Down goes West Virginia

AVM

And OU is up 2 scores. This, of course, is all hypothetical at this point, but...might it be OSU vs. Georgia? Does Georgia get the nod over LSU(won the conference) and Kansas(God i hope so). Does VT get a shot? USC? LSU?

I think Georgia and USC are the hottest teams in football right now, but thats not what decides it. What do you guys think?

If LSU doesn't get in, it's a complete joke.

You should have to be a conference champion to play for the title.

LSU does not deserve it, they have two losses both to unranked opponents and you did not play anywhere near the best team in the SEC East today. Georgia deserves it more than LSU does and I don't care if they weren't in the SEC championship, they are a better team than Tennessee and everyone knows it. I'd love to see a Virginia Tech vs Georgia matchup in the Championship but theres no way Ohio State doesn't get in now.

This does nothing but help the advocates for a playoff system. We could have an 8 team playoff between Ohio State, LSU, Georgia, Virginia Tech, USC, Oklahoma(gets it over Missouri b/c of beating them twice obviously), West Virginia(really only because they won conference), and IF Hawaii comes back tonight and finishes undefeated, then Hawaii even if undeservedly, because of going undefeated. Otherwise, Im not sure who the 8th team would be.

#1--this would in no way take away from this amazing college football season.

#2--My eyes would be glued to each and every one of those games, and what sports loving person wouldnt?

If LSU doesn't get in, it's a complete joke.

You should have to be a conference champion to play for the title.

I really wish Kentucky could have actually done something worthwhile last week in defeating Tennessee, so we could see Georgia vs. LSU. We hear about all the time its who's the best team at the end of the season, and Georgia is definately better than they were when they lost to Tennessee. Regardless, they did lose, and the more i think about it the harder it is for me to think LSU doesnt get an invite.

They beat Va.Tech(putting it lightly), won the conference Georgia is in, and Kansas beat no one worthwhile all year. I really wish there was at least a +1.

LSU does not deserve it, they have two losses both to unranked opponents and you did not play anywhere near the best team in the SEC East today. Georgia deserves it more than LSU does and I don't care if they weren't in the SEC championship, they are a better team than Tennessee and everyone knows it. I'd love to see a Virginia Tech vs Georgia matchup in the Championship but theres no way Ohio State doesn't get in now.

Georgia has two losses, the same as LSU. Both of LSU's losses were in triple overtime, and they won Georgia's conference.

Virginia Tech vs. Georgia? Virginia Tech, a team that lost to LSU by 41, should get in over them?

I'm not sure where your hatred of LSU comes from. They are clearly the most deserving team. Maybe you are just jealous because they aren't a one man team and can actually win a game with a backup QB.

Archived