Yankees looking at Danny Haren

Blackout

to a certain extent yes but Haren doesn't have two CY's to raise his price...yet

We'll see.

Joel Sherman has details.

• Billy Beane sees Dan Haren as equal in value to Johan Santana, all things considered. Over the next three years, that could be true - plus Haren is much more reasonable in terms of salary.
  • Beane's focus is young pitching.
  • Beane doesn't want Melky Cabrera from the Yankees. He wants a package starting with Phil Hughes and one of Ian Kennedy or Alan Horne.
  • Sherman says the Mets don't have the blue-chippers in Mike Pelfrey

Not player wise and you know that...the fact that Haren is under control and cheaper salary wise means more prospects leave the team who trades for him.

Right. The cost is similar. I'd be willing to send Oakland Kennedy and a mid-level prospect for Haren -- they will want more.

I'd do the dance of joy if they'll take Kennedy, Giambi and $10million....

Yankees VP Hank Steinbrenner said he wouldn't pay the same kind of price for Dan Haren he would have for Johan Santana.

Steinbrenner called that price for Haren "ridiculous" and vowed: "It won't happen, not with us." The A's aren't believed to have a lot of interest in Melky Cabrera, so they'd probably ask for at least Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy and Austin Jackson.

Source: Newsday

I say keep all our prospects and tell Billy Beane and the guy from Minnesota to go **** themselves. we signed Pettite, so I only see this as trying to beat the Red Sox to the punch.

Oh, and the red sox can go **** themselves too.

I say keep all our prospects and tell Billy Beane and the guy from Minnesota to go **** themselves. we signed Pettite, so I only see this as trying to beat the Red Sox to the punch.

Oh, and the red sox can go **** themselves too.

I agree. I'd love to improve our rotation, but the cost in prospects seems silly to get either of those deals done. We've got enough talent to build from within.

Sounds like Yanks fans are getting pissed because small market teams are no longer trading their quality players in exchange for s*** players and prospects anymore.

If I was looking to trade Danny Haren, I wouldn't want Melky Cabrera either. I'd want Hughes or Kennedy

Sounds like Yanks fans are getting pissed because small market teams are no longer trading their quality players in exchange for s*** players and prospects anymore.

If I was looking to trade Danny Haren, I wouldn't want Melky Cabrera either. I'd want Hughes or Kennedy

That's fine by me...let some of these small market teams start paying their players then...Marlins didn't get that memo.

yeah,Hughes or Kennedy, not Hughes and Kennedy,plus Jackson

If the small market teams keep trying to up the price and up the price, they're gonna be faced with a situation where they're either gonna have to lose their guys for the two draft picks.. or trade them. There is no reason for these big market clubs to give up the whole farm for someone they can just get into a bidding war over next year.

Archived