Why do I have this feeling

4HCrew

It's almost sad to say this, but I almost envy the Browns' QB situation. Two young studs, one coming off of a revelation season and the other a highly touted prospect that came in when the other was hurt for a few series and showed great potential.

You cannot justify keeping Chad around as a back-up. Not at the price tag. Sink or swim in 2009 with Kellen and see what you have. This team is not going to become somehow great overnight but if we could somehow manage to improve next year, that would be good enough for me. Of course being a Jets fan, good enough is too much a commonality.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I have that feeling too. I don't think Clemens will ever be ready"

There ya go, now this statement is more accurate.

Agreed & the reason we didn't get him earlier this year is because Mangini realised his & Tannenbaum's mistake in Drafting him!

Hell, we would have been better off with Brad Smith as #2 & starter!

So, with the NFL draft light in Qb's, we will have no choice but to take a 2nd or 3rd rounder to get a QB & keep one of these two.

• If we keep Pennington, we get stuck with over $4 million in Salary Cap
  • If we keep Clements, we get stuck with another 4-12 season!

We can expect that a Trade Deal for pick comes Pennington's way & that the Jets go after a veteran QB to fill in the blanks next season...

Agreed & the reason we didn't get him earlier this year is because Mangini realised his & Tannenbaum's mistake in Drafting him!

Hell, we would have been better off with Brad Smith as #2 & starter!

So, with the NFL draft light in Qb's, we will have no choice but to take a 2nd or 3rd rounder to get a QB & keep one of these two.

• If we keep Pennington, we get stuck with over $4 million in Salary Cap
  • If we keep Clements, we get stuck with another 4-12 season!

We can expect that a Trade Deal for pick comes Pennington's way & that the Jets go after a veteran QB to fill in the blanks next season...

First of all, it's Clemens.

Thirdly, i like green, but damn.

C, Chris long is not a defensive back.

and lastly, we don't have the forth pick.

That Chad Pennington is going to beat out Kellen again for the starting job in 2008? If he is on the roster which looks like he will be, will Kellen even be given the chance? and if I hear one more time how Kellen will improve his nutrition in the offseason..does that help you read defenses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtf:

because tyson, Chad sucks less then Clemens...

we better draft a QB somewhere this year...not necessarily our 1st pick but we need improvement at that psoition drasticly

Sorry, but with that Sig it's kind of tough to take any of your posts seriously.:confused0058:

So far after tonights game your signature doesn't look too impressive either... Ohio State's defense looked awful.

But the problem with keeping Chad around as a backup is that this team will never move forward. If KC stinks the first 5 games next year, Chad might be brought in. I like Chad, but at this point, his style of play just won't win games in NY or with this Jets team. Yeah he might get the team barely into the playoffs, but that's not really improving.

The other problem is if Chad is still around, it means this staff doesn't have that much faith in KC. Romo only started like 9 games last season and had that horrible finish in the wildcard game. Some people wondered whether or not he could recover. New coaches came in and low and behold, they didn't keep Bledsoe around in case Romo didn't recover. They did bring in the aging Brad Johnson, but he isn't getting paid top dollars like Chad. Brad Johnson has a 3 year 7 million dollar deal. Chad is a 64 million dollar QB. 64 million bucks is a lot of money just to be a backup for a team who sure hasn't signed many free agents over the past few seasons.

To me, keeping Chad around just means this regime has no faith in KC and if that's the case, then they should just draft somebody this season. Otherwise, why hope KC is good if you don't think he is to begin with. Hoping he is good next year is nice, but hoping might also mean you do nothing in the interim while the team suffers for a long time.

Who wants to be like the Dolphins, Raiders, Lions, and Falcons. All teams who have had QB issues.

PJAM I think you hit something like have others have said. The fact the Jets keep Chad around could be because they see things in KC they do not like. And being they wasted a high pick on him trying to figure out a plan. I just think Chad is a safety blanket and at some point that needs to be taken away.

Archived