What do you expect from Schottenhiemer this season

BroadwayJ667

Th trick stuff with Brad Smith is over. Too predictable. I'd love to see some spread O, out of the I back formation. Say Jones in front of Washingon, Penny or Clemens checks off (in the right situation) and Jones and Leon spread out into 4 or 5 wide out formation with backers trying to cover them.

Th trick stuff with Brad Smith is over. Too predictable. I'd love to see some spread O, out of the I back formation. Say Jones in front of Washingon, Penny or Clemens checks off (in the right situation) and Jones and Leon spread out into 4 or 5 wide out formation with backers trying to cover them.

It was too predictable last season, it wasnt like we had much else for anyone to be concerned with. This year however, that may change. Then the whirlygigs and gizmos would actually SURPRISE teams.

It was too predictable last season, it wasnt like we had much else for anyone to be concerned with. This year however, that may change. Then the whirlygigs and gizmos would actually SURPRISE teams.

Every time Smith stepped on the field he got the ball (so it seamed) whether it was a pass or trick play. Unfortunately he's not good enough to leave him in more.

Every time Smith stepped on the field he got the ball (so it seamed) whether it was a pass or trick play. Unfortunately he's not good enough to leave him in more.

Im not much of a B Smith fan, but if he were to just stay at WR and get good at it he/we would be better off.

Im not much of a B Smith fan, but if he were to just stay at WR and get good at it he/we would be better off.

To be fair Smith is a very, very good ST player so he's not completely useless. I agree though. He needs to focus on making it at one position. Mangini really ****ed up in last years camp by having him work out as a QB. That was an incredibly stupid desicion.

I think Brad Smith has the potential to be a playmaker as a slot WR for this Jets team, but just about everyone on this board is right, we really need an upgrade in the draft because as of right now, he's not ready

To be fair Smith is a very, very good ST player so he's not completely useless. I agree though. He needs to focus on making it at one position. Mangini really ****ed up in last years camp by having him work out as a QB. That was an incredibly stupid desicion.

Well it wasnt entirely stupid, it was a chance to see what he had to offer us. Now we know he should stick to WR and ST, and concentrate on exceling at those.

Listen guy's, He ran the offence like that last year because we had the worst O-line in the league! We ran the ball to the right on every running play, because the left side was so poor with Clarke at L.G we had no push!

It would not matter if we had an all Pro R.B, or Superstar Q.B back there last year, because the line was so poor the Q.B had to run for his life every play!

This made life so hard for Schotty that it reduced his play book to about 5 pages.

This year I expect the offence to be much more expansive. Sure it will be a ball control Offence, but with more than a touch of jalphino thrown in :)

I think Brad Smith has the potential to be a playmaker as a slot WR for this Jets team, but just about everyone on this board is right, we really need an upgrade in the draft because as of right now, he's not ready

If he coud catch the F-ing ball!

That doesn't mean I have to hate Pennington. He was a very good QB for the Jets. Two shoulder surgeries later he is very limited. He just has nothing left in his upfield arm, but at this point I think he is still the best QB on the Jets,

This is a very telling and sad statement about the state of the QB position on the NYJ. If this is the case, we need to draft a QB in the 2nd round. If Kellen is not better than Penny at this point, this upcoming season is lost.

This is a very telling and sad statement about the state of the QB position on the NYJ. If this is the case, we need to draft a QB in the 2nd round. If Kellen is not better than Penny at this point, this upcoming season is lost.

Not really, Chad has gotten worse teams to the playoffs before.

He could definetly do it again.

If chad is our qb this season, we will not win 6 games. Last year he won ONE game. Most of those games we were in at the end, until a pick 6. Chads time is over.

If chad is our qb this season, we will not win 6 games. Last year he won ONE game. Most of those games we were in at the end, until a pick 6. Chads time is over.

Lets see:

We have a much, much improved team so either Chad or Clemens will be in much better situations than last season.

Our schedule looks pretty weak - Think back 2 years.

He wont win us the Superbowl but I think we could have a pretty good season. Some of you guys talk of Chad like he is the worst QB in the league. He has proven in the past that he can win games in good situations.

