FIRE MANGINI

JETSFAN5180

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Herm sucked in season 1 at 10-6. I also thought Herm sucked his entire career with the Jets. you can't compare the 2.

What I am saying is... the majority of JETS fans still liked and defended the guy JUST like they are doing now with Mangini... its almost the same situation... and I can see it ending even worse...

Yeah, I could see T.O. and Chad getting along swimmingly.

I am sure neither T.O. or Moss would have a problem with our 1-8 record.

EXACTLY.

We have much bigger problems on our team then WR's right now, you know, like 6 of the 7 front 7 players on our defense!!

I understand the argument that we shouldve spent more on FA's, but the argument that we should've overpaid for me-first, loudmouth players such as TO and Moss when we already have 3 above avg (at least) wide receivers makes absolutely no sense.

And to the topic:

If we fire Mangini now I will stop being a Jets fan.

It takes time, we need to show some patience.

Mangini is a good coach that was dealt a bad hand, but over the next few years Mangini will continue to improve and the team will continue to build.

I said this to my friends about midseason last year and I still believe it, 2009 is the year we start our era of dominance. Just 2 or 3 more years of patience and we'll be on top of the league, book it.

Mangini >>>Herm

Stop the comparisons now, please.

Being better than Herm doesnt = much...

I am not comparing the 2 coaches head to head... I am comparing the results...

ON a scale of 1-100..

Herm was about a 25

Mangini is about a 35

Cowher is about a 75... get him!

Neither should be the NYJ head coach...

Dude, as sad as it is, right now Mangini isn't even equal to Kotite.

Yes he is.

One bad year and we're in every game late.

Patience is the key, Mangini is a solid coach and will continue to improve with the rest of our team.

We hired him as a long term investment, we cant chop off his head after a year and a half and a playoff birth.

Yes he is.

Patience is the key, Mangini is a solid coach and will continue to improve with the rest of our team.

We hired him as a long term investment, we cant chop off his head after a year and a half and a playoff birth.

How is he a solid coach?

He screwed up the Vilma and Chad situations... those are HUGE mistakes... not little blips...

He is arrogant... cant motivate his team... and is supposed to be a defensive mastermind but his defense is one of the worst in NFL history... Its pretty clear BB was behind the D in NE and Mangini was just a puppet...

Yes he is.

His entire first year he played the Lions, Raiders and Texans and Titans (before Vince Young learned how to play NFL football). Now the Jets are 1 and f*cking 8 and I got to hear about how this guy is brilliant and the future. Why? B/C he got Belichick's coffee and beat some garbage teams his first year? F that.

Mangini Blows. Go jump back on the bandwagon when he beats the Niners, Rams and Dolphins next year and goes 8-8 next year while NE wins it's 5th Super Bowl. This sucks.

Yes he is.

We hired Mangini to rebuild the team.

Thus far, he has done a PISS POOR job of that.

Being better than Herm doesnt = much...

I am not comparing the 2 coaches head to head... I am comparing the results...

ON a scale of 1-100..

Herm was about a 25

Mangini is about a 35

Cowher is about a 75... get him!

Neither should be the NYJ head coach...

How long did it take Cowher to bring Pitt to a SB?

Bellicheck to get to a SB?

Holmgren?

Dungy?

ANYONE?

The point is, I don't think there's ever been a HC in the league thats made the SB with only 2 years HC experience. We hired Mangini for the long term... We need to give him at least 3 or 4 years before we even think about pulling the plug.

His entire first year he played the Lions, Raiders and Texans and Titans (before Vince Young learned how to play NFL football). Now the Jets are 1 and f*cking 8 and I got to hear about how this guy is brilliant and the future. Why? B/C he got Belichick's coffee and beat some garbage teams his first year? F that.

Vince Young still hasn't learned how to play NFL football.

Yes he is.

We have no clue what kind of coach Mangini is. At this point it looks like Mangini got away with cheating last season. I mean how do you go from a decent second half coach to the worst in the NFL.

THey can't score in the 2nd half. They can't stop opposing teams in the 2nd half. At this point I'm assuming nothing. Maybe Mangini isn't as good as we thought. A coach that is 1-8 is not considered a good coach.

We hired Mangini to rebuild the team.

Thus far, he has done a PISS POOR job of that.

Seriously... why cant people see this?

and not only that but he is pissing off all the players in the meantime... he is a terrible "coach" and by that I mean he cannot "coach" the players... they do not see eye to eye...

Seriously... why cant people see this?

and not only that but he is pissing off all the players in the meantime... he is a terrible "coach" and by that I mean he cannot "coach" the players... they do not see eye to eye...

Dude you are such a joke. You have done a complete 180 on Mangini from about 2 months ago. Just pathetic. Stop crying like a biatch.

And the best players on this team are Mangini's players. Just sayin'. You rebuild thru the draft, and his drafts have been good. How soon we forget he inherited a 4-12 trainwreck and turned it around.

The only mistake Mangini has made thus far is not pulling the plug on Chad 5 weeks ago. So, we are gonna go 3-13/4-12 this year instead of 6-10/7-9. Not the end of the world.

He deserves the upcoming offseason and the 2008 season to get this team back on the right track. End of story.

You honestly expected the team to be done rebuilding after two offseasons?

Get real.

NO... you expect them to be on the right path... we keep wasting draft picks on average veterans that wont be around when its time to compete... and we are not trading away veterans that could yield important draft picks...

COles

Pennington

Vilma

Barton

Drob

Dyson

Barrett

Jmac

All should have been dealt in the offseason... they are all replaceable OR... wont be here when the JETS are done rebuilding anyways...

