David Harris

DMaynard

Had 5 sacks in a half season as starter as an inside LB. Almost single handedly dramatically improved what was a horrendous run defense.

A second round pick.

Whoever on the Jets staff was the most vocal about drafting this guy - I'd pay a lot of attention to his future advice.

Had 5 sacks in a half season as starter as an inside LB. Almost single handedly dramatically improved what was a horrendous run defense.

A second round pick.

Whoever on the Jets staff was the most vocal about drafting this guy - I'd pay a lot of attention to his future advice.

They must have loved him because they traded (i think) three picks to get him.

A second round pick.

Jim Hermann the Linebackers coach was with Harris at Michigan.

Harris = Beast

Half a season and has over 100 tackles and 5sacks thats insane

most LB's would need a whole season to get those stats, The kid is a Brick wall,when the

ball gets near him .......Plays Over period....what a great pick for us, Vilma who???

Can you imagine if they ever find a real NT to play in front of him. That and a full season. 300 tackles??? :P

Did you see the sack where Croyle was scrambling. Harris ran so fast to get that sack. Sick!

Plus, Harris is a sure tackler (like the Patriot LBs). He doesnt over-pursue like Barton.

Same for Revis. Too bad we only have two of these guys :(

it's good too for the vilma trade, since it isn't an absolute need that we find a replacement. IMO, this should raise Vilma's trade value a bit. I saw sperm say in another thread about us landing James L from OSU. If we do get him, our weakness (run d) is officially our strength, regardless of the NT position.

it's good too for the vilma trade, since it isn't an absolute need that we find a replacement. IMO, this should raise Vilma's trade value a bit. I saw sperm say in another thread about us landing James L from OSU. If we do get him, our weakness (run d) is officially our strength, regardless of the NT position.

Agreed, Laurinaitis would be a brilliant addition. He is an absolute stud.

Agreed, Laurinaitis would be a brilliant addition. He is an absolute stud.
These two together would be a lights out LBing Core for years imo,But I still feel we need alot of help on Offense maybe a deep threat WR,RB or even a TE.....everyone knows the O-Line needs the most help but those Big guys can be had in the Latter rounds,We need more playmakers like Harris but on the O as well.

We'd still need a CB: Barrett + Poteat = :eek:

having good linebackers would help out the CB's, with that said, we need to replace those two. I'd feel more confident with Miller since he can play tight and not get beat for the big play.

As for the offense, getting a good LG, and drafting a second round RT should take care of our line. At least stop it from being the worst in the NFL. It would be great to further help the offense, but we are so far away, we may as well play very well on one side of the ball, and hope that KC can make the necessary strides.

One of those strides being; never having to see Adrian Clarke or Anthony Clement protecting him again.

That would be sick IMO ,will it happen ?? don't know ,but it could ,we have the cap money to get a suggs here.Maybe to good to be true but it would make us a top 10 defense thats for sure.

The issue with Suggs is not money but the fact that BAL can franchise him. But I dont think BAL will franchise him because they might prefer to balance their resources more towards offense. Anyway, I dont see the Jets trading for him unless they get good returns - ie, first day picks - for Penny, Coles and/or Vilma that then get flipped to BAL.

I like it. Then maybe B Thomas awakes from his coma and we have our own fearsome foursome.

The BT Express clearly has lost a step this year DM-I don't forsee any kind of Comeback Player Of The Year-start Bowens-who was another big reason the defense got better after the bye

We'd still need a CB: Barrett + Poteat = :eek:

I still have hope for Drew Coleman-man him and Eric Smith played good games yesterday-did Eric Smith take Elam's starting spot yesterday? What is going to happen to Justin Miller? I mean he's such a one-dimensional player (KOR guy-that's IT)

The BT Express clearly has lost a step this year DM-I don't forsee any kind of Comeback Player Of The Year-start Bowens-who was another big reason the defense got better after the bye

I know, and I don't get it. He is still relatively young and I don't think he has ever been injured. I guess he just got lazy with that fat contract.

I know, and I don't get it. He is still relatively young and I don't think he has ever been injured. I guess he just got lazy with that fat contract.

I always liked and roooted for Bryan Thomas-ever since we drafted him-all the times he would have top fill in for Abraham whenever he had his period-he NEVER got hurt-never complained and when he finally started producing I couldn't have been happier-but he isn't the same player as he was a year ago-he needs to NOT be the starter-I'm tellin' ya Bowens is good

and speaking of cornerbacks-I missed this one...from JC

01:29PM - Jets Bring In Former First Round Cornerback

Saturday, December 29th, 2007 by Gary Grund

The Jets brought in former Packers first-round draft pick, cornerback Ahmad Carroll. If the Jets seem interested, he will likely receive a reserve/futures deal.

Carroll, 24, was drafted 25th overall in the 2004 draft by the Packers and played three seasons with them. In 34 games, Carroll made 95 tackles, had 3 interceptions, 3 sacks and 21 passes defended. A big part to his problem in the NFL was the fact that he was averaging just under one penalty per game in his career. 26 of his penalties were for coverage violations such as pass interference, illegal contact, and holding.

He was released by the Packers not long after being burnt for two touchdowns by Philadelphia wide receiver Greg Lewis. As a restricted free agent, Carroll signed on with the Jaguars in October of 2006. Seven months later, Carroll was arrested around 3 a.m. on drug and gun charges. Two days later, he was waived by the Jaguars.

and speaking of cornerbacks-I missed this one...from JC

01:29PM - Jets Bring In Former First Round Cornerback

Saturday, December 29th, 2007 by Gary Grund

The Jets brought in former Packers first-round draft pick, cornerback Ahmad Carroll. If the Jets seem interested, he will likely receive a reserve/futures deal.

Carroll, 24, was drafted 25th overall in the 2004 draft by the Packers and played three seasons with them. In 34 games, Carroll made 95 tackles, had 3 interceptions, 3 sacks and 21 passes defended. A big part to his problem in the NFL was the fact that he was averaging just under one penalty per game in his career. 26 of his penalties were for coverage violations such as pass interference, illegal contact, and holding.

He was released by the Packers not long after being burnt for two touchdowns by Philadelphia wide receiver Greg Lewis. As a restricted free agent, Carroll signed on with the Jaguars in October of 2006. Seven months later, Carroll was arrested around 3 a.m. on drug and gun charges. Two days later, he was waived by the Jaguars.

Oh GOD NO!!!!

He is absolutely terrible. He got roasted time and time again playing for Green Bay

I wonder if Bowens is the reason they flip-flopped Thomas to the other side. It seems that the pass rush progression would go Bowens, Thomas, then Hobson. They may have been waiting for Bowens to take the job and prefer that he pressed Hobson.

I don't think that Thomas got lazy. He never played with any urgency, even when he was having his "good" season. IMO he is typical of a player that had a decent season and fans go overboard thinking he's real good.

Archived