spotlight. KC will still be put in the position to bail out a team that our defense will all but give away, and this is where his young age may show most.

Now, I do not think KC will really give us a much better chance to win since i think our problems are much deeper then the qb position, but at the same time it is the right thing to do strictly because it doesn't matter so much how many games we win from here on out and at the end of the day CP is not a long term answer at his age and injury history. The Jets need to know if we have a solid franchise qb to build on or the next tim couch, and playing him for the next half a season will give us a chance to see.

The sad fact here is that it really won't be Chad's fault for losing his job, and there are a lot of guys in that jets locker room who will share the blame for costing this guy with all the heart in the world his job. Sad, but it is the way the game and pro sports work.

So lets bring on KC and see if he has what it takes.

The sad fact here is that it really won't be Chad's fault for losing his job.

The sad fact is that the Jets had a chance to win several of those games, and Chad derailed that chance every time.

He has no one to blame but himself. And the doctor who didn't fix his arm like Little Big League.

Sounds like it's a done deal. The announcement should come tomorrow.

As long as he does well in practice.

I think he should do pretty well. It's not like he doesn't know he is going to be getting his shot pretty soon. I would hope he is mentally ready for this.

Sounds like it's a done deal. The announcement should come tomorrow.

i still don't think there will be an announcement...Although at this point, what team cares who they have to game plan for, a one game starter? or a left handed QB throwing with his right...

Archived