Seriously aside from the Cardinals, could any NL team even..

Matt39

Compete in the Al?

Read that in SI recently. A scout said the only team from the National league that would be succesful playing the Al would be St. Louis.

In all honestly, I agree.

Hitting wise, its not even close.

Tampa would be a decent team playing in the NL.

The NL is a complete joke. Drays are better than the Mets, imho.

St.Louis would be competitive in the AL, but they'd have no shot at having the best record. That pitching staff is just not great enough to really be a great team in the AL.

Like I always said, the NL is the lolly pop suckers league.

You guys are too much.

How is it that two of the last four WS Champions were NL teams who by the way knocked off team payroll to win their rings?

The minute team checkbook's season looks lost you guys not only quit on the season and your team but also make the AL out to be mission impossible.

The Cards-Padres-Braves-Marlins-Cubs would all be contenders in the AL.

You guys are too much.

How is it that two of the last four WS Champions were NL teams who by the way knocked off team payroll to win their rings?

The minute team checkbook's season looks lost you guys not only quit on the season and your team but also make the AL out to be mission impossible.

The Cards-Padres-Braves-Marlins-Cubs would all be contenders in the AL.

Two of the last 4 champions might be correct. But in the past 2 years the entire leagues have changed. After the 2003 season, when alot of great NL players switched over to the AL, thats when the leagues have become really really lopsided in favor of the AL.

NL hasn't won an all-star game in a looooooong time.

And the All Star game counts for so much. It's a snap shot. The game means nothing, no matter what is attached to it. The leagues are equal. No more, no less. The NL East is a damn good division. The AL Central is a damn good division. The AL East and the NL Central are comparable. As are the two West divisions.

Shoot, even the Mess are in it in the NL for the wildcard

The Mess, yes the same Mess that are synonomous with The Royals

The Royals would contend in the NL

Pathetic

Now you're just being ignorant. I know the Royals wiped the floor with you,the Mets took two of three and let's not forget the DRays and Milwaukee debacles so not sure where that would put the Yanks in the weak NL per your opinion.

Shoot, even the Mess are in it in the NL for the wildcard

The Mess, yes the same Mess that are synonomous with The Royals

The Royals would contend in the NL

Pathetic

The Mets made your Yankees their bitch in their own house last time the 2 teams faced. Remember?

Compete in the Al?

Read that in SI recently. A scout said the only team from the National league that would be succesful playing the Al would be St. Louis.

In all honestly, I agree.

Hitting wise, its not even close.

Tampa would be a decent team playing in the NL.

the NL is a different style game. if you make the pitchers hit, than how many teams in the AL could compete in the NL w/o the DH? the game is really different - using the bullpen, sacrifice bunts, pitchers hitting - totally different strategy.

my guess is that the nationals would do pretty well in the AL - RFK is suited to their style game and they don't beat themselves. how many games this year have the yankees thrown away by leaving men on base, making mental errors, or not executing fundamental baseball - with a $200M payroll no less.

Archived