Enough of the Pennington Hate

TheSage

I noticed in some posts a references to the poster staing that they hate Pennington. While I may believe Clemens gives us the best chance to win, there is no reason whatsoever to hate Chad. He has been nothing but a class act during his tenure with the Jets. He has everything you want in a QB except the arm (OK he will never challenge for the title "World's Fastest Man"). If he threw 40 yard darts there would be no controversy but he doesn't.

All that being said there should be no reference to hate when it comes to Chadwick or Clemens for that matter.

I noticed in some posts a references to the poster staing that they hate Pennington. While I may believe Clemens gives us the best chance to win, there is no reason whatsoever to hate Chad. He has been nothing but a class act during his tenure with the Jets. He has everything you want in a QB except the arm (OK he will never challenge for the title "World's Fastest Man"). If he threw 40 yard darts there would be no controversy but he doesn't.

All that being said there should be no reference to hate when it comes to Chadwick or Clemens for that matter.

I didn't see any reference a poster saying he hated the non-QB'ing Chad Pennington. But if such comments are out there, don't let it bother you. Some people hate puppies also. Puppies! What kind of sick deviant could hate a puppy (when it's not s***ting on your new carpet or comforter)?

I agree wholeheartedly. I've stated my reasons a thousand times why Chad should not start for the Jets. But if he does, I will root him. He is the definition of a class act and is a great guy. He is easy to root for.

none of us "hate" Chad (except maybe my friend Howie who actually wants him dead) we just would rather see the Jets offense not be reduced to 10 yards at a time which also kills our running game and receivers (ask Coles). Clemens can open up the field and the possibilities for a long strike once in a while. Damn-don't you guys MISS the long pass? Last time I saw Chad make one was in the playoff game against San Diego

I didn't see any reference a poster saying he hated the non-QB'ing Chad Pennington. But if such comments are out there, don't let it bother you. Some people hate puppies also. Puppies! What kind of sick deviant could hate a puppy (when it's not s***ting on your new carpet or comforter)?

I hate cats, snakes, and sharks.

Spiders And Snakes"

I remember when Mary Lou said

"You wanna walk me home from school"

And I said, "Yes, I do"

She said, "I don't have to go right home

And I'm the kind that likes to be alone

As long as you would"

I said, "Me, too"

And so we took a stroll

Wound up down by the swimmin' hole

And she said, "Do what you want to do"

I got silly and I found a frog

In the water by a hollow log

And I shook it at her

And I said "This frog's for you"

She said, "I don't like spiders and snakes

And that ain't what it takes to love me

You fool, you fool

I don't like spiders and snakes

Like I want to be loved by you"

Well, I think of that girl from time to time

I call her up when I got a dime

I say, "Hello, baby"

She says, "Ain't you cool"

I say, "Do you remember when

"And would you like to get together again"

She says, "I'll see you after school"

I was shy and so for a while

Most of my love was touch and smile

Til she said, "Come on over here"

I was nervous as you might guess

Still looking for somethin' to slip down her dress

And she said, "Let's make it perfectly clear"

She said, "I don't like spiders and snakes

You fool, you fool

I don't like spiders and snakes

Like I want to be loved by you"

Well, they can either get over it or choose to root against our starting QB this year because Chad will win the job. I don't really like Clemens but if he wins the job I will not hate on him .... I root for the QB regardless of who it is. I suggest the rest of you do the same. They didn't just spend $200 mill to hand the team over to a deer in headlights as Clemens was last year. He's gonna have to beat Chad out in camp if he wants to start.

Well, they can either get over it or choose to root against our starting QB this year because Chad will win the job. I don't really like Clemens but if he wins the job I will not hate on him .... I root for the QB regardless of who it is. I suggest the rest of you do the same. They didn't just spend $200 mill to hand the team over to a deer in headlights as Clemens was last year. He's gonna have to beat Chad out in camp if he wants to start.

He will.

He will.

