Kellen's vote of No Confidence

Kentucky Jet

what is the saying: You can't see the trees because of the forest? LOL This is about developing a young QB under game conditions! If he sucks; we draft a nother QB next year. If he is the real deal drafting another QB is not so urgent. We have already passed on CUTLER, LEINART, YOUNG. We do not know much about Kellen. Do we wait until next year to find out if he is the real deal just to be nice to veterans? Sorry, but the TEAM comes first! PENNINGTON is not the worst QB to ever play. Where have you seen that written by any Jets fan? I have not seen it. But I do look at the record andwe are 1 and6. We are NOT going to the playoffs this year! Why wait on learning about the KID QB on the bench? What will be gained by playing Pennington? So we beat the BILLS and his fans will be gleeful! The schedule gets a bit harder after that game! The kid should have a chance to show what he has. he might excel or fail. The TEAM has to know before the next draft!

Booz- mangini has lost his mind this year.

ever think he was a Mumbles plant sent out to destroy this franchise?

Agreeing it was a plant would lend to the thinking that the Pats were comfortably better than every team in the NFL-except the Jets. No, I don't buy that at all. In fact, I really don't have a problem with Mangini at all-with the exception of the Chad situation. I expected their to be a struggle with the D for at least 2 years. The fact they played fairly well last year was a pleasant surprise. The fact they stink this year doesn't surprise me at all. I don't think they'd be any better in a 4-3. DRob is an exceptional bust, whether the 4-3 or 3-4. With Vilma's lack of size, the D is predicated on DRob's ability to keep guys of Vilma which he can't due regardless of the D formation. Mangini did draft well this year, and I think he did last year as well. Minus the boar hunter, I think we made out very well. But his stubborness with the Kendall situation and the Chad situation leaves me baffled and pissed off quite frankly.

what is the saying: You can't see the trees because of the forest? LOL This is about developing a young QB under game conditions! If he sucks; we draft a nother QB next year. If he is the real deal drafting another QB is not so urgent. We have already passed on CUTLER, LEINART, YOUNG. We do not know much about Kellen. Do we wait until next year to find out if he is the real deal just to be nice to veterans? Sorry, but the TEAM comes first! PENNINGTON is not the worst QB to ever play. Where have you seen that written by any Jets fan? I have not seen it. But I do look at the record andwe are 1 and6. We are NOT going to the playoffs this year! Why wait on learning about the KID QB on the bench? What will be gained by playing Pennington? So we beat the BILLS and his fans will be gleeful! The schedule gets a bit harder after that game! The kid should have a chance to show what he has. he might excel or fail. The TEAM has to know before the next draft!

What do the forest or the trees have to do with you claiming people are rooting against Clemens? Maybe Clemens blows AND THEY ALREADY KNOW IT. I don't think it's likely, but it is possible and that was the post you quoted in your declaration that Pennington fans are patheticly rooting against KC.

We don't know much about Clemens, but the coaches do. I agree that Clemens should get real game time sooner rather than later, but I don't think he needs to get the entire rest of the season to get used to game speed for next year. I would hope they picking and choosing so that they aren't throwing him to the wolves. Remember Phil Simms early career? He was damn near ruined by the situation.

I don't know Mangini's reasoning, and I probably wouldn't agree with it. I hate rah rah, pump you up, motivate you coaches. Still, I want a coach that will stick with what he believes and not give two ****s about what the fans or press thinks. Mangini may end up being a bad coach, but I'm glad he doesn't make a change to make you, me or Mike Lupica happy.

It looked like they were still blitzing the entire time, and no matter what, once we got to within a TD what team would be playing the prevent? Clemens moved the ball well even down only a TD, and if not for those drops the game should have been tied up.

To answer what I bolded above....we probably would :)

IMO you are correct! It is very pathetic and I see the CHAD's fans rooting for KELLEN to fail.

Well, in all fairness, for the last several weeks we keep seeing threads asking for Chad to fail, even though that would mean the Jets would lose as well, which they did.

