Pedro went to the DL early this year.

TomShane

His trade value did drop. But I dont think he would have been a distraction. Somehow the Yankees always won with asshats in the clubhouse.

I would much rather have Milledge over Church, Pagan and Brady Clark. I think Minaya really screwed the pooch on this one, but then again he and Willie are fighting for their jobs. This team must win now.

I would much rather have Brian Schneider catching than LoDuca or Estrada.

And that is what the trade REALLY was about.

agree,,the trade will be subtle and not real obvious, but major upgrade from a catching POV

And the Mets, as an organization do not like flamboyant players

Whether that is right or wrong, it has been their philosophy as an organization.

Milledge type players never last long with them

Whether that is right or wrong, it has been their philosophy as an organization.

I think Milledge will turn out to be a very good player, not quite a star. It was probably the best thing for Milledge to get out of New York, I doubt he would have been successful here.

Piazza wasn't flamboyant enough? ;)

Piazza wasn't flamboyant enough? ;)

not mike,,he has a hotter wife than any NY athelete

On January 29, 2005, he married Playboy Playmate Alicia Rickter at St. Jude's Catholic Church in Miami, Florida, before 120 guests, including Brande Roderick, Lisa Dergan, Anjelica Bridges, Al Leiter and Detroit Tigers catcher Iván Rodríguez and also Billy Ray Cyrus was their wedding singer.

On February 5, 2007, Piazza's wife gave birth to the couple's first child, a daughter. Nicoletta Veronica Piazza was born at 4:07 a.m. in New York City. She weighed 5 lbs., 8 oz. and measured 19 inches long. [1]

rickter.bmp

Next birthday, I will buy you a dictionary ;)

You Know You're in Maine:

If you own more than four pair of gloves.

If every other vehicle is a 4X4.

If camping is allowed it's only in steel sided campers.

If, when the sun goes down, you start looking for your coat.

If in March your vehicle is 43% mud.

If you can pay for six big macs with a personal check.

If your central heating system is fueled by large logs.

If people drive 100 miles to shop in a real mall.

If a deer throws itself under your wheels.

If you got a set of new snow tires for Valentines day.

If more than 1/2 the meat in your freezer is moose.

If the term "chill factor" is part of your daily vocabulary.

If the bumper jack in your pickup will lift a house.

If you enjoy a hot chocolate more than you do a margarita.

If a girls basketball game fill's the school gym.

If you put the car heater on your list of best friends.

If you pawned a snow blower instead of a set of golf clubs.

If dressing up means wearing a tie with your flannel shirt.

If you think you're in a traffic jam when you're in the second car at the light.

If you don't use your blinker because everyone already knows where you're going.

If your long john's don't come off until mid-May

I would much rather have Brian Schneider catching than LoDuca or Estrada.

And that is what the trade REALLY was about.

Schneider has fallen off the last few years... His best years are behind him. I think we traded for what he was, not what he is.

The upgrade we get at catching (schneider threw out about 30% base stealers vs 23% for LoDuca) is offset by the lack of offense.

And I doubt Loduca is to blame for the pitching sucking down the stretch.

Id still rather have the combo of Loduca and Milledge than Church and Schneider. But, we dont. so I root, root, root for the new guys.

Schneider has fallen off the last few years... His best years are behind him. I think we traded for what he was, not what he is.

The upgrade we get at catching (schneider threw out about 30% base stealers vs 23% for LoDuca) is offset by the lack of offense.

Id still rather have the combo of Loduca and Milledge than Church and Schneider. But, we dont. so I root, root, root for the new guys.

lets see what Loduca does now that he is off steroids

You Know You're in Maine:

If you own more than four pair of gloves.

If every other vehicle is a 4X4.

If camping is allowed it's only in steel sided campers.

If, when the sun goes down, you start looking for your coat.

If in March your vehicle is 43% mud.

If you can pay for six big macs with a personal check.

If your central heating system is fueled by large logs.

If people drive 100 miles to shop in a real mall.

If a deer throws itself under your wheels.

If you got a set of new snow tires for Valentines day.

If more than 1/2 the meat in your freezer is moose.

If the term "chill factor" is part of your daily vocabulary.

If the bumper jack in your pickup will lift a house.

If you enjoy a hot chocolate more than you do a margarita.

If a girls basketball game fill's the school gym.

If you put the car heater on your list of best friends.

If you pawned a snow blower instead of a set of golf clubs.

If dressing up means wearing a tie with your flannel shirt.

If you think you're in a traffic jam when you're in the second car at the light.

If you don't use your blinker because everyone already knows where you're going.

If your long john's don't come off until mid-May

B+

From what I had heard, there were issues with the game calling between LoDuca and Peterson (it always comes back to this guy), and that was a large upgrade to Schneider

From what I had heard, there were issues with the game calling between LoDuca and Peterson (it always comes back to this guy), and that was a large upgrade to Schneider

funny this stuff always comes out after a guy leaves.... almost like the team needs to justify the trade to the media and fans by bashing the old guy.

Instead of the real reason... We worry about LoDuca's mouth and the roid/hgh and the 18yr olds. We are worried about Milledge and his lack of maturity. We need guys to help us win in 08 or people will be out of a job.

I thought LoDuca did fine. But, I aint the GM. I aint privy to the behind the scenes stuff.

I hope it works out for us.

• 5 months later...
His trade value did drop. But I dont think he would have been a distraction. Somehow the Yankees always won with asshats in the clubhouse.

I would much rather have Milledge over Church, Pagan and Brady Clark. I think Minaya really screwed the pooch on this one, but then again he and Willie are fighting for their jobs. This team must win now.

Wrong again asshat.

Asshat.

are you having a one way conversation with yourself in these Mets threads :confused:

Just taking a trip down memory lane from preseason. Just wanted to see what was said prior to the season and how right or wrong some of us were.

I especially like picking on myself for some of the dumb things I said or believed.

Always good to take a look back at what you were feeling before the season began.

Archived