The Ball Was Juiced

The Gun Of Bavaria

In my 3 years of attending games at Comerica, I've NEVER, repeat, NEVER seen balls fly out of that park like they did tonight. Now I know they're getting meat balls thrown down the pipe but I find it hard to believe that a park that consistently sits in the bottom 5 of HRs allowed every year, that these guys would obliterate the records of highest round, highest overall total, and out baseballs into parts of the stadium that have never seen them before.

In my 3 years of attending games at Comerica, I've NEVER, repeat, NEVER seen balls fly out of that park like they did tonight. Now I know they're getting meat balls thrown down the pipe but I find it hard to believe that a park that consistently sits in the bottom 5 of HRs allowed every year, that these guys would obliterate the records of highest round, highest overall total, and out baseballs into parts of the stadium that have never seen them before.

You may be right, Guns, but it's okay so long as they used the same balls for everyone ... there is no pitcher to consider, so if it entertained the fans {and each player used the same balls} that's cool

BTW, that really was an entertaining HR Derby ... Congrats to your boy Pudge for making it to the finals ... but after that 24 Abreu popped in round one, I kinda felt he deserved to make that record stick by winning the competition

PS. You're right ... those balls had to be juiced ... they were FLYING out of the yard like lazer-beams

You may be right, Guns, but it's okay so long as they used the same balls for everyone ... there is no pitcher to consider, so if it entertained the fans {and each player used the same balls} that's cool

BTW, that really was an entertaining HR Derby ... Congrats to your boy Pudge for making it to the finals ... but after that 24 Abreu popped in round one, I kinda felt he deserved to make that record stick by winning the competition

PS. You're right ... those balls had to be juiced ... they were FLYING out of the yard like lazer-beams

BTW, that really was an entertaining HR Derby ... Congrats to your boy Pudge for making it to the finals ... but after that 24 Abreu popped in round one, I kinda of felt he deserved to make that record stick by winning the competition

Comerica was going crazy. We were all standing rooting Abreu on in the 1st round. It was an amazing feat. Honestly after the 24, no one cared until Pudge hit 8 in the 2nd to go to the last round.

BTW, that really was an entertaining HR Derby ... Congrats to your boy Pudge for making it to the finals ... but after that 24 Abreu popped in round one, I kinda of felt he deserved to make that record stick by winning the competition

Comerica was going crazy. We were all standing rooting Abreu on in the 1st round. It was an amazing feat. Honestly after the 24, no one cared until Pudge hit 8 in the 2nd to go to the last round.

I FORGOT THAT YOU WENT!!

Yeah I heard the crowd over the tube .. they went nuts when Abreu, well, went nuts .. that 24 was amazing :shock:

I FORGOT THAT YOU WENT!!

Yeah I heard the crowd over the tube .. they went nuts when Abreu, well, went nuts .. that 24 was amazing :shock:

I saw Abreu's homers. I've never, ever seen homers hit that far. I've never seen them hit up to the Pepsi porch. The furthest homer I've sene was hit by Chipper Jones, while I was in attendance... and it didn't even hit the left field wall (with the retired numbers on it). I hear that he actually hit it out of the stadium. That's insane! They don't even hit it that far during batting practice! I think Tram said he's seen it happen once... a ball hit to the upper deck, and that was during BP. Unbelievable.

Not that I really care if the ball was juiced for the derby but I'm convinecd they were. Not because of Abreus long bombs, but because of some of the shorter ones. MLB players know when they "got it" when they hit the ball out, on a couple of his last HRs Abreu actually dropped his head in disappointment a little bit thinking that he didn't get all of it and a couple of them flew out of the park...the other way on a couple of em.

Archived