My 2nd and Final JETS Mock Offseason

gangreenman

Okay, figured this would be a good time to complete my last offseason mock, as the combine has just been completed and Free Agency signing period begins Friday.

So, here we go.

TRADES:

DT Dewayne Robertson

to DET for:

DT Shaun Rogers

LB Jon Vilma

to Jacksonville for:

LB Mike Peterson

4th Round Pick

Free Agent Acquisitions:

OG Alan Faneca (Steelers)

OT Maurice Williams (Jaguars)

LB Calvin Pace (Cardinals)

CB Randall Gay (Patriots)

Not Returning:

LB Eric Barton

WR Justin Mccareins

CB David Barrett

Draft:

Round 1: Vernon Gholsten (DE/OLB) Ohio St.

Round 2: James Hardy (WR) Indiana

Round 3: Frank Okam (DT) Texas

Round 4: Mike Mcglynn (OT) Pittsburgh

Round 4b: Kendall Langford (DE) Hampton

Round 5: Adam Kraus (OG) Michigan *Groom*

Round 6: Gary Barnidge (TE) Louisville

Round 7: Darnell Terrell (CB) Missouri *Groom*

2008 Roster:

OFFENSE

QB: Clemens/Pennington

RB: Jones/Washington

WR1: Coles

WR2: Cotchery

WR3: Hardy/Smith/Stuckey

LT: Ferguson

LG: Faneca

C: Mangold

RG: Moore

RT: Williams/Mcglynn

TE: Baker

DEFENSE:

RE: Colemen

LE: Ellis/Langford

NT: Rogers/Okam

OLB: B.Thomas/Gholsten

ILB: Harris

ILB: Peterson

OLB: Pace/Gholsten

CB1: Revis

CB2: Miller/Gay

FS: Rhodes

SS: Elam

---------------------

Note: / indicates training camp compettition

There are things anyone would change about any other person's mocks. Even still, I could live with this one no problem.

BTW, Okam came to the combine weighing in at 347 (20-25 lbs more than expected) and meausred 6'4" (1" less than expected). Mangini would no doubt sweat a little of that off him, but he's just a massive human. Good call backing up Rogers with him & not getting cute by hoping he'll last to round 4 (which he might, but you never know for sure).

If Millen is willing to give up Rogers for Robertson I'm all for it. Vilma deal to Jax works as well. Will Peterson hold up in the 3-4? Have not seen enough. I like Faneca and Williams to soldify the lines but would pass on Pace. Too much like Thomas (played great in contract year) plus you have us selecting Gholston whose bandwagon I'm quickly jumping on with the #6. Excellent value with Hardy in 2nd and Okam in 3rd. Would have preferred another OL in second or third but can't argue with the value you got in those rounds. Good post!

BTW, I like the McGlynn pick a lot. He's projected to move inside, despite starting 4 years at RT. He could be the real player to groom. I hear he plays nasty.

Also, Williams would be an incredible signing of the second-tier tackles.

From www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=63 :

"Williams has been a quality starter at right tackle but lost the starting job to Tony Pashos this fall. However, he did start at guard when Chris Naeole got injured, so he has position versatility going for him. Williams is an adequate athlete for a tackle with good knee bend and body control. He could show more tenacity and work harder to finish off blocks more consistently. A change of scenery could be beneficial."

Having him AND McGlynn gives us great flexibility to cover the line should anything happen. That would be four-starting quality OG's two of which could play RT.

If Millen is willing to give up Rogers for Robertson I'm all for it. Vilma deal to Jax works as well. Will Peterson hold up in the 3-4? Have not seen enough. I like Faneca and Williams to soldify the lines but would pass on Pace. Too much like Thomas (played great in contract year) plus you have us selecting Gholston whose bandwagon I'm quickly jumping on with the #6. Excellent value with Hardy in 2nd and Okam in 3rd. Would have preferred another OL in second or third but can't argue with the value you got in those rounds. Good post!

I like Pace. Just because Thomas disappeared the year after his contract year, doesnt mean that every player that plays well in a contract year will go back to nothing the next season you know.

I dont know how Peterson will do in the 3-4 either. But it cant be much worse then Vilma IMO.

I like Pace. Just because Thomas disappeared the year after his contract year, doesnt mean that every player that plays well in a contract year will go back to nothing the next season you know.

I dont know how Peterson will do in the 3-4 either. But it cant be much worse then Vilma IMO.

With Rogers/Okam in the middle even Vilma would be better than Vilma.

BTW, I like the McGlynn pick a lot. He's projected to move inside, despite starting 4 years at RT. He could be the real player to groom. I hear he plays nasty.

Also, Williams would be an incredible signing of the second-tier tackles.

From www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=63 :

"Williams has been a quality starter at right tackle but lost the starting job to Tony Pashos this fall. However, he did start at guard when Chris Naeole got injured, so he has position versatility going for him. Williams is an adequate athlete for a tackle with good knee bend and body control. He could show more tenacity and work harder to finish off blocks more consistently. A change of scenery could be beneficial."

Having him AND McGlynn gives us great flexibility to cover the line should anything happen. That would be four-starting quality OG's two of which could play RT.

He also might go in the 3rd round.

Then again there's the possibility that Okam will fall to the 4th... We'll see what happens with those two.

Archived