So we all agree, Johan Santana is on the downside of his career

Matt39

I can't stand that 'Masters Music' that they keep playing. It makes me want to shove an ice pick into my ears.

Agreed. Im gonna go back to my mess of beer and hope they get these last innings in. Take care guys.

And relax Mets fans...the thread was a joke.

:)

Santana is the least of the Mets worries. By all accounts he had an off year last year and gave up a ton of the long ball. But if you look at his peripheral stats such as K and Whip and such, I don't think you'd see a pitcher in decline at all.

Please, go right ahead

Just when I thought we were starting to get along, you go and say something mean to me.

Does this mean that you're not going to meet me at that cute little B&B by the shore? Don't be ashamed of our love. Be proud.

Fair enough.

I can't figure out which is worse, Zelasko or Buck and McCarver.

We could all figure out something useful involving Zelasko. Kinda felt sorry they stuck her with filling 2+ hours of airtime with nothingness.

There is no known use for Mccarver nor Joe"Born on 3rd Base" Buck.

Actually Johan Santana's best years are behind him, but he still is a top 3 pitcher in the league, hands down.

you really wanna think say that? johan will be a beast this year, and even better next year.

he's not going to head downhill until he's 32/33

1-2 record. Brewers touched him up pretty good.

Phil the future looks good in pinstripes.

Johan came in with a 1.93 ERA and 0.83 whip while Hughes sits with a ERA of 5 after last seasons 4.50.... genration trey has been just Joba so far. Since we're taking stupid shots at Johan and all;).

BTW....early returns appear to show that the Twins indeed took the better of the CF's that were discussed in the Johan trade talks. Always trust the Twins scouting dept.

1-2 record. Brewers touched him up pretty good.

Phil the future looks good in pinstripes.

I would have still loved to see the Yankees trade Kennedy for Santana straight up when they had the chance.

Mets fans should not panic with Santana. He pitched excellent his first two starts. Everyone has a bad game.

Archived