What would your all-time Jet team be?

PhinHater

Just curious. If you took the best Jet players, in their prime, over the last 20 years, who would your all-time Jet team consist of?

Just the last 20 years??? How about 25 to go back to 1983. Here goes...

QB- Ken O'Brien- In 1985 and most of 1986, find me a better QB in Jet history!

HB- Freeman McNeil- In his prime, better then martin when healthy

FB- Brad Baxter

WR- Al Toon- 2nd best WR in football (behind Rice) for 5 years

WR- Wesley Walker- His best years wre prior but from 85-88 he and Toon were unstioppable

TE- Mickey Shuler

C- Kevin mawea

OG- Dan Alexander and Randy Thomas

OT- Jumbo Elliott and Jason fabini

On D, since we wree a 3-4 team for most of the last 25, I use that set.

NT- Joe Klecko

DE- Shaun Ellis and Dennis Byrd (Sad that thats the best I can some up with!)

OLB- Mo Lewis and Jeff Lageman

ILB- Lance Mehl and Marvin Jones

CB- Aaron Glenn and James hasty

S- Erick McMillan and Kerry Rhodes

FB- Brad Baxter

WR- Wesley Walker- His best years wre prior but from 85-88 he and Toon were unstioppable

TE- Mickey Shuler

C- Kevin mawea

NT- Joe Klecko

Shaun Ellis???:shock:

FB- Brad Baxter

TE- Mickey Shuler

C- Kevin mawea

NT- Joe Klecko

Actually Toon set a record for most catches in his first 5 years that was broken by Andre Rison. Toon would have been one of the best ever had he not gotten injured. And I would have used a 4-3 because it would have been a better group.

Actually Toon set a record for most catches in his first 5 years that was broken by Andre Rison. Toon would have been one of the best ever had he not gotten injured. And I would have used a 4-3 because it would have been a better group.

QB- Ken O'Brien-

HB Curtis Martin- easily the best jet rc..and easil a future Jet HOFER (which is pretty scarce these days)

FB- Brad Baxter

WR- Al Toon- Ofcurse hence the name

WR- Wesley Walker-

TE- Mickey Shuler

C- Kevin mawea

QB- Ken O'Brien-

HB Curtis Martin- easily the best jet rc..and easil a future Jet HOFER (which is pretty scarce these days)

FB- Brad Baxter

WR- Al Toon- Ofcurse hence the name

WR- Wesley Walker-

TE- Mickey Shuler

C- Kevin mawea

Disagree. When healthy, McNeil was a much better player then Martin. Look at the career ypc average.

Shaun Ellis???:shock:

I know...sad huh? But from 83 to now, who else was there? Lyons? Hoestly I thoght he was very overrated. Gastineau? After 83 he really nly had 1 or 2 good years..but then again so did Klecko so I guess I should jave put him in there instead. Lageman? Not in a 3-4. Abraham? Again not as a 3-4 DE.

If we go to a 4-3 front, then my team would be...

DE- Abraham and Gastineau

DT- Klecko and Byrd

OLB- Lewis and Mehl

MLB- Jones

I know...sad huh? But from 83 to now, who else was there? Lyons? Hoestly I thoght he was very overrated. Gastineau? After 83 he really nly had 1 or 2 good years..but then again so did Klecko so I guess I should jave put him in there instead. Lageman? Not in a 3-4. Abraham? Again not as a 3-4 DE.

DT- Klecko and Byrd

OLB- Lewis and Mehl

MLB- Jones

Yeah I'd go 4-3 and add Abe over Ellis. Heck I'd take Coleman over Ellis in a 3-4.

To pu it simply, Ellis blows.

How come I haven't seen Boomer as a QB yet????? :)

In his "prime", whihc was short indeed, O'Brien was a deadly passer. Had we govne him a better OL (to combat his immobility), he wuld have broken every Jet record. Instead we gave him an undersized OL and he tooka beating and by 88 was not the same player. But between 84 and 86 his regualr stat line was like 22-32/300/3/1.

Boomer? Had a dcenet run in 93 but overall was done by the time we got him.

