Fassel to the Redskins

LionelRichie

You know, I like you Jim, but the fact that you have to bring up the age card everytime I post and you disagree, its pretty annoying. Just thought I'd throw that one out there, old senial man.

Joe, it's not meant to be anything personal. sometimes you're too sensitive about that ****. He hasn't coached in years, so how old you were is relevant if you think he's god.

Grow thicker skin, boy.

Joe, it's not meant to be anything personal. sometimes you're too sensitive about that ****. He hasn't coached in years, so how old you were is relevant if you think he's god.

Grow thicker skin, boy.

he was 5 when Fassel started and 12 or 13 when he got canned

Just because I was watching him coach between 9 and 15doesn't mean jack. Was I as knowledgeable about the game as I am now then? No, nobody is. However, in my opinion, he did a very good job with the Giants, better than Tom Coughlin has until this three game stretch.

Just because I was watching him coach between 9 and 15 doesn't mean jack. Was I as knowledgeable about the game as I am now then? No, nobody is. However, in my opinion, he did a very good job with the Giants, better than Tom Coughlin has until this three game stretch.

OK, we'll just have to agree to disagree. how's that? :)

Well, if we do what you say and let Fassel's work speak for itself he has a winning record as a head coach, three playoff appearances and a trip to the Super Bowl. Oh and he was Kerry Collins coach when he put up 41 points on the Vikings in the NFC Championship game.

Hey, hopefully for you Jason Campbell will never come back from his knee injury, that's the only way you will be able to gloat able Fassel being a horrible coach next season.

how did he do in the playoffs?

97 vikings came back in the 4th quarter

beat a weak Eagles team and a Vikings team that lost its last 3 games of the regular season

and then got SPANKED 34-7 in the superbowl, zero offensive TD's.

how did the Giants do against the 49ers in the playoffs?

how did they do following up the Superbowl run?

how did he do with Kerry Collins for the 3 years after the 41-0 game?

I kinda feel sorry (not really) for Gregg Williams who was "promised" the job but it now seems like he's the odd man out. He failed here in Buffalo but so did Beliprick in his 1st stint in Cleveland. It's funny now that they are saying Fassel getting the HC job is a done deal. Gregg Williams thought the same thing. :P

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/24/AR2008012402958.html

The Wash Post rips Snyder a new one for (possibly) destroying what Gibbs has put together. I think they're right on - that's typical Dan Snyder: If you didn't get deep enough in the playoffs last year it must be that you need to start again from scratch, overpay to bring in new faces, and yet again change the scheme on the players again next year. Snyder feels he can jerk Williams around because he's been paying him one of the top, if not the top, DC salaries in the league. Fassel's not a done deal, but I think it would be a mistake.

how did he do in the playoffs?

97 vikings came back in the 4th quarter

beat a weak Eagles team and a Vikings team that lost its last 3 games of the regular season

and then got SPANKED 34-7 in the superbowl, zero offensive TD's.

how did the Giants do against the 49ers in the playoffs?

how did they do following up the Superbowl run?

how did he do with Kerry Collins for the 3 years after the 41-0 game?

Did Jim Fassel beat you up as a kid or something? You minimize everything he did with the Giants and make him sound like he's Rich Kotite.

In '97 Fassel inherited a Giants team that simply was not a good team. Dave Brown was his quarterback for crying out loud. He took a team that went 6-10 the prior year and went 10-5-1 and made the playoffs. Yes his team lost but the fact that he got to the playoffs with Danny "The Scrub" Kanell as his QB is itself an accomplishment.

All your other rhetorical questions are the same bs. Just minimize everything he did and make it sound like a negative. Jim Fassel took a team to the Super Bowl but Oh he lost to the Ravens. Fassel went to the playoffs in '02 but Oh his team lost - because of a bad snap on a field goal that wasn't his fault by the way.

You just have a vendetta against the guy. He's not Vince Lombardi but he isn't Art Shell like you make him out to be either.

Archived