Whats the earliest would draft a cb?

TNJet

i would think he'd be a good pick at number 6 if gholston, C long and ellis are gone. Otherwise i'd like to trade down into the 10 range and pick one of them.

You're right in one of them teaming with Revis...if he is BPA, they might surprise us and go with one of them.

Draft Daddy says the Jets are high on Antoine Cason.

I wouldnt mind taking him in the third, or if we get a later 2nd in a trade, but our first two picks should be areas of bigger need, the lines for one.

It all depends on FA i think, if we make some moves, get some starters, Im all for taking another young CB

i would think he'd be a good pick at number 6 if gholston, C long and ellis are gone. Otherwise i'd like to trade down into the 10 range and pick one of them.

You're right in one of them teaming with Revis...if he is BPA, they might surprise us and go with one of them.

Cromartie at 6???

That would be a big reach IMO.

If we do take a CB it will come via tade down.

Antoine Cason would be a great pickup in the 3rd, he doesn't have the elite timed speed everyone looks for, but he is a great playmaker. He is a football player and one of mayocks favorites as well. I've heard rumors he could make the transition to safety, but i think he could be a solid #2 cb, however i havn't given up faith in Justin Miller.

We might as well sign Samuels then!

If our only big name FA acquisition this offseason is Samuels, I may just take a year off rooting for this team.

Considering we already have a good young #1 CB in Revis, a great Safety in Rhodes, and nobody besides David Harris on the front 7, I really dont think we should be spending all this effort on a CB.

Fact is, with the pass rush we generate, no CB would be able to shut down any good WR.

If.....

We could sign

Samuals

Faneca

Flozzell Adams

Draft Gholsten and pick up a DT and or LB in the later rounds I'd be happy.

:rl::rl:

Samuels, Faneca, Adams...

Why not add Stallworth and Moss to that list and trade a 5th rder for Shaun Rogers and Vilma straight up for the Rams #2 overall pick?

Saying we could sign Samuels, Faneca, and Adams, three of the most highly coveted FA's in the league, that will either want a ton of money or to play for a contender, is just flat out delusional.

We're not going to be able to get all three. I'd settle for one of those three (either Faneca or Adams) and run for the hills and wait for the draft.

Never is your answer???

Where the Hell did he ask a question???:confused0058:

The thread is a question..

Btw..Assante Samuel is a stud... no doubt.. try and find all the weakness you can.. Hes only good in the pats system... things like that... Assante and Revis and Rhodes= the best secondary in footballl for years and years to come.. all young guys..

The thread is a question..

Btw..Assante Samuel is a stud... no doubt.. try and find all the weakness you can.. Hes only good in the pats system... things like that... Assante and Revis and Rhodes= the best secondary in footballl for years and years to come.. all young guys..

Yeah, we'd be the best secondary in the history of the NFL to get completely shat on by every offense in the league. Wow, really something to celebrate, huh?

No secondary player could look good with the pass rush and run stuffing abilities our front 7 showed last year. NOBODY.

Cromartie at 6???

That would be a big reach IMO.

Cromartie is a track guy (I have read). He is expected to do extremely well at the combine. If so he will fly up the draft boards. I bet he is a top 10 pick. He and McKelvin could be the first CBs taken, and one of them will go to the Saints (IMO).

:rl::rl:

Samuels, Faneca, Adams...

Why not add Stallworth and Moss to that list and trade a 5th rder for Shaun Rogers and Vilma straight up for the Rams #2 overall pick?

Saying we could sign Samuels, Faneca, and Adams, three of the most highly coveted FA's in the league, that will either want a ton of money or to play for a contender, is just flat out delusional.

We're not going to be able to get all three. I'd settle for one of those three (either Faneca or Adams) and run for the hills and wait for the draft.

That's why I started it with "If"

I like some of the top tyers this year. I really like the potential of Dominique Rogers -Cromartie from TN ST. 6-1 200 WITH 4.4 Speed...phew nice. Could be deadly teamed with Revis.

We seem to love all of the same players. I love Rodgers-Cromartie. Still there are some good CB's in this draft other than him too.

Archived