Petitte Declines $16M option

K2C

When Donny baseball retired after that heartbreaking series with Seattle...I thought baseball was over as I knew it. I was wrong. Hopefully we can start a new chapter without too many horrible yrs in between.

Ps...**** NORM CHARLTON!

I know many of you think I'm already insane, but I'm looking forward to new faces . Guys like Brosius and O'Neill is what this team needs. Then plug in the young talent, and we have a good outlook. This franchise tried the big money free agent route in the 80's......and ate a big fat kawk. The same has happened in this decade. Time for a change.

I know many of you think I'm already insane, but I'm looking forward to new faces . Guys like Brosius and O'Neill is what this team needs. Then plug in the young talent, and we have a good outlook. This franchise tried the big money free agent route in the 80's......and ate a big fat kawk. The same has happened in this decade. Time for a change.

I always get a kick out of the "we need guys like Brosius" or "Girardi's has rings".

Brosius had one good season with the Yanks(his 1st).

Brosius also hit .222 or under in 7 of his 12 post season series for a scintillating .245 average overall.

Girardi was something like a .180 post season hitter with 1 whopping RBI in 114 AB's

Paul Oneil in 92 WS AB's was a .262 hitter with zero HR's and 7 RBI's.

WS rings are team accomplishments yet there seems to be a case of selective memory when it comes to the players above compared to say ARod.

Yanks won those rings with very good SP and a lights out pen mixed in with great Managing from Joe Torre.

I always get a kick out of the "we need guys like Brosius" or "Girardi's has rings".

Brosius had one good season with the Yanks(his 1st).

Brosius also hit .222 or under in 7 of his 12 post season series for a scintillating .245 average overall.

Girardi was something like a .180 post season hitter with 1 whopping RBI in 114 AB's

Paul Oneil in 92 WS AB's was a .262 hitter with zero HR's and 7 RBI's.

WS rings are team accomplishments yet there seems to be a case of selective memory when it comes to the players above compared to say ARod.

Yanks won those rings with very good SP and a lights out pen mixed in with great Managing from Joe Torre.

A lot of the players yo're bashing in this thread came through mutiple times in HUGE spots for the Yankees. That's why they're missed. This collection of bed $h!tters gets old after a while. I could care less about a players overall average in the post season as long as they're getting a big hit here and there to win you a game. The teams that a lot of these guys played on were facing guys like Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine, RJ, Schilling, Hoffman, Wohlers to name a few. I'll take low batting average against these guys any day of the week as long as you find a way to win. I don't care if it's Joe Girardi getting one of his only hits to start the scoring against Maddux, or the oh so poor Scott Brosious taking one of the best closers of all time deep in the 9th inning. Again, these guys did things that mattered in big spots. In the post season that's what matters. They did enough to win. This current cast of characters does not.

A lot of the players yo're bashing in this thread came through mutiple times in HUGE spots for the Yankees. That's why they're missed. This collection of bed $h!tters gets old after a while. I could care less about a players overall average in the post season as long as they're getting a big hit here and there to win you a game. The teams that a lot of these guys played on were facing guys like Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine, RJ, Schilling, Hoffman, Wohlers to name a few. I'll take low batting average against these guys any day of the week as long as you find a way to win. I don't care if it's Joe Girardi getting one of his only hits to start the scoring against Maddux, or the oh so poor Scott Brosious taking one of the best closers of all time deep in the 9th inning. Again, these guys did things that mattered in big spots. In the post season that's what matters. They did enough to win. This current cast of characters does not.

I am not bashing those players but just pointing out how cherry picking some are(obviously yourself) in deciding what is a big hit/series and what is not. THE WS is littered with mediocre players having ONE big hit throughout its history. Winning brings on selective viewing as you prove so well.......almost any player who gets the AB's the mediocre Brosius and Girardi did would accidently come up with the same occassional big hit.

I am not bashing those players but just pointing out how cherry picking some are(obviously yourself) in deciding what is a big hit/series and what is not. THE WS is littered with mediocre players having ONE big hit throughout its history. Winning brings on selective viewing as you prove so well.......almost any player who gets the AB's the mediocre Brosius and Girardi did would accidently come up with the same occassional big hit.

Those guys were clutch. They got big hits in big spots. As a result many of them are wearing mutliple WS rings. That's why I would like to see the Yankees acquire similar players. I like it when my team wins rings, not when they make the playoffs. That's just me.

Tino , Paulie, and Brosious came through with endless clutch hits and home runs, in key situations. If you've forgotten, you can go rent a few dvd's and refresh your memory. That along with excellent pitching made the dynasty. Now we have a bunch of turds like Afraud, who rake good numbers during the regular season, only to lay a big fat egg during the playoffs. That's why there is some house keeping going on in the BX right now.

I don't think their clutch hits were "endless". GS stats include 1 postseason rbi for Girardi and 7 WS rbi for O'Neal. Even if every one were "clutch" that's not much. What those guys gave the Yanks and ARod and these others haven't are consistent good at bats. How many times did the Yanks put the lead off man on and not score? That wasn't happening much '96-2000.

Archived