How 'bout a trade with the Bucs for Chris Simms?

AFJF

His rehab is supposedly coming along well. He appeared to be showing a ot of improvement before his injury. For some reason Gruden hates his guts. Can probably be acquired for a second day pick and doesn't make a ton of money. Just a name that jumped out at me when looking at QBs around the league that can probably be had on the cheap.

Chris Simms hasn't played football in 2 years and wasn't very good when he did. Pass

I see where you're coming from Booze but I'd like to see another player brought in who has some NFL experience, isn't over the hill, has the potential to be better than what we have now and can be brought in at a very small price. I'm not saying he'd be a savior, but probably better than Chad and Tui. Too early to say on Clemens.

I see where you're coming from Booze but I'd like to see another player brought in who has some NFL experience, isn't over the hill, has the potential to be better than what we have now and can be brought in at a very small price. I'm not saying he'd be a savior, but probably better than Chad and Tui. Too early to say on Clemens.

OK Guys, please let's give Clemen a chance behind an NFL line with healthy receivers before we do all of that

OK Guys, please let's give Clemen a chance behind an NFL line with healthy receivers before we do all of that

"all of that"? Bringing in another QB to compete for a spot? Nobody is saying to take a QB at the top of round one or break the bank on a pro bowler. I'm just saying that I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a guy like Chris Simms around if Kellen falters than I would with Chad or Tui. I really don't think I was proposing anything all that drastic.

"all of that"? Bringing in another QB to compete for a spot? Nobody is saying to take a QB at the top of round one or break the bank on a pro bowler. I'm just saying that I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a guy like Chris Simms around if Kellen falters than I would with Chad or Tui. I really don't think I was proposing anything all that drastic.

Mangini has Vinny Testaverde on speed dial.No worries.

With all the money we just spent I'm not really interested in brining in another QB unless we think he can win us a super bowl, not when we still don't even know what we have in Clemens.

That seems like a pretty good reason to bring in another QB to me. We know what we have in Chad (sadly). We don't know what we have in Clemens. I like Clemens. I want him to start from day 1. If he gets hurt and/or ****s the bed, I'd rather have Simms than Tui and he doesn't make all that much money. Again, JMO and thinking "out loud"

This is not a bad idea at all. Chris Simms has talent problem is that he doesn't get along with Gruden. He was good enough to get the Bucs to the playoffs a couple years ago. A 4th round pick for him would be a no-brainer plus he's probably got more upside than both Pennington and Clemens.

there is no way he is better than Chad. Tui maybe.

Chris Simms has talent problem is that he doesn't get along with Gruden.

Pete that's just not true at all. Gruden has gone out of his way countless times to praise Simms for his work ethic, heart,m and determination. Especially after the game he got clobbered and practically ended his career. The only time they didn't get along was when Gruden shot him looks and yelled at him for throwing stupid picks. 2 years out of football is a very long time, especially for a QB.

This is not a bad idea at all. Chris Simms has talent problem is that he doesn't get along with Gruden. He was good enough to get the Bucs to the playoffs a couple years ago. A 4th round pick for him would be a no-brainer plus he's probably got more upside than both Pennington and Clemens.

You really think it would take a 4th rounder to pry Simms away from them? I'm thinking more like a conditional 7th in 2011.

Archived