Giants raise ticket prices $7.00

JETSFAN5180

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hehe.. I'm happy where I am.. and if you think it's a matter of chartering a bus..

You made some good points. I am going to write to the Jets now and suggest they add a paypal link to nyjets.com

Gotta help them out man. Just doing my part. :cheers:

aec4 you are playing devils advocate and that is all well and good. But answer this question. 2 teams play in the same stadium. Assume that all of the back end financial costs are exactly the same.

Who should have the higher prices? The team that has won 3 super bowls in the last 20 years. Or the team with none in almost 40?

Giants are 18th in revenue in the NFL. The Jets are 21st. They will do what they have to do to narrow the gap.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/30/biz_07nfl_NFL-Team-Valuations_Revenue_2.html

Is my math wrong -- or does $7 per 4 minutes work out to $218,400 (40 hour work week) ?

Anyone who is making over 200 grand isn't complaining about this increase. Except DNA but he is known for being cheap.

I'll show you cheap when I don't renew my VIP membership. I'll be doing that just on principle, not to save the $54.99.

Dont pay for them if you cant afford it... dont complain either... your lucky to have them... pay up or move over for the next guy.

This is probably the attitude and viewpoint that caused your hobby store business to go down the crapper.

Save that Bull$hit. Ive still got the game saved on TIVO. They CHEERED when Penny went down. Period, end of story.

I agree with KingDirk. They cheered when Clemens came on the field, but they ALSO CHEERED when Pennington stayed down.

Save that Bull$hit. Ive still got the game saved on TIVO. They CHEERED when Penny went down. Period, end of story.

so you werent at the game?

and tv showed you everything??

As i said earlier in the thread. You want to believe they were booing chad, your opinion isnt going to change.

I never thought that and will never believe the fans were booing chad.

Hey, you were the "Moderator" tag, act like it.

BZ

Yes BP when you wear the moderator tag you are not only representing yourself and the entire JetNation population. You are honoring the high level and standards that TomShane and Maxman set forth over three years ago.

BP, Please try to live up to the level that we created. Damn n00b.

Hey, you were the "Moderator" tag, act like it.

BZ

What does being a moderator have to do with the topic in this thread that you have defended 24/7? up until of course this groundbreaking newsflash about the Giants ticket prices came about. now all of a sudden it's me being a naughty mod, right?

Nice deflection from the obvious. please stay on topic, Mr Zulia.

How's that?

What does being a moderator have to do with the topic in this thread that you have defended 24/7? up until of course this groundbreaking newsflash about the Giants ticket prices came about. now all of a sudden it's me being a naughty mod, right?

Nice deflection from the obvious. please stay on topic, Mr Zulia.

How's that?

Hey, your the big moderator, said to be keeping up the rules, but taking cheap shots at me in a thread I wasn't even in.

It is fine, you showed your true colors.

BZ

Hey guys if you see a post that you don't like please be sure to click on the report this post button. Oh that is right, we don't have one of those.

We are (mostly) adults here. Lather up the thick skin and work it out.

Now back to the topic at hand:

BZ -- any comment on the Jets having HIGHER ticket prices than the Super Bowl Champion Giants?

Hey, your the big moderator, said to be keeping up the rules, but taking cheap shots at me in a thread I wasn't even in.

It is fine, you showed your true colors.

BZ

You are overly sensitive, my friend. saying you were Woody's butt plug was a friendly rib. and now you have turned it into an estrogen filled tirade because you know you're wrong on the topic in this thread, and it hurts your easily bruised ego. stop while you're ahead, because your making a complete fool out of yourself in this thread with the incessant whining.

Hey guys if you see a post that you don't like please be sure to click on the report this post button. Oh that is right, we don't have one of those.

We are (mostly) adults here. Lather up the thick skin and work it out.

Now back to the topic at hand:

BZ -- any comment on the Jets having HIGHER ticket prices than the Super Bowl Champion Giants?

Yeah, I think it sucks. Of course, MY seats are actually LOWER than the Super Bowl Champions, but I want let that sway me. :)

For the better upper tier sections (309-313 and 329-333), the Giants are charging $85 a seat while the Jets get $80. The rest of the upper tier seats are $80 for the Giants and $75 for the Jets.

It seems pretty ****ed up that two teams, in the same stadium would charge different prices but they are owned by two different companies. The flight from LGA to ATL isn't the same on all the airlines. The cost of searching on websites isn't always the same.

Also, you need to go back and read it, the Jets are charging LESS for the worse seats and more for the better seats. Isn't that more fair?

BZ

You are overly sensitive, my friend. saying you were Woody's butt plug was a friendly rib. and now you have turned it into an estrogen filled tirade because you know you're wrong on the topic in this thread, and it hurts your easily bruised ego. stop while you're ahead, because your making a complete fool out of yourself in this thread with the incessant whining.

Well, considering I wasn't in the thread, wasn't posting for a few days and just happened to come back and say hi to see your post, yeah, I guess you could say I didn't take it as a "Friendly Rub".

Especially from you, who until that comment I would have thought better than that.

