Clemens denies taking.....

NIGHT STALKER

I excerpted a portion of that article. Read this slowly everyone, especially the underlined part, which I underlined:

"I want to state clearly and without qualification: I did not take steroids, human growth hormone or any other banned substances at any time in my baseball career or, in fact, my entire life,'' Clemens said Tuesday in a statement issued through his agent, Randy Hendricks. "Those substances represent a dangerous and destructive shortcut that no athlete should ever take.

This can easily be interpreted to mean that he took these substances prior to their being banned.

I excerpted a portion of that article. Read this slowly everyone, especially the underlined part, which I underlined:

"I want to state clearly and without qualification: I did not take steroids, human growth hormone or any other banned substances at any time in my baseball career or, in fact, my entire life,'' Clemens said Tuesday in a statement issued through his agent, Randy Hendricks. "Those substances represent a dangerous and destructive shortcut that no athlete should ever take.

This can easily be interpreted to mean that he took these substances prior to their being banned.

Please.

He's likely referring to amphetamines etc. I am at a loss for all the crap Bonds gets in this forum and yet we have subliminal messages from Yankee players that makes it all ok.

We're not playing a Beatles album backwards here. Roger got caught and only talks tough because Mitchell has no subpeona authority.

so then, again I ask you Roger, exactly when will you be suing Mr. Mitchell for "defamation of character"?

that's what we thought....shut up and retire already.

I was thinking the same thing about the report and a lot of players in it Toon but Mitchell covered his ass with the wording. Things like "our source said he saw Clemens with" or "possess" HGH. I don't think he ever says he knows for a fact that Clemens took them. Basically used the same method as a BS journalist for the enquirer or the post. It's all about what it seems somebody could have done based on information given by somebody else. The only person Clemens might be able to sue is the clubhouse boy in which case he'll get no money and could just come out looking like a bigger a-hole in the public eye. Again, same goes for all named in the report.

so then, again I ask you Roger, exactly when will you be suing Mr. Mitchell for "defamation of character"?

that's what we thought....shut up and retire already.

this is ALWAYS, I repeat ALWAYS the true barometer if someone was truly wronged..

When they deny and never go to court to sue then 99% of time, they are guilty and just doing damage control. In other cases, movie stars, aka, National Enquirer, they sue and win many times for slander..

Archived