The Other Drafts in the AFC East

Barton

Am I crazy or does the Dolphins draft offer nothing great?

Jake Long should be solid but he wont be Ogden (he wont even be Joe Thomas) and he sure as hell isn't going to throw any touchdown passes. He doesnt exactly have the feet of a great LT.

Merling in the 3-4 makes no sense at all. He's too slow and stiff to play OLB and too small to play DE.

Henne is a joke. He cant even consistently throw a 5 yard pass.

Langford I like, I'll give them that. Fat Bill knows how to pluck those 3-4 DEs in the middle rounds.

This is one of those drafts where they might nab a couple solid starters, but this sure as hell is not going to land them any franchise changing player, and after a 1-15 season, you better acquire one of those guys in the offseason or you're going nowhere again the next year.

Dolphins blow.

they're saying the same thing about the JEts draft so, who cares.

lets wait until they actually play before we grade anything.

BTW does anyone else notice the winners of the draft are always the one with really low picks. and yet the winners of the draft lose a **** load of games.

personally i love it every year that the jets lose the draft, cuz it doesn't mean crap

Agreed, nothing spectacular as far as the phins are concerned.

To address your thread title, I thought the Bills did ok and the Pats did well.

The Bills nabbed two great players in rd 1 and 2.

The pats addressed their needs in the first 3 rds with Mayo, the midget CB, and Crable. Not sure about the CB, but the LBs are great players and should go a long way to revamp that old corps. Truth hurts, but the Pats are on the hunt again for another ring.

I thought the Dolphins did ok. You have to include the trade Parcells just made sending the 4th rd pick for Ayodele and Fasano. Ayodele is a decent LB and Fasano is a good blocking TE.

They needed another QB. So far Beck has looked like garbage. He made the Jets defense look like the '85 Bears last season.

Dolphins are at least 2-3 years away from being competitive again.

I thought the Dolphins did ok. You have to include the trade Parcells just made sending the 4th rd pick for Ayodele and Fasano. Ayodele is a decent LB and Fasano is a good blocking TE.

They needed another QB. So far Beck has looked like garbage. He made the Jets defense look like the '85 Bears last season.

I agree with this.

This offseason Parcells just aimed to stop the bleeding, and he has. Next offseason is when he will start to really turn the franchise around.

Jake Long should be solid but he wont be Ogden (he wont even be Joe Thomas) and he sure as hell isn't going to throw any touchdown passes. He doesnt exactly have the feet of a great LT.

Merling in the 3-4 makes no sense at all. He's too slow and stiff to play OLB and too small to play DE.

Langford I like, I'll give them that. Fat Bill knows how to pluck those 3-4 DEs in the middle rounds.

This is one of those drafts where they might nab a couple solid starters, but this sure as hell is not going to land them any franchise changing player, and after a 1-15 season, you better acquire one of those guys in the offseason or you're going nowhere again the next year.

Dolphins blow.

I agree with the bold, but I think Merling is going to make a real nice 3-4 DE from what I've read about him. I think we get too caught up with weights. The reported weights often vary greatly and he fits the mold well. Merling had a mid-1st round grade and only dropped because of his injury. When I heard the Jets traded up I actually thought that was who they were going for. I don't like Henne much, but they need a QB and he wasn't horrible value there. I don't think Parcells likes "faces" or "franchise changing" players, so he's probably quite happy.

That just might be the Dolfags best move of draft week.

That's a lot of bleeding to stop when you take a kick returner 9th in the country & a backup QB 40th (or whatever it was).

Really they needed someone else in there (Parcells or anyone) who had no loyalty to those awful draft picks. Someone who can say, "Yeah, I don't care where you drafted them. They're garbage & we're going to be garbage next year with or without them. Let's pretend we didn't have a draft in 2007 and go from there."

Dolphins blow.

I dont know about that, I personally think they are vastly improved from the joke that they were last season.

Long will anchor that line for years, Henne is a good QB and should be a decent starter in the NFL, Merling & Langford can plug into that D immediately to start.

Archived