David Harris

DMaynard

and speaking of cornerbacks-I missed this one...from JC

01:29PM - Jets Bring In Former First Round Cornerback

Saturday, December 29th, 2007 by Gary Grund

The Jets brought in former Packers first-round draft pick, cornerback Ahmad Carroll. If the Jets seem interested, he will likely receive a reserve/futures deal.

Carroll, 24, was drafted 25th overall in the 2004 draft by the Packers and played three seasons with them. In 34 games, Carroll made 95 tackles, had 3 interceptions, 3 sacks and 21 passes defended. A big part to his problem in the NFL was the fact that he was averaging just under one penalty per game in his career. 26 of his penalties were for coverage violations such as pass interference, illegal contact, and holding.

He was released by the Packers not long after being burnt for two touchdowns by Philadelphia wide receiver Greg Lewis. As a restricted free agent, Carroll signed on with the Jaguars in October of 2006. Seven months later, Carroll was arrested around 3 a.m. on drug and gun charges. Two days later, he was waived by the Jaguars.

More good bad news. Maybe we can expect some decent ballplayers on the team without them volunteering at a soup kitchen. Unless it's part of the terms of their probation.

and speaking of cornerbacks-I missed this one...from JC

01:29PM - Jets Bring In Former First Round Cornerback

Saturday, December 29th, 2007 by Gary Grund

The Jets brought in former Packers first-round draft pick, cornerback Ahmad Carroll. If the Jets seem interested, he will likely receive a reserve/futures deal.

Carroll, 24, was drafted 25th overall in the 2004 draft by the Packers and played three seasons with them. In 34 games, Carroll made 95 tackles, had 3 interceptions, 3 sacks and 21 passes defended. A big part to his problem in the NFL was the fact that he was averaging just under one penalty per game in his career. 26 of his penalties were for coverage violations such as pass interference, illegal contact, and holding.

He was released by the Packers not long after being burnt for two touchdowns by Philadelphia wide receiver Greg Lewis. As a restricted free agent, Carroll signed on with the Jaguars in October of 2006. Seven months later, Carroll was arrested around 3 a.m. on drug and gun charges. Two days later, he was waived by the Jaguars.

He is TERRIBLE. Not even close to the answer. Get Nnamdi Asomghua from the Raiders. Perfect compliment to Revis and looks to be about as close to two shutdown corners as you can get.

More good bad news. Maybe we can expect some decent ballplayers on the team without them volunteering at a soup kitchen. Unless it's part of the terms of their probation.

well Dom the good news as I see it is maybe they're relaxing that "good character" thing-as I said before get me 55 convicts that want to win and hurt people over the Choirboy thing anyday-i mean look at Wilfat-he poked a guy right in the friggin eye on national television

oh, OK...uh...nevermind

:cool:

He was one of the most dissapointing picks in recent memory for Packer fans. They really thought they had replaced McKenzie with him, but he couldn't even play in the slot. Then they had to spend big money on Woodson, which could have been spent elsewhere. Woodson has obviously worked out, but it always sucks wasting a first rounder.

To add to what Drago had to say about Carroll I got to watch this kid alot, he has one talent: Multiple Pass Interference per game. he was constantly making contact with receivers he really didn't have to. Add to that attitude problems up the ass and you have a player that NEEDS to be avoided.

Archived