We could have a great season with Clemens, but there is much more of a risk with him. I'm not sure Mangini will take that risk TBH.

Im just looking at some of the younger QB's around the NFL

Cutler

Vince Young

Philip Rivers

Tony Romo

Derick Anderson

Big Ben

I just wanna see what Kellen has behind a powefull offensive line with Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Moore and Woody with Thomas Jones as the runningback who should have a monster season with players such as Coles, Cotchery, Baker and maybe a 2nd round rookie WR, I just wanna see what this kid has to offer with a solid offense around him.

Lets see:

We have a much, much improved team so either Chad or Clemens will be in much better situations than last season.

Our schedule looks pretty weak - Think back 2 years.

He wont win us the Superbowl but I think we could have a pretty good season. Some of you guys talk of Chad like he is the worst QB in the league. He has proven in the past that he can win games in good situations.

We could have a great season with Clemens, but there is much more of a risk with him. I'm not sure Mangini will take that risk TBH.

Chad is not a bad qb if he plays with a lead. If he can work with the whole field he can be effective. He gets into trouble when either at the end of a half or the end of a game and he is behind. If he has to throw the 10 yard out with no time outs, we are screwed. He simply does not have the arm to get it there and the dbs sit on that route. Pick 6.

Chads bread and butter are quick slants, 6-8 yard crossing routes, screeens and flairs to the backs in the flat. None of those are effective when time is a factor and you need to conserve time outs.

As far as Clemens goes, if the CS doesn't think that he is the answer, then we need to draft a qb early that could be.

Chad is not a bad qb if he plays with a lead. If he can work with the whole field he can be effective. He gets into trouble when either at the end of a half or the end of a game and he is behind. If he has to throw the 10 yard out with no time outs, we are screwed. He simply does not have the arm to get it there and the dbs sit on that route. Pick 6.

Chads bread and butter are quick slants, 6-8 yard crossing routes, screeens and flairs to the backs in the flat. None of those are effective when time is a factor and you need to conserve time outs.

As far as Clemens goes, if the CS doesn't think that he is the answer, then we need to draft a qb early that could be.

I agree with almost everything you said and I know Chad is not the QB of the future. However, I still think he could win us 10 games next year in spite of those flaws he has.

The 2008 New York Jets have proved nothing yet. So far, even on paper, this team isn't better than the 2002 or 2004 Jets.

I agree with almost everything you said and I know Chad is not the QB of the future. However, I still think he could win us 10 games next year in spite of those flaws he has.

So making some assumptions, lets say we split with buffalo, win 2 from miami, and lose 2 to the Pats. That is fairly realistic with Penny at the helm. So that is 3 wins. Can Penny win 7 of the remaining 10 games? You are far more optimistic than I. I think if CP is our QB, we go 8-8 at best. Probably 6-10.

2006 dude. We made the playoffs with Chat at QB in 06 too and right now we have a much, much better team.

I left out the 2006 team on purpose, dude.

That team, on paper, isn't as good so far as the '08 Jets. Still, lets see what they do on the field first and see if they surpass 10-6.

Right now, compared to that team, we still have questions at QB and OLB. Nothing much has changed.

So making some assumptions, lets say we split with buffalo, win 2 from miami, and lose 2 to the Pats. That is fairly realistic with Penny at the helm. So that is 3 wins. Can Penny win 7 of the remaining 10 games? You are far more optimistic than I. I think if CP is our QB, we go 8-8 at best. Probably 6-10.

I think we could sweep the pitiful NFC West.

I don't think Oakland, Kansas City, Tennessee are impossible tasks either.

Don't underate some of our pickups, we are going to be much, much improved talent wise.

I left out the 2006 team on purpose, dude.

That team, on paper, isn't as good so far as the '08 Jets. Still, lets see what they do on the field first and see if they surpass 10-6.

Right now, compared to that team, we still have questions at QB and OLB. Nothing much has changed.

I agree that they have to produce on the field but you can't be serious when you say 'nothing much has changed'. We now have a guy who at least has the physical tools to be a 3-4 NT. Even the worst case scenario with Jenkins involves him being an upgrade over D-Rob.