I don't want Kellen to fail, but I also don't think he's as good as some here make him out to be. He could be, and we don't know for sure, so I'd like to see him in there to find out, but the fact is it wouldn't matter who was the backup at this point...people always want to see the backup in when we're losing.

Please find an example of this. I am a Chad fan, always have been. I have never said anything or seen anyone ever mention anything about "Rooting for Kellen to fail".

I don't think he was referring to you. Hell, you're all over the map so nobody really knows what the heck your opinion is.

Whaaa???

Everyone knows the Irish guy!!!:thumbup:

Anyways, I said in my post I have never seen any Chad fans rooting for kellen to fail.

Sorry man, much like my Irish Wife, I can't figure you out for the life of me. I always though it was a woman thing, but now I'm starting to think it's an Irish thing. Or, even worse, I'm doubly Eff'ed since she's Irish AND a woman!!! :beer_Orcish:

Sorry man, much like my Irish Wife, I can't figure you out for the life of me. I always though it was a woman thing, but now I'm starting to think it's an Irish thing. Or, even worse, I'm doubly Eff'ed since she's Irish AND a woman!!! :beer_Orcish:

Yeah, we're all pretty strange. But thats why you gotta love us.:cool0043:

What do the forest or the trees have to do with you claiming people are rooting against Clemens? Maybe Clemens blows AND THEY ALREADY KNOW IT. I don't think it's likely, but it is possible and that was the post you quoted in your declaration that Pennington fans are patheticly rooting against KC.

We don't know much about Clemens, but the coaches do. I agree that Clemens should get real game time sooner rather than later, but I don't think he needs to get the entire rest of the season to get used to game speed for next year. I would hope they picking and choosing so that they aren't throwing him to the wolves. Remember Phil Simms early career? He was damn near ruined by the situation.

I don't know Mangini's reasoning, and I probably wouldn't agree with it. I hate rah rah, pump you up, motivate you coaches. Still, I want a coach that will stick with what he believes and not give two ****s about what the fans or press thinks. Mangini may end up being a bad coach, but I'm glad he doesn't make a change to make you, me or Mike Lupica happy.

The problem with this theory is that if Mangini and staff think KC isn't that good and they don't start him until Dec or something, 3-4 meaningless games tells us what about him?

SO they go into next season either with Chad at QB or an unknown KC. At that point, you could be looking at a wasted Year 3, even if KC is a decent QB of the future. Rookie QB's make rookie mistakes and that is what he'll be at that point.

If he isn't very good, suddenly you go into the Miami Dolphin's I have no clue what we're doing mode. Because then not only do you have an aging Chad who might not be here anymore but you don't have a QB of the future. Drafting one going into year 4 is nice, except now it's another 3-4 year plan on top of the original 3-4 year plan. 8 year plans don't build wining football teams anymore.

There is one thing I see this season. Mangini has lost the locker room. The team seems to be running things not him, he's not benching Chad because he knows the team will side with Chad over him....he's used to being in the Belichick system with the humble pie...not the Herm system where the players were babied.

He has no power over these guys unless they are winning. Schott has packed it in and I think he has one foot out the door because of Kiffen being a head coach. He figures if that idiot can get the job with no NFL experience then what the heck am I doing in NY. Sutton is not a co-ordinator he is a position coach. Westoff is the only one who knows what he's doing other than Mangini and even he has lost the guys.

Eric can't run this team on his own when he doesn't have the respect of his team (mainly because he barely earned it). What little he did have he pissed it away by treating Kendall the way he did and doing nothing to improve the team. Vets who are skilled want to see a comittment to win not to stand...for lack of a better term...pat.

What Mangini needs to do is cram the ego, go to he players an apologize suck up a bit...serve himself a bit of humble pie and admit he was wrong and a little full of himself...he needs to humanize himself and bring him down to their level show he is an equal and re-earn the respect he got last year. Then they'll start playing for him, when you love your coach you'll go out on the field and bleed for him....Lombardi knew it, Landry knew it, Walsh knew it, hell even Belichick knows it.

