You have to like what Clemens has done thus far today.

Barton

After the fluke pick six/fumble, Jets get the ball back down by 3, crowd is roaring, an obvious huge point in the game and Clemens converts on 3rd down to Coles, big plays and a TD drive to get the lead back for the Jets. And he lead Smith in stride with a guy in his face, thats something that gets overlooked by most people.

Those are the kinds of things you look for in a young QB. Signs. Much like he did vs the Ravens, Skins and Steelers, when the game was swinging in the balance Clemens had a big drive.

Good signs, despite some erratic passes and reads. Those are learned over time. You cant teach a QB how to be poised in big spots.

The turning point in this game was when the Jets got the ball on offense after the pick six by the Phins for a touchdown, and answered right back with a touchdown of their own to take back the lead. That was the biggest moment of this game. Completely changed it all. And Clemens deserves kudos on that.

I'd like to see what Clemens can do in the redzone without the awful playcalling. Someone needs to tell Schott no one is fooled by the Brad Smith QB draw. All it does is set up second and long.

That is why I was very pissed that we kept trying to get Jones his damn meaningless TD, we should get this kid as much experience as possible down there. Clembo played very well today, he still looks very shaky when pressured though. He needs to throw the ball away more.

I'd like to see what Clemens can do in the redzone without the awful playcalling. Someone needs to tell Schott no one is fooled by the Brad Smith QB draw. All it does is set up second and long.

Someone also needs to tell Schotty that you are allowed to throw on first down. Now, the fact that Jones was only averaging a couple of yards per attempt in the first half and the Jets stayed with the run is very comendable. BUT .... you have to throw on first down at least once in a while. If nothing else to keep the defense honest. Other than the trick plays, this offense is so predictable, it is painful. I am happy with the win and the 40 points, but you can't do that against the good defenses. You have to try to keep them guessing.

Someone also needs to tell Schotty that you are allowed to throw on first down. Now, the fact that Jones was only averaging a couple of yards per attempt in the first half and the Jets stayed with the run is very comendable. BUT .... you have to throw on first down at least once in a while. If nothing else to keep the defense honest. Other than the trick plays, this offense is so predictable, it is painful. I am happy with the win and the 40 points, but you can't do that against the good defenses. You have to try to keep them guessing.

I'm glad that we started mixing it up a little but the excessive running on first down is patchetic. It really doesn't help Clemens out at all either, It's often left him in tough 3rd and long situations.

I'm glad that we started mixing it up a little but the excessive running on first down is patchetic. It really doesn't help Clemens out at all either, It's often left him in tough 3rd and long situations.

Exactly. It's like the Jets are still in the sixties where everyone's game plan was to establish the run. The good teams now (Pats, Colts, Cowboys, Packers) pass to get the lead and run to keep it. Shotty needs to watch and learn.

Exactly. It's like the Jets are still in the sixties where everyone's game plan was to establish the run. The good teams now (Pats, Colts, Cowboys, Packers) pass to get the lead and run to keep it. Shotty needs to watch and learn.

It's amazing that he doesn't notice that we're actually pretty succesful thrwoing down the field early on in the game and on first down.

Archived