We have added 2 real studs defensively in Revis and Harris, who are only going to get better with experience. They are massive upgrades too. Pace (although I didn't like the signing) will surely be better than Hobson if nothing else.

Offensively we are similar but with Faneca and a more experienced Brick/Mangold I believe our O-line is much better than 06. I'm not a fan of Thomas Jones, but he's sure as Hell better than Kevan Barlow, not to mention we got a stud FB in Richardson. Our WR situation is basically the same.

All that and we still have the draft.

Chad has hardly changed too much since 06, that's why I think he can lead this improved team to the playoffs. Clemens could too, but like I said he'd be much more of a risk, especially in Manginis eyes.

Hardly changed? He played much, more worse in 2007 than he did in 2006. His interceptions were timely, in terms of costing the team the game or a chance to tie or win the game late. Yes Faneca is a mild upgrade and Harris is a stud, but Revis? Yeah, he played well in '07, but no better than Dyson did in '06, IMO. Lets hope he continues to improve.

Jenkins an upgrade? I believe so and hope so, but he has to show he can play effectively as a 34 NT on the field first before we nominate him for Canton.

Jenkins an upgrade? I believe so and hope so, but he has to show he can play effectively as a 34 NT on the field first before we nominate him for Canton.

If Jenkins passed the Jets physical, its an upgrade. Robertson failed two physicals for two different teams. Its sad how he was even starting for the Jets at NT the past 2 seasons

Hardly changed? He played much, more worse in 2007 than he did in 2006. His interceptions were timely, in terms of costing the team the game or a chance to tie or win the game late. Yes Faneca is a mild upgrade and Harris is a stud, but Revis? Yeah, he played well in '07, but no better than Dyson did in '06, IMO. Lets hope he continues to improve.

I'm talking about Chad in terms of ability when he's hardly changed. Not performance.

Revis was a rookie and like I said in my post he will only get better. I think he'll emerge as an elite CB next season. Your right in saying that he wasn't that much better if at all than Dyson in 06, but I by next year I think he will.

Jenkins will be an upgrade over D-Rob, I can say that without a doubt in my mind. I'm not nominating him for canton or even saying he'll be a great NT. But his size and strength alone make him an upgrade. He may not be a dominating force like many expect but he will at the very least be able to hold his own and will not be dominated in the way Robertson was.

He may not be a dominating force like many expect but he will at the very least be able to hold his own and will not be dominated in the way Robertson was.

If you want the Jets to ever be better than 10-6, you better damn well hope he is dominating. You need a dominating 34 NT to win. Serviceable isn't going to work. We had serviceable in Robertson.

If you want the Jets to ever be better than 10-6, you better damn well hope he is dominating. You need a dominating 34 NT to win. Serviceable isn't going to work. We had serviceable in Robertson.

No, Robertson was not seriveable. He was a liability in the 3-4. He could never hold his own and was constantly being dominated and geting pushed around.

I'll be willing to gaurantee that will not happen with Jenkins.

So your expecting Harris to have no impact? David would have lea the league in tackles if he had started the whole season, and that's without a 3-4 NT. Jenkins may not be a pure 3-4 NT, but he also wont be invisible like rob.

Also I believe K.J. is so relieved to be out of Charlotte. I mean what the hell is in Charlotte for him to be happy about. This is New York, he'll be on cloud nine.

I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be upset with the offense that is going to be played this season.

4 yards and a cloud of dust.

With the players they are acquiring I really believe they are going to try for a strong running game, and a tough defense. Short yardage third downs. Depends who is the QB to determine how often they will throw the ball on first down. Actually if it's Pennington there will be more 1st down throws. He has a great play Acton, and teams will be pinching up. It depends how effective the running game is.

If Clemens is the QB, I think they will be more inclined to be conservative so as not to put him in pressure situations. Plus right now the Jets lack a long ball WR. IMO it will be a grind it out,. move the chains offense

i think its time to treat kellen like a nfl qb hes not a rookie anymore its time to put the load on him. i dont think they should shy away from putting clemens in pressure situations

Archived