Fassel to the Redskins

LionelRichie

i live in DC and this is being discussed as a done deal. i guess anything can happen, but the feeling is that he will be announced in the next day or two and he is currently in the process of putting a staff together. this is one of those no-win situations for fassel. if he doesn't deliver immediately it could be 1 and done for him. most of the players+fans wanted wiliams. i actually wonder if fassel is just keeping the seat warm for cowher, who says he won't come back until 09?

a couple of real high profile coordinators are about to become available in gregg williams and al saunders. i am actually real surprised that williams didn't get the gig. i wonder if gibbs had any input in that decision.

Greg Williams is a really good DC. His guys have always played hard and with aggression. Anyway, its irrelevant to the Jets since he's not a 3-4 guy. But he could be a candidate elsewhere where Rex Ryan might otherwise have been the choice.

Great move by the Skins.

Jim Fassel was a solid coach in New York and back after the 2005 season I was always hoping the Jets would bring him in and seriously consider him. Obviously, we didn't.

Here's to Fassel having great success in Washington and I for one am glad he's back as a Head Coach in the NFL.

Greg Williams getting passed over- must be something behind the scenes about that.

Greg Williams is a really good DC. His guys have always played hard and with aggression. Anyway, its irrelevant to the Jets since he's not a 3-4 guy. But he could be a candidate elsewhere where Rex Ryan might otherwise have been the choice.

I'm pretty sure they promised the HC gig to Williams when they signed him originally. I bet he bolts when he gets the chance.

Great move by the Skins.

Jim Fassel was a solid coach in New York and back after the 2005 season I was always hoping the Jets would bring him in and seriously consider him. Obviously, we didn't.

Here's to Fassel having great success in Washington and I for one am glad he's back as a Head Coach in the NFL.

LOL!!! HAHAHA only you 124. GREAT MOVE?? The guy completely lost his teams in NY thats why he got fired. he made a fluke run to the Superbowl only to go on to coaching the biggest give-away of a game in NFC history against the 49ers in the playoffs. oh and his offenses suck.

I wonder who will fall faster, them or Dallas.

Yes, because the collapse against the 49ers in the playoffs was all on Jim Fassel. :eek:

Jim Fassel got the most out of Kerry Collins. Yes, Kerry f'ing Collins.

Oh and people, please stop this Bill Cowher to the Skins crap. If Bill Cowher returns to coaching its going to be in Cleveland, Cincinnati or Carolina.

Great move by the Skins.

:lol:

:lol:

During Fassel's time as Giants head coach, his teams were known for numerous post-season runs in December and for winning big games, such as against the previously undefeated Denver Broncos in 1998. In 1997, he was named NFL coach of the year. He resurrected the career of quarterback Kerry Collins and received acclaim for his "playoff guarantee" in the 2000 season, during which he led the Giants to an improbable Super Bowl appearance.

However, his legacy as head coach for the Giants is mixed. Fassel's Giants were known for their disappointments against inferior teams in the regular season, as well as in the playoffs. The most notable loss was a shocking 39-38 loss to the San Francisco 49ers in the 2002 postseason, in which they blew a 38-14 third quarter lead. During the 2003 season, injuries decimated the Giants and he was fired amidst some controversy.

Record: 58-53-1

2 NFC East Titles

Yes the Giants lost games to teams they weren't supposed to, but has that changed under Tom Coughlin? No it has not. The Giants still, much like the Jets, lose at least a game or two a season to a team that they should easily beat.

Yes the Giants lost games to teams they weren't supposed to, but has that changed under Tom Coughlin? No it has not. The Giants still, much like the Jets, lose at least a game or two a season to a team that they should easily beat.

Jim Fassell was worse than Coughlin. do you remember the playoff game against the Vikings in 1997 when you were 9? :lol: complete and utter collapse and chaos on the sideline. an actual fight during the game between Garnes and Strahan. they collapsed in that game and he was just an all around horrible coach.

So you're going to take one game from 1997 and define a Head Coach? Nice. :lol:

Newsflash: Fights happen between teammates, on and off the field. Not all teammates and teams have to love each other and read Care Bear books on the road. Things happen. Sometimes, no matter what, people just do not get along with each other or sometimes, people just get over heated. 1997? That could've been Strahan's and Garnes' first playoff games where emotions are flying high.

So you're going to take one game from 1997 and define a Head Coach? Nice. :lol:

Newsflash: Fights happen between teammates, on and off the field. Not all teammates and teams have to love each other and read Care Bear books on the road. Things happen. Sometimes, no matter what, people just do not get along with each other or sometimes, people just get over heated. 1997? That could've been Strahan's and Garnes' first playoff games where emotions are flying high.

He collapsed against the 49ers too. that was already mentioned. the team had no discipline and he was an atrocious play caller. what exactly did you like about him?

Plus his favorite line every week would be.

reporter: ''coach, what kind of game do you expect this weekend?''

Fassel; (every week) ''I expect a tough/Physical game, because we're tough and we're physical''.

I used to laugh at that every week.

reporter: ''coach, what kind of game to you expect this weekend?''

Fassel; (every week) ''I expect a tough/Physical game, because we're tough and physical''.

I used to laugh at that every week.

Kind of like we laugh at the "Mangenious" and his knowledgeable press conferences? :eek:

Oh yeah, thats right, Tom Coughlin helped Tiki with his fumbling problems. He's an awesome, stand up coach. Definitely Hall of Fame material.

isn't it funny how Tiki became a 2000-yard-a-year machine when Coughlin came?

not Coughlin's fault he was a sissy boy

When you're going through puberty I don't expect you to remember as much as you do now, so that's understandable. :lol:

You know, I like you Jim, but the fact that you have to bring up the age card everytime I post and you disagree, its pretty annoying. Just thought I'd throw that one out there, old senial man.

You know, I like you Jim, but the fact that you have to bring up the age card everytime I post and you disagree, its pretty annoying. Just thought I'd throw that one out there, old senial man.

wow someone got his panties in a bunch this morning

Archived