Twins saying no the Sox as well ?

shawn306

Interesting tidbit from Gammons on the Espn winter meetings blog

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=winter_meetings

Music City rumblingsposted: Wednesday, December 5, 2007 | Print Entry

There already has been one blockbuster at the winter meetings. What will happen on the third day in Nashville? This is what're hearing.

All times ET

12:58 p.m., from Amy Nelson

thank god Jason Bay didn't go to the AL

man the AL is going to be so ****ing overloaded in star power. it's almost not fair lol.

I think it's fairly evenly distributed between both leagues. The Yanks -Sox and Angels ability to grab NL Stars with trades of their prospects like the Tigers did could sway that though.

Interesting tidbit from Gammons on the Espn winter meetings blog

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=winter_meetings

Music City rumblingsposted: Wednesday, December 5, 2007 | Print Entry

There already has been one blockbuster at the winter meetings. What will happen on the third day in Nashville? This is what're hearing.

12:15 p.m., from Peter Gammons

If the Twins weren't going to take Melky & Hughes, why would they take Lester & Crisp or Ellsbury and two prospects? But, do not fool yourselves. If Boston has a package of Lester, Ellsbury and a top prospect, he's on his way to Beantown.

I have to wonder a bit if the Twins are getting some media backlash for even thinking about dealing Santana.

You have a team here that has just broken ground on a new stadium that is costing millions of dollars and now they want to deal their best pitcher ?

Maybe the Twins are starting to think that they need to pay the Santanas , Morenaus and Mauers to keep the fan base happy and keep them from asking and calling the talk shows "Why the Heck are the Twins getting a new stadium and when the won't pony up the cash to keep their best ballpayers ?"

I'm not sure if the new stadium is being funded with taxpayers dollars but if it is and I see this I would be really ticked.

I have to wonder a bit if the Twins are getting some media backlash for even thinking about dealing Santana.

You have a team here that has just broken ground on a new stadium that is costing millions of dollars and now they want to deal their best pitcher ?

Maybe the Twins are starting to think that they need to pay the Santanas , Morenaus and Mauers to keep the fan base happy and keep them from asking and calling the talk shows "Why the Heck are the Twins getting a new stadium and when the won't pony up the cash to keep their best ballpayers ?"

I'm not sure if the new stadium is being funded with taxpayers dollars but if it is and I see this I would be really ticked.

I think I heard Mike and Dog say it was taxpayer funded. While that division is probably the strongest in the AL right now, Liriano and Johan give you a shot. Plus if they are not in contention Johan will still have a high trade value at the deadline.

I also thought I recall reading that it was a taxpayer funded stadium.

You may be right on the fan backlash.

Not to mention...if Liriano is healthy and returns to form...him and Santana could be the best 1-2 combo in MLB.

Agree with that. And the pen is at least OK, and Nathan is as solid as they come for a closer. But the lineup is well short of the Tigers, as well as that of the Indians. Over a long season, this will cost them games, and wins, in the standings, and probably keeps them out of the WC chase.

I think I heard Mike and Dog say it was taxpayer funded. While that division is probably the strongest in the AL right now, Liriano and Johan give you a shot. Plus if they are not in contention Johan will still have a high trade value at the deadline.

I agree a 100%.

Especially, if the Yankees are struggling again.

If the Yankees old and young studs with "potential" struggle, picking up Johan in the middle of the season might soldify a shaky situation.

Archived