Mangini really after Law

Bravejamriot

Writing off Miller is short sighted. He was making excellent progress before he got hurt. We will have to see if he is 100% by TC. If he is, I would have no problem going with his speed and athleticism over the old fat turd money grubbing man.

And how much can Law have left? Herm didn't try to keep him. The same Herm who played Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones when they were in wheelchairs.

There is a difference between writing a guy off and not necessarily counting on him to be a starter next year.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would personally take Law back anyday. He could help tutor and mentor Revis for a year or two and would give the Jets a solid veteran in the secondary.

He could teach him how to have special rules on the team, how to get heavy, and how to become lazy too.

But hey, maybe he'll cut you a check for the difference in your tickets.

He could teach him how to have special rules on the team, how to get heavy, and how to become lazy too.

But hey, maybe he'll cut you a check for the difference in your tickets.

Trash him all you want, but no matter the guy was a great Cornerback, one of the best in the game, during his times in New England. And like it or not, he still had 10 interceptions in 2005. I'd love for a Jet cornerback to come near that once. Just once. I've never seen it.

Trash him all you want, but no matter the guy was a great Cornerback, one of the best in the game, during his times in New England. And like it or not, he still had 10 interceptions in 2005. I'd love for a Jet cornerback to come near that once. Just once. I've never seen it.

He was a great cornerback in New England.... We agree.

In 2005 with the Jets, he was NOT good, regardless of an interception count. That's not how I solely judge a receiver.

16 games in 2005, and I remember 1 play and 1 play only from Ty Law, and that was him leaving his jock on the field when LT ran by him.

In 2005 with the Jets, he was NOT good, regardless of an interception count. That's not how I solely judge a receiver.

16 games in 2005, and I remember 1 play and 1 play only from Ty Law, and that was him leaving his jock on the field when LT ran by him.

In 2005Law was playing in a totally different style of defense. I would take him in this pressure style man to man defense we are going to be running. This is his strongsuit.

In 2005Law was playing in a totally different style of defense. I would take him in this pressure style man to man defense we are going to be running. This is his strongsuit.

I would have taken the 2003 version of Law...

Now, it's time to move on.

I would have taken the 2003 version of Law...

Now, it's time to move on.

I would have taken the 2004 version before being hurt as well. Lets see what the contract is before killing this. One thing is for sure and that is he won't be playing the flats and trying to make that tackle in Mangini's style of defense. That is the cover who. Sit back and let them score, Herm style of defense.

I would have taken the 2004 version before being hurt as well. Lets see what the contract is before killing this. One thing is for sure and that is he won't be playing the flats and trying to make that tackle in Mangini's style of defense. That is the cover who. Sit back and let them score, Herm style of defense.

You're right, 2004 would have been fine too.

This could be a MINIMUM SALARY 0 SIGNING BONUS deal and I am not happy.

It's not just his play. He was a malcontent in 2005. You can try to make it be Herm's fault but you know what... it shows his character... get away with what you can.

You're right, 2004 would have been fine too.

This could be a MINIMUM SALARY 0 SIGNING BONUS deal and I am not happy.

It's not just his play. He was a malcontent in 2005. You can try to make it be Herm's fault but you know what... it shows his character... get away with what you can.

You bring up a great point and that is one reason I would like to see the deal he signs. If his deal is incentive packed and he comes in with a good attitude, practices hard, ect. than I think it could be a steal. Hey he could be our Everson Walls, Sam Madison or someone like that who we get a good year or two out of and can help out the rest of the secondary.

Can it cover the crossing route though??

That is the question, The crossing routes are key dammit.

They are pretty key...

Let's put it this way. The 2005 version of #24, the 2007 version of #24 and that pilon are about equally effective on crossing routes.

You bring up a great point and that is one reason I would like to see the deal he signs. If his deal is incentive packed and he comes in with a good attitude, practices hard, ect. than I think it could be a steal. Hey he could be our Everson Walls, Sam Madison or someone like that who we get a good year or two out of and can help out the rest of the secondary.