We have no clue what kind of coach Mangini is. At this point it looks like Mangini got away with cheating last season. I mean how do you go from a decent second half coach to the worst in the NFL.

THey can't score in the 2nd half. They can't stop opposing teams in the 2nd half. At this point I'm assuming nothing. Maybe Mangini isn't as good as we thought. A coach that is 1-8 is not considered a good coach.

Okay, lets fire him so he can go on to some other team who has the patience to endure some tough years and watch him win 3 SB's in 10 years for them...

PEOPLE, READ MY POSTS...

I seriously doubt there's ever been a HC in the league that has gotten anywhere near a SB with only 2 years experience...EVER.

Dude you are such a joke. You have done a complete 180 on Mangini from about 2 months ago. Just pathetic. Stop crying like a biatch.

And the best players on this team are Mangini's players. Just sayin'. You rebuild thru the draft, and his drafts have been good. How soon we forget he inherited a 4-12 trainwreck and turned it around.

The only mistake Mangini has made thus far is not pulling the plug on Chad 5 weeks ago. So, we are gonna go 3-13/4-12 this year instead of 6-10/7-9. Not the end of the world.

He deserves the upcoming offseason and the 2008 season to get this team back on the right track. End of story.

Mangini does not draft the players... there are scouts and draft experts on the team that handle that... does he have a say in it? Sure... but he did not hand pick those guys...

Yes he is.

POTW nom!

That's exactly what Mangini said when he was hired. he said he needed a commitment over the long haul to make the program work. so you don't fire a guy after one bad season.

We were never going anywhere with Pennington under center anyway. and I want to win a ****ing Super Bowl, not just look good by making the playoffs.

Okay, lets fire him so he can go on to some other team who has the patience to endure some tough years and watch him win 3 SB's in 10 years for them...

PEOPLE, READ MY POSTS...

I seriously doubt there's ever been a HC in the league that has gotten anywhere near a SB with only 2 years experience...EVER.

Cuz Saban and Spurrier are in such high demand. I got an idea let's fire Mangini and hire Saban, that we we will be 2 years ahead of the time frame with Mangini!

POTW nom!

That's exactly what Mangini said when he was hired. he said he needed a commitment over the long haul to make the program work. so you don't fire a guy after one bad season.

We were never going anywhere with Pennington under center anyway. and I want to win a ****ing Super Bowl, not just look good by making the playoffs.

and look how long he left him in there...

Herm was a young fiery coach that was a long term investment as well.. it was always "let him bring his system and his players in, its takes time" :rolleyes:

ITs going to be round 2 here guys... its ashame you cant see it...

POTW nom!

This coach you are defending is the one that stubbornly started Pennington to 5 straight losses.

This coach you are defending is the one that stubbornly started Pennington to 5 straight losses.

Hey, I remember Bill Parcells starting Scott Bruenner over Phil Simms 20 some odd years ago. everybody makes mistakes, nobody is perfect.

NO... you expect them to be on the right path... we keep wasting draft picks on average veterans that wont be around when its time to compete... and we are not trading away veterans that could yield important draft picks...

COles

Pennington

Vilma

Barton

Drob

Dyson

Barrett

Jmac

All should have been dealt in the offseason... they are all replaceable OR... wont be here when the JETS are done rebuilding anyways...

We tried trading Vilma and nothing came of it.

Barett, Jmac, and Drob all add up to one smelly piece of trash that no team would even think about giving up a 7th rounder for.

Barton and Dyson were both average players last year that we possibly could have gotten something for, but not much.

Coles is still our best WR, but he's old enough that we wouldnt get more then a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him...And he's still got enough left in the tank for him to contribute to the team.

Pennington, well, hindsight is 20-20... It wouldve been impossible to predict him being THIS bad.

In any event, real life unfortunately is not=madden. You're not going to trade your whole team away in 1 year.

If we made those trades and were still 1-8, you would all be saying we shouldve never done that.

Rebuilding is a process, processes take time.

Hey, I remember Bill Parcells starting Scott Bruenner over Phil Simms 20 some odd years ago. everybody makes mistakes, nobody is perfect.

What about starting Vilma over Harris... only to have Vilma get hurt and lose Massive amounts of trade value... ???

How about Kimo?

How about Barlow?

How about the Kendall thing?

How about benching your FB when you have no running game?

How about keeping Jmac and putting the ball in his hands (or not) ?

How about Ramsey?

How about the Dyson situation? (mangini was a DB coach... why cant he fix his play?)

Seems like Cedric Houston knew what was coming...

How about giving Bryan Thomas an extension only to see him once again become mediocore?

How about Kenyon COleman getting a contract too large?

How about this mess of an Oline and D line?

We tried trading Vilma and nothing came of it.

Barett, Jmac, and Drob all add up to one smelly piece of trash that no team would even think about giving up a 7th rounder for.

Barton and Dyson were both average players last year that we possibly could have gotten something for, but not much.

Coles is still our best WR, but he's old enough that we wouldnt get more then a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him...And he's still got enough left in the tank for him to contribute to the team.

Pennington, well, hindsight is 20-20... It wouldve been impossible to predict him being THIS bad.

In any event, real life unfortunately is not=madden. You're not going to trade your whole team away in 1 year.

If we made those trades and were still 1-8, you would all be saying we shouldve never done that.

Rebuilding is a process, processes take time.

They wouldnt take what they could get for the players... they wanted too much...

Coles can still contribute.,... but what good does it do? They will need a new #1 guys soon enough... better start looking for him now rather than keeping Coles here...

Archived