We will see. I didn't see anything from him last year that would give me that confidence but I know he has the talent. There is lot more to being a QB and Kellen did not show me those qualities personally. Chad was crap last year too. In all fairness the OL blew but that is why they will compete in camp this year. I think Chad will start. You think Kellen will. Neither one of us has a say in that decision and I am prepared to root for whoever Mangini decides is going to lead this team.

We will see. I didn't see anything from him last year that would give me that confidence but I know he has the talent. There is lot more to being a QB and Kellen did not show me those qualities personally. Chad was crap last year too. In all fairness the OL blew but that is why they will compete in camp this year. I think Chad will start. You think Kellen will. Neither one of us has a say in that decision and I am prepared to root for whoever Mangini decides is going to lead this team.

KC doesn't have to beat out Chad, he just has to show up. There is no way the FO spends this on money to give the keys back to the starter that has proven he can't move the ball against top teams.

KC doesn't have to beat out Chad, he just has to show up. There is no way the FO spends this on money to give the keys back to the starter that has proven he can't move the ball against top teams.

Just show up? Are we talking about the same little boy I saw playing QB last year? Say what you will about Chad but he has proven he can win in this league. He's been to the Playoffs. He's won a lot of games. He played a half a season and won a playoff game on the road with a torn rotator. Kellen has a few wins and a lot of sloppy, indecisive QB play on his resume so far. What are you basing this blind faith on? He's gonna have to do a lot more than just show up. He may be a better QB but not by anything I have seen yet. He has a lot to prove. There is a lot more to playing QB than having a little extra "zip" on your passes and Kellen has not shown those characteristics as of yet. Especially not if I'm the GM and Head Coach that is responsible for the spending spree that just occured. I hope Kellen shows his stuff. I was happy with them picking him when they did but I wouldn't be handing him the keys to the fancy new car I just bought without him showing he is worthy.

I agree wholeheartedly. I've stated my reasons a thousand times why Chad should not start for the Jets. But if he does, I will root him. He is the definition of a class act and is a great guy. He is easy to root for.

Chad is what he is. With that being said, I want Chad to be the floor of QB play for the Jets this year, not the ceiling.

Just show up? Are we talking about the same little boy I saw playing QB last year? Say what you will about Chad but he has proven he can win in this league. He's been to the Playoffs. He's won a lot of games. He played a half a season and won a playoff game on the road with a torn rotator. Kellen has a few wins and a lot of sloppy, indecisive QB play on his resume so far. What are you basing this blind faith on? He's gonna have to do a lot more than just show up. He may be a better QB but not by anything I have seen yet. He has a lot to prove. There is a lot more to playing QB than having a little extra "zip" on your passes and Kellen has not shown those characteristics as of yet. Especially not if I'm the GM and Head Coach that is responsible for the spending spree that just occured. I hope Kellen shows his stuff. I was happy with them picking him when they did but I wouldn't be handing him the keys to the fancy new car I just bought without him showing he is worthy.

are you implying chad beat the chargers? he had the nice pass to moss but other than that he was like he normally is throws underneath plays for the tie. You forgot the next week when he lead us to 3 points. Great job chad. Right when we need you, you get us 3 points.

You remember the rest of that season? losing to the Pats twice, losing to the steelers (twice i believe) never beating an actually good team except for the chargers in week 3 before brees figured out how to play in the NFL.

Chad can't beat good teams, but he can beat the Dolphins...so if you are ready to gloat about beating a team with one win last year, than chad is your man. Personally? I'd take my chances with the unknown, at least kellen can keep the safeties back long enough for one of the backs to find a hole.

Hell, maybe we can get coles through a season without a Chad-duck giving him a concussion.

are you implying chad beat the chargers? he had the nice pass to moss but other than that he was like he normally is throws underneath plays for the tie. You forgot the next week when he lead us to 3 points. Great job chad. Right when we need you, you get us 3 points.

You remember the rest of that season? losing to the Pats twice, losing to the steelers (twice i believe) never beating an actually good team except for the chargers in week 3 before brees figured out how to play in the NFL.

