Enough of the Pennington Hate

TheSage

You have seen a lot of Jets football over the years and I know you won't accept just making the playoffs.

I feel a lot of the younger Jets some somehow feel that going 10-6 and then losing in the divisional round of the playoffs constitutes a good season.

The above scenario is what will occur if Chad is your QB this season.

that's exactly the point Steve-we're sick of mediocrity...at this point Chad can't even win us 10 games...having an offense that is restricted to 10 yards at a time ain't cutting it in our division-NE and Buffalo got Chad figured out and Miami under Parcells I'm sure will too...

Anyone whose satisfied with anything short than a championship should pack up their balls and head over to JC Penny's Message Board with the ladies. Chad Pennington will bring you to the first or second round but thats as far as he will take you if your Defense isn't top notch.

I feel for you man. I shouldn't post in these threads but I just can't help myself when ecurb starts a thread with selected stats trying to prove that nothing is Chad's fault.

It's infuriating.

I didnt start this thread FYI

the reason we haven't except in a couple of instances (Baltimore and Pitt games) is because the kid was running for his life 2 seconds after getting the snap-even at the end of that Ravens game that we should have won he was able to get passes off by a split second when the defense was worn out in the 4th quarter-give him a chance before shooting him down-if he sucks then OK let's see who else can do the job-I highly doubt THAT guy is Pennington

Like I said, let's see what Kellen has in camp. I disagree with you about Chad but I'm all for Kellen proving himself. You can make excuses for why Clemens hasn't won certain games and I can make them for Chad and it means nothing. I will say the drops at the end of the Ravens game were ridiculous but it's not like Baltimore was a dominant force last year so what does almost beating them mean? Kellen did not look like an NFL-ready QB to me. He looked lost. The mental part of the game is more important than a "cannon arm" and it always will be. Kellen didn't come across as a guy who has the mentality for it. It could be the O-Line. That would also have a large part in why Chad was bad last year and in '06 the line wasn't much better and they had a HB by committee going after Martin was basically finished in week 3. That's why they have training camp. We will soon find out who starts and I want the best guy be it Clemens, Chad, or Ainge.

Anyone whose satisfied with anything short than a championship should pack up their balls and head over to JC Penny's Message Board with the ladies. Chad Pennington will bring you to the first or second round but thats as far as he will take you if your Defense isn't top notch.

and you are one of the guys who puts his money where his heart is 124-all you guys who go to all these games all these years are to be commended....me, sitting down here in the air conditioning in Florida complaining that I might not buy a jersey if the team doesn't address certain positions to get better holds no candle to what you maniacs at the stadium do week after week year after friggin year. We all deserve better but you guys? even more

that's exactly the point Steve-we're sick of mediocrity...at this point Chad can't even win us 10 games...having an offense that is restricted to 10 yards at a time ain't cutting it in our division-NE and Buffalo got Chad figured out and Miami under Parcells I'm sure will too...

The team always comes first. Players come and go but we cheer for the uniform. If someone puts a player over the team then their priorities are out of whack.

You, 4H & 124 are the posters that come to mind when talking about not being happy about just making the playoffs. I'm sure there are some more people here who have the same mindset but I'm not sure who they are.

ahem...you mean Brett Ratliff

Oh yeah, sorry about that. I just thought Kellen the way everyone talks about him having won the job already. With Ratliff there too they might as well just send Chad packing. They can always bring in Drew Henson for insurance, right?

I thought playoffs was better than no playoffs, but what do I know.:shutit:

Is there really a big difference between 10-6, 6th seed and a first round exit and 4-12? I mean yeah, the record is better and you might feel a little bit better about your team, but they're still losers who barely made it into the playoffs.

Is there really a big difference between 10-6, 6th seed and a first round exit and 4-12? I mean yeah, the record is better and you might feel a little bit better about your team, but they're still losers who barely made it into the playoffs.
You have to be in it to win it.

Making the playoffs at least gives you a chace, not making it gives you no chance.

I rather have a chance than no chance but that is just me, and I hope the better QB plays.

You have to be in it to win it.

Making the playoffs at least gives you a chace, not making it gives you no chance.

I rather have a chance than no chance but that is just me, and I hope the better QB plays.

Thats all well and good if you want to be a wild card team that plays on the road.

Thats all well and good if you want to be a wild card team that plays on the road.
Again, I rather make the playoffs, than not make them.

If you are in it you have a chance, if you are outside looking in you have none.

Did anybody expect the Giants to go all the way?

No but they made it as a wild card team on the road and won it all.

If they did not make the playoffs at all, how does the story end?

I like Chad he did lead us to 10 wins two seasons ago. However the Best QB has to play. For all of you KC lovers, if he is ready then he should be able to beat out Chad for the Job. If he can't then we really need to think about a QB early in the draft next year.

I like Chad he did lead us to 10 wins two seasons ago. However the Best QB has to play. For all of you KC lovers, if he is ready then he should be able to beat out Chad for the Job. If he can't then we really need to think about a QB early in the draft next year.

i love how people say chad isn't any good anymore and that automatically makes you a "KC lover" lol

They might both suck, but we do know that Chad is done...he can't throw anymore...not sure the problem with this thought?

i love how people say chad isn't any good anymore and that automatically makes you a "KC lover" lol

They might both suck, but we do know that Chad is done...he can't throw anymore...not sure the problem with this thought?

My point wasn't directed at those persons that at those folks that say chad is not any good anymore. There are folks on this board that in my opionon are KC lovers and I have not seen enough to fall in love with. I am not ready to write of chad just yet. He needs play action to be effective, and when you can't run the ball that affects a major part of his game. With a good line, I belive that he can still be effective.

But at the end of the day, it is about team, to me and let the best man play behind center. If that is clemens, then so be it.

Archived