My skin is pretty thick, I have been called a lot worse by many more, but it just seemed out of the blue and uncalled for in this thread.

That is my take. I let you know and we are cool.

Back on topic.

BZ

Yeah, I think it sucks. Of course, MY seats are actually LOWER than the Super Bowl Champions, but I want let that sway me. :)

It seems pretty ****ed up that two teams, in the same stadium would charge different prices but they are owned by two different companies. The flight from LGA to ATL isn't the same on all the airlines. The cost of searching on websites isn't always the same.

Also, you need to go back and read it, the Jets are charging LESS for the worse seats and more for the better seats. Isn't that more fair?

BZ

Well let's get one thing straight -- the upper deck people? The upper deck people? C'mon they are not part of this discussion. The upper deck people can't afford PSLs so the Jets are just throwing them a bone early because they only have a year or two left, lol.

I didn't do the math. But I believe that the Giants take in less total ticket dollars from the fans. I will do the math later, I have to leave now. But if that is true, that is messed up. The Giants coming off a Super Bowl could have raised prices much higher and wouldn't have done anything.

Once again I believe the Giants care more about their fans. That is the whole premise. I get the supply and demand thing.

Well let's get one thing straight -- the upper deck people? The upper deck people? C'mon they are not part of this discussion. The upper deck people can't afford PSLs so the Jets are just throwing them a bone early because they only have a year or two left, lol.

I didn't do the math. But I believe that the Giants take in less total ticket dollars from the fans. I will do the math later, I have to leave now. But if that is true, that is messed up. The Giants coming off a Super Bowl could have raised prices much higher and wouldn't have done anything.

Once again I believe the Giants care more about their fans. That is the whole premise. I get the supply and demand thing.

You really believe that? Seriously? Some corporation "cares" about its "fans"? Maybe the Giants send the tooth fairy and Santa Clause out to hand deliver the tickets with pixy dust.

(this would be where you would putting a rolling on the floor with laughter to make your point).

I remember reading all those articles about how Kraft loves his fans, how he started as a fans and was true to his fans, go ask Gainzo how that is going?

The NFL owners love their fans like the Pharaohs loved the slaves, like Marlboro likes a smoker and like Coors likes a college campus.

It is not the love a friend or family member, but one of the ruler loving its subjects.

Time to take all of this pricing and such a little less personally.

BZ

LOL!!!!!! Someone flag this man for reaching.

The Jets have to charge more because they charter a bus on game day? I love it.

Get your act together son. You have potential but I fear you will never reach the golden $218,400 milestone if you don't snap out of this funk.

:rl:

Don't forget the Jets give half their parking fee income over to the Giants AND pay rent. The Jets have a hell of alot more costs than the Giants.

Don't forget the Jets give half their parking fee income over to the Giants AND pay rent. The Jets have a hell of alot more costs than the Giants.

The Giants have won 3 Super Bowls in 20 years. The Jets none in 40.

The guy who seats in my seat for Giants games leaves me notes. They usually are usually short but they go like this:

LOL. Loser.

And you know what? He is right? Jets tickets are more expensive than Giants tickets. That my friends is unreal. Just wait for the explanation when the Giants PSL is lower. That will be classic.

Yo Rambo I sit in the upper decks have for the last 17 years and I like it.I had 2 lower seats gave them up because it was hard to see.We can afford to pay the price and the increases.I dont care where you sit the show SUCKS. If a raise in ticket prices was warranted im ok with it.It wasnt we won nothing the stadium wasnt improved.There were no great give a ways unless of course you are into energy drinks.

I have been a season ticket holder for a longtime I have PAID for the right to BITCH.

Yo Rambo I sit in the upper decks have for the last 17 years and I like it.I had 2 lower seats gave them up because it was hard to see.We can afford to pay the price and the increases.I dont care where you sit the show SUCKS. If a raise in ticket prices was warranted im ok with it.It wasnt we won nothing the stadium wasnt improved.There were no great give a ways unless of course you are into energy drinks.

I have been a season ticket holder for a longtime I have PAID for the right to BITCH.

Please tell me where on the season ticket agreement it says part of your payment is to cover the right to bitch.

no... just bandwagon fans who want to "be a part of the experience"

I love the look on peoples faces the first time they get to join Ed in his Jets chant. Its like a little kid on christmas.

The "real" fans who sit around me dont do ed's jets chant. They high-five, they are happy, but dont do ed's chant.

define "real fan" i think what u said makes sense but those guys have been there done that theyre used to eds cahnt. for those who donot hold season tickets, it really is a nice experience. i loved it the 2 times ive been to the meadowlands

Read the fine print if you have an invoice.If not buy one.

Got invoices for about 7 yrs and decided to give the seats up when I had my kids.... Didn't see it there, but since I'm not a big whiner, I didn't look for it either.

Got invoices for about 7 yrs and decided to give the seats up when I had my kids.... Didn't see it there, but since I'm not a big whiner, I didn't look for it either.

Get a real job and you would be able to afford and whine otherwise STFU.

Whos whining now homeboy.

Archived