What teams would take Hardy in round 1?

PLAYMAKER29

I would say pittsburgh is a team that could give him a strong look, considering big ben's talk of wanting a tall reciever, but ultimately I beleive they'll end up going with branden albert.

The giants taking hardy is most likely the least of our concerns, they will most likely go secondary. Yes, they won the SB with the group they have now, but unless the defense plays lights out every single play of every game, they are going to need to upgrade their secondary play. I would lean towards them drafting kenny phillips, considering they lost wilson to the raiders. Yes, toomer is old, but they have enough talent at the reciever position.

The other teams who need reciever pick more towards the top or middle like the bills, titans, redskins, rams and bucs. But a lot of those teams are going to go in different directions; i would be good money the bills go with devin thomas/sweed or a CB, if thomas or sweed is there for the bucs they'll probably go there and redskins could easily go calais cambell or a malcolm kelly.

There are about 4 or so recievers who are ahead of hardy on most people's draft boards and 3 of them have very good size as well; devin thomas seems to be the new favorite amongst everyone, limas sweed is still up there, malcolm kelly can still go round 1, but he might sleep if he doesnt perform at his proday and than desean jackson who won't fit most teams but is a sure fire 1st rounder. Ultimately, I don't think 5 recievers are going to go in the first round, so I think there is a very good chance that hardy is there for us, but it remains to be seen if we pull the trigger if he's there.

I would say pittsburgh is a team that could give him a strong look, considering big ben's talk of wanting a tall reciever, but ultimately I beleive they'll end up going with branden albert.

The giants taking hardy is most likely the least of our concerns, they will most likely go secondary. Yes, they won the SB with the group they have now, but unless the defense plays lights out every single play of every game, they are going to need to upgrade their secondary play. I would lean towards them drafting kenny phillips, considering they lost wilson to the raiders. Yes, toomer is old, but they have enough talent at the reciever position.

The other teams who need reciever pick more towards the top or middle like the bills, titans, redskins, rams and bucs. But a lot of those teams are going to go in different directions; i would be good money the bills go with devin thomas/sweed or a CB, if thomas or sweed is there for the bucs they'll probably go there and redskins could easily go calais cambell or a malcolm kelly.

There are about 4 or so recievers who are ahead of hardy on most people's draft boards and 3 of them have very good size as well; devin thomas seems to be the new favorite amongst everyone, limas sweed is still up there, malcolm kelly can still go round 1, but he might sleep if he doesnt perform at his proday and than desean jackson who won't fit most teams but is a sure fire 1st rounder. Ultimately, I don't think 5 recievers are going to go in the first round, so I think there is a very good chance that hardy is there for us, but it remains to be seen if we pull the trigger if he's there.

The teams drafting ahead of the Jets in the second round are all in desperate need of an offensive lineman, which they probably wont take in the first round (except for whomever takes Jake Long). So its not likely there will be a run of WRs taken right before the Jets' pick, which means that Hardy and/or Manningham, even DeSean Jackson, could be there at #36.

I dont think the Steelers will take Albert; they just signed a Center and will shift last year's Center to Guard. I bet they draft defense in the first round. Its what they do.

The teams drafting ahead of the Jets in the second round are all in desperate need of an offensive lineman, which they probably wont take in the first round (except for whomever takes Jake Long). So its not likely there will be a run of WRs taken right before the Jets' pick, which means that Hardy and/or Manningham, even DeSean Jackson, could be there at #36.

I dont think the Steelers will take Albert; they just signed a Center and will shift last year's Center to Guard. I bet they draft defense in the first round. Its what they do.

I'm pretty sold on the steelers being the one team to look at getting a tall WR, but i'm pretty sold on them taking albert. Hartwig will be starting at C and Sean Mahan will probably slide out to guard; he'll battle Chris Kemoeatu, but neither of them are someone to write home about. The steelers have always been a team to hang there hat on their tough oline and albert would battle with those two and most likely win the starting job by mid season at the latest.

I'm pretty sure hardy is going to be there for us, but we have to weigh all the other options, becuase there are going to be a very large contigent of great players with our pick. Two of my favorite have been curtis lofton and antoine cason, but i do think WR is a bigger need for us.