I don't think an incentive packed deal will be that helpful. The guy had 10 INTs in '05 and he wasn't particularly effective. It's kind of hard to properly pay a CB with incentives, unless maybe it's snaps played or something like that. I don't remember him being quite the malcontent aec does. What I remember is him being dinged up most of the year and piling up meaningless interceptions well after the season was over.

IIRC, he had the kind of contract which was so crazy that it was basically a one year deal. Chad was going to come back strong after the surgery and lead us further than '04. Law was that piece to put us over the top on our run to the super bowl. Remember that?

One thing I think we can count on is that Mangini is not going to be "really after Law" if Law is not a good character guy.

They are pretty key...

Let's put it this way. The 2005 version of #24, the 2007 version of #24 and that pilon are about equally effective on crossing routes.

:roll:

Revis can cover crossing routes, just because he got beaten on a few doesn't mean he can't cover them. The ones that he does cover perfectly won't sshow up in the stats or in the game highlights.

"Was" is the operative word in your post. I am not in favor of Ty Law becoming a Jet again. He left after one season because he wanted to play on a contender. Now, he publicly lets it be known that he wants to play for Bill Belechick and the Patriots. He then lets it be known that he had a good meeting with Belechick. At best he would probably only equal what Andre Dyson achieving as a Jet. I don't doubt that he would be an asset if he stayed healthy, but if he has become prone to injury, we do not need him, even if we can get him on the cheap.

Revis can cover crossing routes, just because he got on a few doesn't mean he can't cover them. The ones that he does cover perfectly won't sshow up in the stats or in the game highlights.

When you say a few, you mean a few a game, right?

When you say a few, you mean a few a game, right?

LOL, please. There were games were he didn't give up one reception. Revis will be a very special player, IMO he will be a pro-bowler within 2 years. Even if he does have a flaw, he was a rookie FFS, even Bailey wasn't immensly impressive his rookie year.

Vs TO (who runs crossing routes better than anyone in the game) he didn't give up on crossing route. The only play he gave up was an absolutely perfectly thrown ball by Romo into what was good coverage. In that game he was 1 on 1 quite a bit and more than held his own.

LOL, please. There were games were he didn't give up one reception. Revis will be a very special player, IMO he will be a pro-bowler within 2 years. Even if he does have a flaw, he was a rookie FFS, even Bailey wasn't immensly impressive his rookie year.

Vs TO (who runs crossing routes better than anyone in the game) he didn't give up on crossing route. The only play he gave up was an absolutely perfectly thrown ball by Romo into what was good coverage. In that game he was 1 on 1 quite a bit and more than held his own.

crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.

crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.crossing route.

Accordingly, that's all that matters.:rl:

Revis can cover crossing routes, just because he got beaten on a few doesn't mean he can't cover them. The ones that he does cover perfectly won't sshow up in the stats or in the game highlights.

You really need to stop posting this drivel. Don't you know that aec4 knows everything about football and is the only one who really knows what covering a crossing route really looks like? If you don't believe me, just ask him ;)

Writing off Miller is short sighted. He was making excellent progress before he got hurt. We will have to see if he is 100% by TC. If he is, I would have no problem going with his speed and athleticism over the old fat turd money grubbing man.

And how much can Law have left? Herm didn't try to keep him. The same Herm who played Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones when they were in wheelchairs.

Miller was making progress as a kick returner, don't really know if it can be said he was making much progress as a corner, I don't think we saw enough before the injury to say that.

You really need to stop posting this drivel. Don't you know that aec4 knows everything about football and is the only one who really knows what covering a crossing route really looks like? If you don't believe me, just ask him ;)

I know, I can't believe how stupid I was to think I was worthy of arguing with him.

The Cowboys also took the air out of the ball because they knew we had absolutely no hope of scoring...

What I do know is every time I watch someone cross the middle of the field on a crossing route, I see #24 lagging 2 strides behind.

He's a good player.. I don't think he'll become a probowler, but if he does, I'll be glad to see it. I just think he tends to react slow to that route. He lets the receiver inside way too easily.

That's my opinion, and because you do not agree with it doesn't mean what I say is gospel, and it doesn't mean what I say is moronic either. It just is my opinion. If you guys think he's Deion Sanders with the ability to tackle, then so be it.

Archived