Overall not a bad trip

Green Jets & Ham

11 Game Road Trip ... and against nothing but tough teams {Boston, Texas, Angels}

Yankees left for this trip in 3rd Place and 2.5 Games behind Boston

Finished the trip in 2nd Place and 1.5 GB

And we knocked off those 11 Road Games verses tough competition .. our longest trip for the remainder of the season is in the bank

Anyway, there were some ups {3 out of 4 Vs Boston and 2 out of 3 Vs Texas} and there were some downs {1 out of 4 Vs Angels}, but overall this was not a bad trip for the Yankees ... and even a productive trip, short-term and big picture

Now we're home for a little bit :wink:

Agreed. One more win against the Angels, and I'd have considered the trip a success. As it is, we gained some ground.

Maybe we'll do better against the Angels next week in the Bronx.

True Bob, could have been a BOOMING SUCCESS if we didn't let that first one Vs Angels slip away

But here's something else I failed to note ... while we were on the road for 11 Games verses three contenders, the Red Sox were home for 11 Games ... and still we gained a game on them in the standings {2.5 to 1.5}

All I've got to say is once we have Wang / Pavano back we are going to be in even better shape because then we'll actually have some sort of pitching after Moose, Unit and ugh...Leiter.

Great trip all-around in my opinion. Earlier in the year this team was getting beat up by the Royals and D-Rays. A winning record against Box,Tex,LAA is a huge step in the right direction.

Archived