The size, skill and speed on this guy is unreal. Hes the top WR on the mine and the Bills board. He was the first guy they interviewed and it was right away. He'd be perfect on the opposite side of Evans.

If we go WR in round one, I'm pretty sure it'll be Hardy, and I'll be thrilled.

The size, skill and speed on this guy is unreal. Hes the top WR on the mine and the Bills board. He was the first guy they interviewed and it was right away. He'd be perfect on the opposite side of Evans.

I was sure you guys would take Sweed, who I believe to be the top WR, but taking Hardy wouldn't surprise me at all for you guys.

I'll bet you good money he isn't the #1 WR on buffalo's big board, i'll go as far as to say he's not even top 3. They've got a personal workout with Devin Thomas coming up and he seems to be an extremely fast riser and #1 on most peoples big boards, followed by limas sweed and malcolm kelly. Although, there is a good chance that kelly could fall out of the first round if he isn't able to perform at his proday.

What i don't understand is everyone's enfatuation with his size; yes, he has great size and speed ratio, but he's what, an inch or two taller than kelly and sweed?? and roughly 4ish taller than thomas?? But his vert was around 31 (the 37 he had was later reported to be wrong) whereas sweeds was 35-37.5 and it seems as though sweed has better body control. I'm not saying he's not a good prospect, but his 6'5 frame doesn't make him better than sweeds 6'4 frame.

WR seems to be such crap shoot. Somehow I dont see Jauron drafting a WR at #11. Especially if someone like Rivers or an elite CB falls to BUF in the first round.

The Bills. They are out of their minds desperate for a receiver. You know the situation we have with just Coles and Cotch out there? Well, take that scenario and make it even worse... take that and lose Coles and thats what you have (JUST Lee Evans). A good WR will not only help in his own way, he will also make Evans much better since teams won't be able to double up on him as much.

With the addition of Mitchell and Stroud, the Bills will either take a WR or CB first round IMO, and if they go the WR route then they want someone big such as Hardy, to compliment the speedy Evans.

I'll bet you good money he isn't the #1 WR on buffalo's big board, i'll go as far as to say he's not even top 3. They've got a personal workout with Devin Thomas coming up and he seems to be an extremely fast riser and #1 on most peoples big boards, followed by limas sweed and malcolm kelly. Although, there is a good chance that kelly could fall out of the first round if he isn't able to perform at his proday.

What i don't understand is everyone's enfatuation with his size; yes, he has great size and speed ratio, but he's what, an inch or two taller than kelly and sweed?? and roughly 4ish taller than thomas?? But his vert was around 31 (the 37 he had was later reported to be wrong) whereas sweeds was 35-37.5 and it seems as though sweed has better body control. I'm not saying he's not a good prospect, but his 6'5 frame doesn't make him better than sweeds 6'4 frame.

I would cry with Kelly at #11. He didnt even have 10 TDs or even 900 yard for the season! He had like 3 100+ yard games, and one was against North Texas. I dont get his hype, at all, especially at 11.

Hardy is 6'7, 3 inches taller than Kelly. He put up good numbers all season too, he was very productive on an average at best team.

Sweed, I love, I'm a huge Texas football fan, but his injury scares me, and he had a phantom one so he didnt have to lift at some recent scouting event.

Hardy is the perfect fit for us. Devin Thomas at 11, I'd cry worse than Kelly, it would make me sick to my stomach actually.

My WR board, for the Bills anyway:

Hardy

Sweed

Kelly

Thomas

I would cry with Kelly at #11. He didnt even have 10 TDs or even 900 yard for the season! He had like 3 100+ yard games, and one was against North Texas. I dont get his hype, at all, especially at 11.

Hardy is 6'7, 3 inches taller than Kelly. He put up good numbers all season too, he was very productive on an average at best team.

Sweed, I love, I'm a huge Texas football fan, but his injury scares me, and he had a phantom one so he didnt have to lift at some recent scouting event.

Hardy is the perfect fit for us. Devin Thomas at 11, I'd cry worse than Kelly, it would make me sick to my stomach actually.

My WR board, for the Bills anyway:

Hardy

Sweed

Kelly

Thomas

He's 6'6". The knock on him is he takes plays off. Sound familiar?

Archived