Chad can't beat good teams, but he can beat the Dolphins...so if you are ready to gloat about beating a team with one win last year, than chad is your man. Personally? I'd take my chances with the unknown, at least kellen can keep the safeties back long enough for one of the backs to find a hole.

Hell, maybe we can get coles through a season without a Chad-duck giving him a concussion.

So, you have no reason for Kellen to just waltz on in and take over. I know that all sounds good to you but you're not Mangini. All those losses you speak of were Chad's fault. You're right. Every Jets loss is Chad's fault. Even the games that Clemens lost were Chad's fault. It's not the supporting cast, it's Chad. I never said that he single-handedly beat the Chargers but HE DID WIN the game. How many games has Kellen won in the playoffs? A Head Coach would not use your logic when it comes to who will be the starting QB. "Well, Chad lost some big games when Herman Edwards was Head Coach so Clemens gets the job even though he hasn't proven anything other than he can throw a ball hard. That's it! Mangini has spoken!"

none of us "hate" Chad (except maybe my friend Howie who actually wants him dead) we just would rather see the Jets offense not be reduced to 10 yards at a time which also kills our running game and receivers (ask Coles). Clemens can open up the field and the possibilities for a long strike once in a while. Damn-don't you guys MISS the long pass? Last time I saw Chad make one was in the playoff game against San Diego

Long ball to Coles in stride last season... perfect pass actually for a TD...

He might not have a super strong arm... but with a real Oline in front of him he can plant his feet and get it down field...

He might not have a super strong arm... but with a real Oline in front of him he can plant his feet and get it down field...

I'm really torn on this topic. I think clemens should be given the chance to finish what he started last year. But at the same time, above the shoulders, chad really should start. if the dude could just pass it 10 yards without throwing a duck and getting coles killed I'd like to see him start.

Thank you.

So, you have no reason for Kellen to just waltz on in and take over. I know that all sounds good to you but you're not Mangini. All those losses you speak of were Chad's fault. You're right. Every Jets loss is Chad's fault. Even the games that Clemens lost were Chad's fault. It's not the supporting cast, it's Chad. I never said that he single-handedly beat the Chargers but HE DID WIN the game. How many games has Kellen won in the playoffs? A Head Coach would not use your logic when it comes to who will be the starting QB. "Well, Chad lost some big games when Herman Edwards was Head Coach so Clemens gets the job even though he hasn't proven anything other than he can throw a ball hard. That's it! Mangini has spoken!"

Don't worry - you can still have your special private times with your Chad action figure after he's on to the next phase of his life - whatever that is. Just don't let your mom sell it at a garage sale.

You seem to get pretty pumped up about this, thanks for the insight that i am, in fact, no eric mangini. Man have i been living a lie.

Anyway, who's fault was it that we only scrored 3 offensive points against pittsburgh? I'd love to blame Martin, and i do, i'd also give plenty of blame to edwards, but when it comes down to it, Jordan was averaging near 5 yards per carry, martin was at his usual playoff average of jack squat.

We had a massive offensive line and a great blocking TE with a speed receiver and one capable RB (in the playoffs martin is not that guy). Chad was also given a pretty damn good defense, good enough to get two turnovers in a two minute stint and good enough to hold a 15 and 1 team to 10 points throughout most of the game. At what point was Chad going to turn into this all pro you saw in 2002? Do you think he can still do that now?

Fact is, i like chad quite a bit, especially as a person. he's a great interview, a great team player and will someday be a great coach, problem is, he can't throw. I'm sorry but that's sort of like trying to be an actuary and sucking at math.

Kellen was drafted early in the second round to play QB, if we had a choice for competition i'm all for it. Chad is just not competition, if kellen can't beat him out we may as well play leon at QB.

You mean a pass that all NFL QB's should be able to make more than once in a season?

Wasn't that also the game with the muffed shotgun snap from Mangold to Chad? Then Chad throwing his customary pick 6 to seal the win for the other team?

