USA World Cup Baseball Team

Barton

This is my guess as to what the USA team will look like when the World Cup of Baseball will be played next spring (not crazy about it because more innings for our pitchers isn't good)

Anyways

USA Pitchers: Strength of the Team. Best staff in the world cup by far

Roger Clemens, Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Mark Prior, Dontrelle Willis, Beckett, Oswalt, Mussina, Sabathia, Hudson, Zito, Mulder, Rogers, Wagner, BJ Ryan, Joe Nathan, Buerhle, Roy Halladay, Jon Garland, Kerry Wood, AJ Burnett, Brad Lidge, Tom Gordon, Trevor Hoffman.

Catchers: Joe Mauer, Varitek, Lo Duca (maybe)

1st basemans/DH: Hafner, Teixiera

2nd baseman: Jeff Kent, Brian Roberts

Shortstops: Derek Jeter, Michael Young

3rd basemans: Scott Rolen, Hank Blalock, Wright (??)

Outfielders: Sheffield, Griffey, Carl Crawford, Johnny Damon, Jim Edmonds, Vernon Wells, Lance Berkman, Tori Hunter, Barry Bonds (maybe??).

Lineup (with DH)

Brian Roberts

Derek Jeter

Travis Hafner

Scott Rolen

Bonds

Sheffield

Teixeira

Varitek

Griffey

Obviously the USA team doesn't have the raw power of that DR team with Vlad, Ortiz, Manny and Tejada.

But the USA team has WAY better pitching than any other team, as well as more team speed and better backups.

USA USA USA

This is my guess as to what the USA team will look like when the World Cup of Baseball will be played next spring (not crazy about it because more innings for our pitchers isn't good)

Anyways

USA Pitchers: Strength of the Team. Best staff in the world cup by far

Roger Clemens, Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Mark Prior, Dontrelle Willis, Beckett, Oswalt, Mussina, Sabathia, Hudson, Zito, Mulder, Rogers, Wagner, BJ Ryan, Joe Nathan, Buerhle, Roy Halladay, Jon Garland, Kerry Wood, AJ Burnett, Brad Lidge, Tom Gordon, Trevor Hoffman.

Catchers: Joe Mauer, Varitek, Lo Duca (maybe)

1st basemans/DH: Hafner, Teixiera

2nd baseman: Jeff Kent, Brian Roberts

Shortstops: Derek Jeter, Michael Young

3rd basemans: Scott Rolen, Hank Blalock, Wright (??)

Outfielders: Sheffield, Griffey, Carl Crawford, Johnny Damon, Jim Edmonds, Vernon Wells, Lance Berkman, Tori Hunter, Barry Bonds (maybe??).

Lineup (with DH)

Brian Roberts

Derek Jeter

Travis Hafner

Scott Rolen

Bonds

Sheffield

Teixeira

Varitek

Griffey

Obviously the USA team doesn't have the raw power of that DR team with Vlad, Ortiz, Manny and Tejada.

But the USA team has WAY better pitching than any other team, as well as more team speed and better backups.

USA USA USA

Note-A-rod and Manny Ramirez are naturalized citizens. What team would they play for?

Where was Manny and Arod born?

I think Arod was born in NYC, so he should be playing for the USA Team, considering he was born here, can't speak good spanish, lived here all his life except for 3 or 4 years. It doesn't really matter. I'd rather not see Arod on the USA team, he's not that great of a hitter when the pressure is on, I'd rather have Hank Blalock.

Note-A-rod and Manny Ramirez are naturalized citizens. What team would they play for?

Where was Manny and Arod born?

I think Arod was born in NYC, so he should be playing for the USA Team, considering he was born here, can't speak good spanish, lived here all his life except for 3 or 4 years. It doesn't really matter. I'd rather not see Arod on the USA team, he's not that great of a hitter when the pressure is on, I'd rather have Hank Blalock.

I dunno-the Olympics has all kinds of crazy rules. Olajuwon could play for the US and Peter Nedved for Canada, but Bobby Holik couldn't play for the US. South Africans like Zola Budd regularly became Brits before apartheid ended.

A-rod was born in NY and grew up in Florida. He did spond some time in the DR.Ramirez was sworn in as a citizen last year.

I just don't see MLB and Japanese baseball liking the idea of their premier starters going 7 tough innings vs. serious lineups in March when they ususally are just getting wound up by throwing 45 pitches to some AA guys in Florida and Arizona.

I dunno-the Olympics has all kinds of crazy rules. Olajuwon could play for the US and Peter Nedved for Canada, but Bobby Holik couldn't play for the US. South Africans like Zola Budd regularly became Brits before apartheid ended.

A-rod was born in NY and grew up in Florida. He did spond some time in the DR.Ramirez was sworn in as a citizen last year.

I just don't see MLB and Japanese baseball liking the idea of their premier starters going 7 tough innings vs. serious lineups in March when they ususally are just getting wound up by throwing 45 pitches to some AA guys in Florida and Arizona.

I think, honestly, Team USA will take home the silver. The Dominican Republic will just be straight up nasty. Puerto Rico probably takes the bronze.

Whats dominican republics roster, more or less?

Not a chance they have the pitching the USA team has.

I think, honestly, Team USA will take home the silver. The Dominican Republic will just be straight up nasty. Puerto Rico probably takes the bronze.

Dominican Republic

Lineup

2B Alfonso Soriano

SS Miguel Tejada

1B Albert Pujols

DH David Ortiz

RF Vladimir Guerrero

CF ?

3B Aramis Ramirez

LF Jose Guillen

C Miguel Olivo

Dominican Republic

Lineup

2B Alfonso Soriano

SS Miguel Tejada

1B Albert Pujols

DH David Ortiz

RF Vladimir Guerrero

CF ?

3B Aramis Ramirez

LF Jose Guillen

C Miguel Olivo

Dominican Republic

Lineup

2B Alfonso Soriano

SS Miguel Tejada

1B Albert Pujols

DH David Ortiz

CF Vladimir Guerrero

RF Sammy Sosa

3B Aramis Ramirez

LF Jose Guillen

C Miguel Olivo

Thats not as good as the USA lineup AS A WHOLE, imho. That and the DR pitching staff??

USA should take home the gold if Clemens pitches.

Dominican Republic

Lineup

2B Alfonso Soriano

SS Miguel Tejada

1B Albert Pujols

DH David Ortiz

CF Vladimir Guerrero

RF Sammy Sosa

3B Aramis Ramirez

LF Jose Guillen

C Miguel Olivo

Thats not as good as the USA lineup AS A WHOLE, imho. That and the DR pitching staff??

USA should take home the gold if Clemens pitches.

A rod already said he would play for DR.....

That pisses me off, but he has pride in his hertitage

He said that?

WTF, the guy was BORN in america. Going to play against the USA now, thats just not very honorable, IMO.

Somehow I just knew Arod would do this, not surprised. :roll:

Archived