Impact of spending spree vs ticket prices

Maxman

We have talked about this a bunch lately. But has the free agent spending spree changed your view of the ticket prices?

For me I was pissed when we got another ticket price increase and my seats went to $115 each. I was dreading writing that check. Now just a short while later the ticket prices seem like an after thought.

Why?

We have a front office that seems to want to win as much as we want them to. Will it all work out? Who knows, maybe not. But they are being aggressive and trying to make this team better. As a Jets fan that is something that you can't always say.

The price of the ticket really seems less important to me now that they have gotten rid of the stench I like to call a 4 win season.

:cheers:

Well that's good timing because my invoice arrived today. In the past there would be a letter regarding the past season and hopes for the upcoming season and possibly trying to explain the price increase. This year there is a card with the prices listed on it and that's that. Businesss is business.

We have talked about this a bunch lately. But has the free agent spending spree changed your view of the ticket prices?

For me I was pissed when we got another ticket price increase and my seats went to $115 each. I was dreading writing that check. Now just a short while later the ticket prices seem like an after thought.

Why?

We have a front office that seems to want to win as much as we want them to. Will it all work out? Who knows, maybe not. But they are being aggressive and trying to make this team better. As a Jets fan that is something that you can't always say.

The price of the ticket really seems less important to me now that they have gotten rid of the stench I like to call a 4 win season.

true, but BIGALARABUE is bad mouthing your site on JI, him and his man boobs are coming to get you..

true, but BIGALARABUE is bad mouthing your site on JI, him and his man boobs are coming to get you..

I find it hard to believe that someone would trash us. We are all pillars of the community if I may say so myself.*

*Phrase borrowed from the true pillar of the community.

All this does is help Woody justify increases going forward...spending the money to make the team a winner... umm Woody championships are not won on paper. At the same time he had to start making some splashes before entering into the new stadium

All this does is help Woody justify increases going forward...spending the money to make the team a winner... umm Woody championships are not won on paper. At the same time he had to start making some splashes before entering into the new stadium

You didn't answer my question though. Is it easier for you to write the check for this years tickets now that they have spent some money? Or will you believe it (this team winning) when you see it on the field?

The Faneca signing made me feel a little better yes... as did the thoughts of the Jets spending money and trying to be aggressive. But to me the proof is in the pudding. The Jets have had years in the past when they spent a sh$tload and ended up 3-13.

but you will not have the ability to get hit in the head with a paper airplane, see the Flight Crew try to act like the Knick City Dancers and learn new curse words when you see a 4th quarter pick six to lose the game.

The Faneca signing made me feel a little better yes... as did the thoughts of the Jets spending money and trying to be aggressive. But to me the proof is in the pudding. The Jets have had years in the past when they spent a sh$tload and ended up 3-13.

Neil O'Donnell is the real deal man. Have some faith!

The spending spree has completly shut me up... for now. However, if this team is off to a 1-3, 1-4 start, the voices will come back rather quickly. This team better be successful, not just aggressive in Free Agency, to raise the ticket prices after a 4-12 season.

Just win baby, just win. :beer:

but you will not have the ability to get hit in the head with a paper airplane, see the Flight Crew try to act like the Knick City Dancers and learn new curse words when you see a 4th quarter pick six to lose the game.

So you think Chad is a lock to be the starter huh?

So, it happened once before, therefore it must happen again?

Dude, we're not ONLY using free agency to build the team, we still have a draft you know.

Personally, I dont think we'll be much better then a 2nd rd. playoff team this year at best, but I can definately see us going for it all 2 or 3 years down the road if we continue to draft well.

I know I am king homer, but no, the two don't equate for me.

I look at the tickets as just that, tickets to go see entertainment.

I always think the Jets will be competitive and give me good entertainment value (that doesn't necessarily mean winning).

BZ

So, it happened once before, therefore it must happen again?

Dude, we're not ONLY using free agency to build the team, we still have a draft you know.

Personally, I dont think we'll be much better then a 2nd rd. playoff team this year at best, but I can definately see us going for it all 2 or 3 years down the road if we continue to draft well.

a second round team? based on what? The jets had a good draft last year..but it is not like they are the Ravens drafting talent every year, and actually their free agent moves in the past have been questionable as well. Are they improved, yes... will it be fun to watch..yes is the Jets qb situation still less than impressive yes

Why?

How are you going to feel if they go 1-15 like they did in 96 after their last free agent binge ?

Raising ticket prices after a 4-12 season no matter how you cut is lame.

Right now I am eating a bologna sandwich that I brought in for lunch. I'm eating it for breakfast because although I was planning to buy a bagel this morning, I looked in my wallet, but I didn't even have a dollar. Looks like I'll be having cookies for lunch again.

I just spent 460 dollars to replace the timing belt in my car.

I'm looking for part time work on the weekends to make ends meet.

F Woody.

i know people who just gave up their tickets this year because the team seems to be reluctant to spend money to get better...now those people are kicking themselves but i still think prices are outrageous...i am a sport marketing major and most of my professors believe that pro-teams (especially in this area) want all corporate sales so they can raise prices every year without average-joes like us complaining.

i know people who just gave up their tickets this year because the team seems to be reluctant to spend money to get better...now those people are kicking themselves but i still think prices are outrageous...i am a sport marketing major and most of my professors believe that pro-teams (especially in this area) want all corporate sales so they can raise prices every year without average-joes like us complaining.

The thing is, spending the money does not guarantee success on the field, so I'd suggest that the fans who gave up the season tickets postpone kicking themselves until Mangini is hoisting the Lombardi.

The thing is, spending the money does not guarantee success on the field, so I'd suggest that the fans who gave up the season tickets postpone kicking themselves until Mangini is hoisting the Lombardi.

i agree that results on the field should be the only thing that causes an increase in ticket prices...but it is a relief to see the management of this team finally spending some money to get better.

i agree that results on the field should be the only thing that causes an increase in ticket prices...but it is a relief to see the management of this team finally spending some money to get better.

No doubt but lets not forget how Bradway and Herm served us sh*t salad while Woody raised ticket prices. Bradway let Randy Thomas and kareem Mckenzie walk because of cheapness, yet even factoring in for inflation Tanny gives Faneca more than what those two players were asking. I'm not sure if the difference is Tanny, or if Woody has finally reached critical mass where he knows he can't lowball his employees any more.

Archived