Just Landed Home Run Derby Tickets!!

The Gun Of Bavaria

Don't tell Mavrik, he'll kill me, but I'm going to the HR Derby Monday with my brother in law.

Oh did I mention that we have passes to the Budweiser Hospitality Tent to eat and drink free for 4 hrs before the game??? =D>=D>

I'll need the booze since Comerica Park is the size of Yellowstone and the HRD champion will probably win with 5 HR.

Don't tell Mavrik, he'll kill me, but I'm going to the HR Derby Monday with my brother in law.

Oh did I mention that we have passes to the Budweiser Hospitality Tent to eat and drink free for 4 hrs before the game??? =D>=D>

I'll need the booze since Comerica Park is the size of Yellowstone and the HRD champion will probably win with 5 HR.

Consider yourself disowned

The HR derby is fun, for sure. I was at the 1996 derby in Philadelphia (awful park for a game, but it doesn't really matter for a HR derby). I forget who won, but I do remember the Philly fans booing Joe Carter, and that Henry Rodriguez was in it, and people were giving out "Oh Henry!" bars beforehand. They clearly wanted drunken fans to throw them on the field, I guess.

I was watching the HR Derby at the Hall of Fame game in Cooperstown a few weeks ago.

Johnny Damon failed to hit the first five or so pitches out of the park, and a Red Sox fan near me yelled, "Let Foulke pitch!"

That was pretty funny.

Archived