NEW STADIUM

K-Rhodes25

Just curious - have you guys heard what ticket & PSL prices are going to be?

I'm a Texans fan here & think it sucks that our ticket prices are going up after finally hiting .500, but I'd hate to be in little 'd' - check this out:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ordine/blog/2007/11/cowboys_dont_want_your_firstbo.html

I figure your stadium would be in the 10 figure range, but wonder if your (& the Giants) owner has a plastic surgery habit to finance, as well.

What are your thoughts?

ughh the pain of sharing a stadium.. Is it gonna be called Giants Stadium again? cuz the Giants Fans saying "Its our stadium you guys play at Giants Stadium" is getting old

It is not going to be called Giant stadium!- the naming rights will go up for bid-some corp will own the rights.

It is not going to be called Giant stadium!- the naming rights will go up for bid-some corp will own the rights.

Don`t kid yourself Its been called that for 30 years reporters ,Giant & football fans other then JET fans will always refer to it to Giant stadium ,especially when the Giants take one of those old Giant stadium signs & place it over the entrance to the new on site Giant front office or on site training facility ...(That personally I think they should be selling chances at $20 a piece ,with money going towrds lowering the fans PSL COST, to press the button that blows the old stadium & giant signs up)

Don`t kid yourself Its been called that for 30 years reporters ,Giant & football fans other then JET fans will always refer to it to Giant stadium ,especially when the Giants take one of those old Giant stadium signs & place it over the entrance to the new on site Giant front office or on site training facility ...(That personally I think they should be selling chances at $20 a piece ,with money going towrds lowering the fans PSL COST, to press the button that blows the old stadium & giant signs up)

Jet Blue Airlines would be the perfect corporate sponsor. That has been discussed here before.

Will I call Citi Field, Shea Stadium, when it is built? Of course not. Just like I don't call Lincoln Financial Field or Cittizens Bank Park, the Vet.

Giants stadium is a thing othe past, soon.

Jet Blue Airlines would be the perfect corporate sponsor. That has been discussed here before.

Will I call Citi Field, Shea Stadium, when it is built? Of course not. Just like I don't call Lincoln Financial Field or Cittizens Bank Park, the Vet.

Giants stadium is a thing othe past, soon.

Yes, Jetblue has been discussed here before, but there flts. give you so few options they will probably be bankrupt before the stadium opens ,jolly GREEN-GIANT corn has been discussed also, but IMHO the only way I see people other then JET fans still not refering to it as Giant stadium after the new stadium opens is if some very rich person who lost alot of workers or family members paid to have the stadium called 9-11 Memorial Stadium ,then it would have such an emotional tie to the name then it would be an insult to their memories to refer to it by its old Giant stadium name

Yes, Jetblue has been discussed here before, but there flts. give you so few options they will probably be bankrupt before the stadium opens ,jolly GREEN-GIANT corn has been discussed also, but IMHO the only way I see people other then JET fans still not refering to it as Giant stadium after the new stadium opens is if some very rich person who lost alot of workers or family members paid to have the stadium called 9-11 Memorial Stadium ,then it would have such an emotional tie to the name then it would be an insult to their memories to refer to it by its old Giant stadium name

I have lived in a few cities that changed staduims, and of course changed names, and no one refers to the new stadium by the old name. It makes no sense to.

If you are marriued, get divorced, and get re-married, do you call your new wife by the name of your old wife, just because that is what the norm was?

Of course not. New Stadium, none of the baggage gets carried over. New memories to be made.

I have lived in a few cities that changed staduims, and of course changed names, and no one refers to the new stadium by the old name. It makes no sense to.

If you are marriued, get divorced, and get re-married, do you call your new wife by the name of your old wife, just because that is what the norm was?

Of course not. New Stadium, none of the baggage gets carried over. New memories to be made.

That is until the Jets go 4 and 12 in the new stadium. Then it is more of the same.

:shutit:

OK Scott, & how many of those other citi`s that you lived in that changed the name of their stadium ,shared it with another team of the same sport & was actually named for that other teams name ,you know all the Giant people fans, sponsers, tv, & radio sports people ,yea then they will say, oh yea I forgot it`s now called ------- I`m just used to calling it Giants stadium for the last 40 years as they get that extra little dig in there...

