If the Yanks try to get Winn

AFJF

Then up the offer and get the M's to include Ron Villone in the deal.

He's a lefty out of the 'pen with a 2.41 ERA and hasn't given up a run in almost a month.

Not sure what it would take to get these two players away from the M's but adding a lefty to that 'pen is a must.

Scott Eyre or Aaron Fultz are two other guys they should look in to. The Giants and Phils are out of it and may be willing to deal.

To be honest I don't know why thats being said at this point. He played CF for the D-Rays a few years ago and I didn't see a single problem with his range in CF. He's better than what we have now and I think this is a case of people in the media who haven't seen him play just repeating what they're told.

Melky Cabrera in 2007.

For the rest of this year and next year we need somebody because it's painful to watch Bernie. He's never had a good arm but now he can't do anything else and Bubba Crosby is not the answer, he's what? Already 28? No thanks. The Yankees need to bring in a LHP relief pitcher and a CF. We now have 3 capable starting pitchers for the post-season, so now it's time to get a lefty for the bullpen because Wayne Franklin blows dead goats.

I think you guys should get Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn and Eddia Guardado because, quite frankly, what's killing the Yanks is that they don't spend enough money. It's embarrassing. A team in the NY market only spending $208 mil? Please.

Ya know what I love most about Yankee fans? The consistency! Theyre as arrogant and ungrateful as ever.

In a few short years, we will be able to recycle all of these anti-Bernie posts, laden with personal insults leveled at Bernie and maniacal "This must be done" trade proposals and roster moves! And when we recycle them VERBATIM...we will cut out the name Bernie Williams and insert the name Derek Jeter!

Mahk my wurds...

Ya know what I love most about Yankee fans? The consistency! Theyre as arrogant and ungrateful as ever.

In a few short years, we will be able to recycle all of these anti-Bernie posts, laden with personal insults leveled at Bernie and maniacal "This must be done" trade proposals and roster moves! And when we recycle them VERBATIM...we will cut out the name Bernie Williams and insert the name Derek Jeter!

Mahk my wurds...

BRILLIANT point. The only thing I'll disagree with is that it will be NEXT year. Right now that two-step range he has qualifies as "great defense" in Yankee-land, but when they start losing people will notice that most other shortstops can actually move more than 4 feet each way.

Saw this in the Boston Herald today. A little shocked by it. Not completely convinced, either. My guess is that these players all go to the highest bidder. Anyway:

One other Boston-related SI nugget that hits newsstands today: the maggie surveyed 450 MLB players asking if they'd rather play for the Red Sox or Yankees. Nearly half - 47 percent - said the Sox, 40 percent chose the Bronx Bombers, 8 percent said neither and 5 percent said they didn't know. They didn't know? Obviously the Sox don't have an exclusive on the Idiot thing.

Mahk my wurds...

LOL..coming from a Sox fan? Ungrateful? Tell me again about "fat Roger" and lets not bring up How Wade Boggs was treated by blowsox fans

Ouch. Look at Randy Winns scouting report at ESPN

Baserunning & Defense

Winn is a good athlete, having been a basketball player at Santa Clara. But he's proven to be a bad fit in center field. His arm is average at best, but where he really runs into problems is tracking flyballs. He takes bad routes, though he's sometimes able to overcome that because of his speed. He was moved to left field when rookie Jeremy Reed joined the team in September. Winn fared better there.

Obviously, he's still better than Bernie and I like Winns aproach at the plate, but is he really the answer? Possibly.........

Archived