N.O. Times Picayune: Saints nearing Vilma

Gen X Jet

So, how has Vilma played the last 2 years? And was he healthy this year?

If the answers to these questions are "sh#tty" and "no", then you have the answer to your question.

If Wes Welker went for a 3rd, we can trade Robertson for the #1 damn pick.

I think people forgot how good Vilma is. Just wait and see, he's going to tear it up wherever he goes.

Why the **** will you trade Vilma for a 3rd round pick ? WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?

This is a former ROY, former pro bowl LB, and most importantly he's a franchise LB.

And your giving him up for a 3rd rounder ?

Because it saves money. It will cost us more to draft a guy in the 2nd round then it will in the 3rd, basic Woodyomics.

Other teams don't factor in how much some of a team's fans love their former first-round draft pick.

And if every team knows it, and if he's really worth more than that in trade, why is the best offer so low?

It must be because he's coming off an injury, a major injury at that. I don't think he's able to even run yet.

What I'm trying to say is Vilma will be a pro bowler for years to come. He'll be a great fit for any team that runs the 4-3. They know it, we know it!

Bottom line:

Vilma is coming of a bad year and we will not be showcasing him in a 4-3 this year because all of you saing to keep him will be screaming for Mangini's head if he doesn't win more games this coming season.

Vilma will not resign with us.

Because it saves money. It will cost us more to draft a guy in the 2nd round then it will in the 3rd, basic Woodyomics.

Are you kidding me ?

Please! Listen to what you just said. If someone offers you a 2nd or a 3rd, you'll take the 3rd ?

Just because it'll be cheaper.

If Wes Welker went for a 3rd, we can trade Robertson for the #1 damn pick.

I think people forgot how good Vilma is. Just wait and see, he's going to tear it up wherever he goes.

Why do you keep bringing up how good he is going to do on another team?? We are going to take the offer off the table, let him play crappy again this year walk from us in free agency and then tear it up in a different team?? It doesn't matter how good he plays with another team, the fact of the matter is we are trying to get the best offer and if the best offer is only a 3rd than that is what we take.

Why the **** will you trade Vilma for a 3rd round pick ? WTF ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?

This is a former ROY, former pro bowl LB, and most importantly he's a franchise LB.

And your giving him up for a 3rd rounder ?

Are you kidding me ?

Please! Listen to what you just said. If someone offers you a 2nd or a 3rd, you'll take the 3rd ?

Just because it'll be cheaper.

I'm not saying I agree with it, it's just how the Jets work thats all i'm saying.

I think if the best value we are seeing for him right now is a 3rd rounder it makes no sense to make this trade tomorrow.

why make the trade immediately?

I don't buy that its only a third rounder. We know there is more than one team interested in Vilma and I would hope one team will eventually pony up a mid to late second rounder for him.

I'm not saying I agree with it, it's just how the Jets work thats all i'm saying.

Maybe that's why we're different.

The ****ing Arizona Cardinals have a better chance of winning the SB than we do, that's pathetic. That team hasn't been in the playoffs since dust. Lord help this franchise!

I think if the best value we are seeing for him right now is a 3rd rounder it makes no sense to make this trade tomorrow.

why make the trade immediately?

I don't buy that its only a third rounder. We know there is more than one team interested in Vilma and I would hope one team will eventually pony up a mid to late second rounder for him.

I think the plan is to trade Vilma for the Saints' 3rd round pick and flip it to the Panthers for Jenkins... so it's essentially Vilma for Jenkins. I would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

I think the plan is to trade Vilma for the Saints' 3rd round pick and flip it to the Panthers for Jenkins... so it's essentially Vilma for Jenkins. I would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

I think your right, although i;m sure we'll give up the lower of the 2 3;s

I just think Rogers is better than Jenkins.

I think both could play the position. Both have question-marks (Rogers' head & Jenkins' health). But there really aren't any 3-4 NT types who are in the peak of physical condition.

I know they're both outstanding talents. I don't know them enough to compare one to the other though for who is "better" than the other.

Archived