Coles Goes on IR

Smizzy

Leon is nothing more than a good chncge of pace back whereas Thomas Jones just looks like a washed up POS. He has no explosiveness at all, even when holes do for he tends to miss them. He will be 30 next year so at best he will have 2 decent years left in him. IMO th RB position needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Get McFadden!!!

Thomas Jones is no different this year than he has ever been. He has not lost a step & has never hit the hole (hence the 'Dancing Bear' tag from our Chicago guests who frequent JN). If it was 2 years ago and he was running behind this Jets OL with this coaching staff, I would expect exactly the same #'s out of him.

If the Jets draft McFadden, it is perfectly obvious that:

1) They dismiss just how great of an impact the OL has on RB production; they think if you bring in a RB with a name he will magically get 100-yd games.

2) They did not watch game film of the guy other than maybe the SB and the Jets game from the prior season. And after NOT paying this due diligence to Jones-film, we gave up a day-one draft pick for the guy before giving him a $12M signing bonus. Drafting of his successor 1 year into his contract is an admission that they screwed this up royally.

3) They do not understand the idea of complementary RB's. There is not now, nor will there be next season, a powerful RB who can be relied upon to push the pile in short-yardage/goal-line situations.

Thomas Jones is no different this year than he has ever been. He has not lost a step & has never hit the hole (hence the 'Dancing Bear' tag from our Chicago guests who frequent JN). If it was 2 years ago and he was running behind this Jets OL with this coaching staff, I would expect exactly the same #'s out of him.

If the Jets draft McFadden, it is perfectly obvious that:

1) They dismiss just how great of an impact the OL has on RB production; they think if you bring in a RB with a name he will magically get 100-yd games.

2) They did not watch game film of the guy other than maybe the SB and the Jets game from the prior season. And after NOT paying this due diligence to Jones-film, we gave up a day-one draft pick for the guy before giving him a $12M signing bonus. Drafting of his successor 1 year into his contract is an admission that they screwed this up royally.

3) They do not understand the idea of complementary RB's. There is not now, nor will there be next season, a powerful RB who can be relied upon to push the pile in short-yardage/goal-line situations.

I choose #3 SE...this team doesn't understand the concept of a FB running in front of the HB to open up holes-the Jets haven't used one since Ritchie Anderson used to do it for Curtis in his later years

Clearly you are not fond of Thomas Jones and want your boy DMC but I think your criticism is bit off. TJ has been running tough and physical but has had no where to go.. In terms of needs on this team...O Line and D Line have to take priority.

100% correct.

You win games and championships by building strong foundations in the trenches. Darren McFadden isn't going to make this offense any better if we drag out the same sorry Offensive Line next season. Nobody could run for 4 yards a carry behind this line. Jones is still just 37 yards short of 1,000 for the season. TJ has not been the problem.

we gave up a day-one draft pick for the guy before giving him a $12M signing bonus.

They didn't give up a day one pick for him completely. They swapped position and moved down 27 spots but they still had the same # of day one picks.

Graham is a good punter. Did you see the great punt he had in the 4th qtr last week? If Mcdroppins made a play you guys would have had the Pats pinned inside the 5.

2 punters on the active roster? I think Grahem will be deactivated this week, he was limping after the blocked punt, maybe he got hurt?

Leon is nothing more than a good chncge of pace back whereas Thomas Jones just looks like a washed up POS. He has no explosiveness at all, even when holes do for he tends to miss them. He will be 30 next year so at best he will have 2 decent years left in him. IMO th RB position needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Get McFadden!!!

IJ I don't know what your love affair with McFadden is, it's a pipe dream. Money wise it isn't going to happen. and Mcfadden has bust written all over him. Show me a highlight where he breaks tackles. All i see is speed through a hole you could drive a dump truck through! I listen to the Barber shop with Tiki and Ronde, Tiki says when he hurt hsi patella it actually made him a better runner. Because it slowed hm down, gave him patience for the holes to open and vision down field, Speed is not everything.

They didn't give up a day one pick for him completely. They swapped position and moved down 27 spots but they still had the same # of day one picks.

They gave up the value of roughly the 8th pick in round 3. If you think that has no value, guess again. Because in order to move back up into a position to grab Harris, we had to trade away multiple picks.

We most definitely did give up a day one pick. If we dropped from #3 overall to #70 overall for a player & ended up with the same gross # of picks, then that would also constitute giving up picks.

Moving down those 27 spots had value: the value of a day-one pick.

Archived