Chad? His 2002 was fantastic but since then...not so much.

Vinny? See Chad...just replace it with 1998.

In his "prime", whihc was short indeed, O'Brien was a deadly passer. Had we govne him a better OL (to combat his immobility), he wuld have broken every Jet record. Instead we gave him an undersized OL and he tooka beating and by 88 was not the same player. But between 84 and 86 his regualr stat line was like 22-32/300/3/1.

Boomer? Had a dcenet run in 93 but overall was done by the time we got him.

Chad? His 2002 was fantastic but since then...not so much.

Vinny? See Chad...just replace it with 1998.

Why no Gastineau?

Why no Gastineau?

I just ammended it to include Gastineau. I felt that gastineau really did very little in the 3-4 when we switched to it in 85 and he was a HUGE disappintment from 86-88 when he quit. BUT, that said he was probably better then either Byrd or Ellis so I out him in.

FB- Brad Baxter

TE- Mickey Shuler

C- Kevin mawea

NT- Joe Klecko

Where's Kevan Barlow?

You took Ellis and Byrd over Gastineau, Lageman, Hugh Douglas and John Abraham? DE would probably be the strongest position on the team.

of the guys you mentined, not ONE had any real success i a 3-4 as a DE exceot for gastineau (and that was only moderate) who I have relented and changed out for Ellis.

In a 4-3, your pont is well taken and I gave my 4-3 front also whihc included JA and Gastineau. But in a 3-4, NONE of those guys had any success at DE. But I guess I could put JA or Lageman at OLB in a 3-4 even though neither played ore then 1 year at the position. Douglas? Strictly a 4-3 DE...he was LOST in 1997 when Tuna went ot the 3-4.

DT- Klecko and Byrd

OLB- Lewis and Mehl

MLB- Jones

about time someone give Gastineau some credit... and what about Cherbet he gave his heart out for us and dam near died doing it...lol

and Joe Nameth has to be the QB.. he beat the "unstopable" colts gotta give him some credit

about time someone give Gastineau some credit... and what about Cherbet he gave his heart out for us and dam near died doing it...lol

and Joe Nameth has to be the QB.. he beat the "unstopable" colts gotta give him some credit

The time frame was 25 years...1983 to the present. namath retired in 77.

Chrebet? Nice player...not on the same level as Toon or Walker or even Keyshawn for that matter. I know its blasphemy to say that but its true.

Gastineau? After 1983, he had a terrific 84 (in a 4-3), a decent 85 (in a 3-4), a terrible 86 and 87 (in a 3-4) and then quit 5 games into 88.

The time frame was 25 years...1983 to the present. namath retired in 77.

Chrebet? Nice player...not on the same level as Toon or Walker or even Keyshawn for that matter. I know its blasphemy to say that but its true.

Gastineau? After 1983, he had a terrific 84 (in a 4-3), a decent 85 (in a 3-4), a terrible 86 and 87 (in a 3-4) and then quit 5 games into 88.

yea thats true.. Keyshawn was good until he wrote that horrible book..lol

of the guys you mentined, not ONE had any real success i a 3-4 as a DE exceot for gastineau (and that was only moderate) who I have relented and changed out for Ellis.

In a 4-3, your pont is well taken and I gave my 4-3 front also whihc included JA and Gastineau. But in a 3-4, NONE of those guys had any success at DE. But I guess I could put JA or Lageman at OLB in a 3-4 even though neither played ore then 1 year at the position. Douglas? Strictly a 4-3 DE...he was LOST in 1997 when Tuna went ot the 3-4.

Then we don't play the 3-4 Mr. Mangini. ;)

Then we don't play the 3-4 Mr. Mangini. ;)

LOL...good one.

Actually if you read my initial post, I say I am going with the 3-4 because that the D we played for the majority of the time between 1983 and now. In retropct, I was incorrect. We were a 3-4 team from 85-89, 97-2000, and 2006-present.

In a later post, I gave my 4-3 team also. But in a 3-4, all those guys that were mentioned were not good 3-4 DEs.

Archived