OK Scott, & how many of those other citi`s that you lived in that changed the name of their stadium ,shared it with another team of the same sport & was actually named for that other teams name ,you know all the Giant people fans, sponsers, tv, & radio sports people ,yea then they will say, oh yea I forgot it`s now called ------- I`m just used to calling it Giants stadium for the last 40 years as they get that extra little dig in there...

Does it really bother you that some Giant fans (probably a minority), may actually still refer to it as Giants Stadium? The media WON'T. Trust me on that. There are billions of reasons why they won't.

The Mets and the Yankees shared Shea Stadium for one summer while Yankee was being refurbished in the mid 70's.

No one that I am aware of started calling Yankee Stadium "Shea" or vice versa.

Sticks and stones...... but names will never hurt you.

I can't believe you are actually trying to argue this. I think the $400 million dollar contract and the huge name on the side of the stadium will remind everyone whatever the name is. PPL will still just call is the Meadowlands a lot as well.

Does it really bother you that some Giant fans (probably a minority), may actually still refer to it as Giants Stadium? The media WON'T. Trust me on that. There are billions of reasons why they won't.

The Mets and the Yankees shared Shea Stadium for one summer while Yankee was being refurbished in the mid 70's.

No one that I am aware of started calling Yankee Stadium "Shea" or vice versa.

Sticks and stones...... but names will never hurt you.

Fine your comparing 40 years of the stadium ALREADY named for the oposition (Giants stadium ) to a stadium that the yankees used for 1 season which they probably couldn`t wait to get out of .And as I said before I`ll bet they will take 1 of those two BIG GIANTS signs on top of the Stadium & build it into the training facility or THEIR CORP. OFFICES ON SITE AS A CONSTANT REMINDER that thats what the place was called

Fine your comparing 40 years of the stadium ALREADY named for the oposition (Giants stadium ) to a stadium that the yankees used for 1 season which they probably couldn`t wait to get out of .And as I said before I`ll bet they will take 1 of those two BIG GIANTS signs on top of the Stadium & build it into the training facility or THEIR CORP. OFFICES ON SITE AS A CONSTANT REMINDER that thats what the place was called

I guess you are one of those people that care what the Giants do. I do not.

The Giants can take the stadium name and put on a rest stop on I-95. It will not affect me one way or another.

I am one of those dreamers who believes that the name on the stadium, and what it is referred to has ZERO effect as to the personnel decisions and play by teh team. Call me crazy.

I do have some dirt from Shea Stadium though. I would gladly sprinkle some of that around the new grounds and we can call Chez Shea. That will teach those Giant Stadium bastards ;)

I guess you are one of those people that care what the Giants do. I do not.

The Giants can take the stadium name and put on a rest stop on I-95. It will not affect me one way or another.

I am one of those dreamers who believes that the name on the stadium, and what it is referred to has ZERO effect as to the personnel decisions and play by teh team. Call me crazy.

I do have some dirt from Shea Stadium though. I would gladly sprinkle some of that around the new grounds and we can call Chez Shea. That will teach those Giant Stadium bastards ;)

No I`m one of those people who are more upset AT WHAT WOODY didn`t do which was give us our own stadium & YOU CAN TALK ALL THE BS YOU WANT ABOUT HOW THIS WAS Dolan & Jay Cross` fault the bottom line was if Woody was willing to buy us our own stadium in NY ,but was just to lame to get it done in NY or Queens ,then he should have built his dream stadium right next to Giant stadium BUT STILL GIVIN US OUR OWN HOME.....& I am upset now cause I know we will get stuck paying this huge PSL and we`ll still be treated like 2nd class citisens even if we are tech. equal partners...

No I`m one of those people who are more upset AT WHAT WOODY didn`t do which was give us our own stadium & YOU CAN TALK ALL THE BS YOU WANT ABOUT HOW THIS WAS Dolan & Jay Cross` fault the bottom line was if Woody was willing to buy us our own stadium in NY ,but was just to lame to get it done in NY or Queens ,then he should have built his dream stadium right next to Giant stadium BUT STILL GIVIN US OUR OWN HOME.....& I am upset now cause I know we will get stuck paying this huge PSL and we`ll still be treated like 2nd class citisens even if we are tech. equal partners...

Yeah, but I am way over all of that.

At least we are fortunate to have a great forum like this where we can vent, and make ourselves feel tons better.

Thanks, Max!

Archived