The only reason Clemens isn't the starter is because the Jets aren't 1 team, they are 2 teams. One team is what was left when Herm did, a 4-3 defence with a QB drafted to do something he couldn't, a Star RB who was the heart of the team and a bunch of Vested vets who wanted everything handed to them. The other is the Mangini 3-4 Jets, the young strong solid unit who follows the coach and has to earn everything through hard work.

If he starts Clemens team one gives up and there aren't enough of team 2 to cover that absence.

There is only one way Mangini can succeed....become his own coach, not Bill Jr and not a Herm. He needs to cut and trade the ones who aren't buying in, build around whats left and make this his team fully. This is not a playoff team waiting to happen it's one that lucked into an good season last year, got stuck without the draft picks it needed, and ended up buying into the hype that they were a surprise team to beat and only needed a few key pieces.

There is one thing I see this season. Mangini has lost the locker room. The team seems to be running things not him, he's not benching Chad because he knows the team will side with Chad over him....he's used to being in the Belichick system with the humble pie...not the Herm system where the players were babied.

He has no power over these guys unless they are winning. Schott has packed it in and I think he has one foot out the door because of Kiffen being a head coach. He figures if that idiot can get the job with no NFL experience then what the heck am I doing in NY. Sutton is not a co-ordinator he is a position coach. Westoff is the only one who knows what he's doing other than Mangini and even he has lost the guys.

Eric can't run this team on his own when he doesn't have the respect of his team (mainly because he barely earned it). What little he did have he pissed it away by treating Kendall the way he did and doing nothing to improve the team. Vets who are skilled want to see a comittment to win not to stand...for lack of a better term...pat.

What Mangini needs to do is cram the ego, go to he players an apologize suck up a bit...serve himself a bit of humble pie and admit he was wrong and a little full of himself...he needs to humanize himself and bring him down to their level show he is an equal and re-earn the respect he got last year. Then they'll start playing for him, when you love your coach you'll go out on the field and bleed for him....Lombardi knew it, Landry knew it, Walsh knew it, hell even Belichick knows it.

The only reason Clemens isn't the starter is because the Jets aren't 1 team, they are 2 teams. One team is what was left when Herm did, a 4-3 defence with a QB drafted to do something he couldn't, a Star RB who was the heart of the team and a bunch of Vested vets who wanted everything handed to them. The other is the Mangini 3-4 Jets, the young strong solid unit who follows the coach and has to earn everything through hard work.

If he starts Clemens team one gives up and there aren't enough of team 2 to cover that absence.

There is only one way Mangini can succeed....become his own coach, not Bill Jr and not a Herm. He needs to cut and trade the ones who aren't buying in, build around whats left and make this his team fully. This is not a playoff team waiting to happen it's one that lucked into an good season last year, got stuck without the draft picks it needed, and ended up buying into the hype that they were a surprise team to beat and only needed a few key pieces.

POTW NOM

:character0050:

Great post. The problem with team 2 (the young team) is they have 4 players. Mangold, DBrick, Revis, and Harris.

I doubt players like Washington, Smith, and KC hate Mangini but I doubt they love the guy. When you don't start and think you should, you aren't usually a player who thinks that highly of your coach. You might not say anything and you still will play your butt off, but going out of your way for a coach who doesn't even play you, isn't really reality.

So there in itself is the biggest problem. Team 2 has 4 freaking players after 2 off seasons. That is not going to build you a young good team.

As far as people respecting BB, it's because he wins. He was called an idiot in Cleveland when he lost. Winning cures many issues. Remember the Pats have won since 2001. They might not win the super bowl every year, but they are a contender every year. Same with the Colts. Same case was with the 49ers. Same case was with the Cowboys. Even with the Steelers under Cowher. If you are a contender almost every year, people let things slide. Winning hides everything. Not everybody loves BB. We've seen plenty of players leave or complain. But winning squashes that. The Jets are 1-6 and a wild card loser. Acting like an a-hole at this point means you have to win soon.

Archived