You seem to get pretty pumped up about this, thanks for the insight that i am, in fact, no eric mangini. Man have i been living a lie.

Anyway, who's fault was it that we only scrored 3 offensive points against pittsburgh? I'd love to blame Martin, and i do, i'd also give plenty of blame to edwards, but when it comes down to it, Jordan was averaging near 5 yards per carry, martin was at his usual playoff average of jack squat.

We had a massive offensive line and a great blocking TE with a speed receiver and one capable RB (in the playoffs martin is not that guy). Chad was also given a pretty damn good defense, good enough to get two turnovers in a two minute stint and good enough to hold a 15 and 1 team to 10 points throughout most of the game. At what point was Chad going to turn into this all pro you saw in 2002? Do you think he can still do that now?

Fact is, i like chad quite a bit, especially as a person. he's a great interview, a great team player and will someday be a great coach, problem is, he can't throw. I'm sorry but that's sort of like trying to be an actuary and sucking at math.

Kellen was drafted early in the second round to play QB, if we had a choice for competition i'm all for it. Chad is just not competition, if kellen can't beat him out we may as well play leon at QB.

That's very nice but if Mangini says their is a competition you have no say in that nor do I. I disagree with your assessment of Chad's skills as well so this could go on forever but it's all meaningless. Mangini has declared a competition but I guess you know more about Chad and Kellen than he does so maybe you should let him know that Chad can't compete and he should hand the team to Kellen Nagle ... oh, I mean Clemens.

Don't worry - you can still have your special private times with your Chad action figure after he's on to the next phase of his life - whatever that is. Just don't let your mom sell it at a garage sale.

Yes, it will be on top of my TV and I will worship it as he leads the Jets to the playoffs this year. Then, of course, after the game I will have my special time with Chad's doll. :wild:

That's very nice but if Mangini says their is a competition you have no say in that nor do I. I disagree with your assessment of Chad's skills as well so this could go on forever but it's all meaningless. Mangini has declared a competition but I guess you know more about Chad and Kellen than he does so maybe you should let him know that Chad can't compete and he should hand the team to Kellen Nagle ... oh, I mean Clemens.

Enjoy reading your news clips and believing everything Mangini says. BTW, at this point i'd take Nagle in the competition with Clemens, hell, i'd take trent dilfer or the soon to be released jon kitna (well maybe not anymore, but still possible).

You mean a pass that all NFL QB's should be able to make more than once in a season?

Wasn't that also the game with the muffed shotgun snap from Mangold to Chad? Then Chad throwing his customary pick 6 to seal the win for the other team?

yes the same pass that any one of of us could make...Pennington as a starting QB here is DONE unless some unforeseen disaster strikes at which point we will be screwed yet again. I'd rather see Brett Ratliff of Erik Ainge given the keys to the kingdom than Chad-EVER AGAIN...and this coming from his biggest supporter and defender on the board for YEARS

Enjoy reading your news clips and believing everything Mangini says. BTW, at this point i'd take Nagle in the competition with Clemens, hell, i'd take trent dilfer or the soon to be released jon kitna (well maybe not anymore, but still possible).

What did he see in Clemens that makes you think he is hiding the fact that he is the starter? Was it his leadership? Maybe it was his 5 TD's and 10 INT's? Maybe it was the fact that Chad started for him at the end of the season despite the fact that Kellen was healthy? If you really think Clemens has been annointed the starter and Mangini is just making pretend there is a competition you must have some good smoke. As far as saying that Nagle, Dilfer, and Kitna are better options than Pennington, it's kind of humorous, but I really hope you don't believe that. I also hope you don't really believe the team has been handed to Kellen because there is no way that has happened. If you think he can win it out in camp at least you're being realistic.

yes the same pass that any one of of us could make...Pennington as a starting QB here is DONE unless some unforeseen disaster strikes at which point we will be screwed yet again. I'd rather see Brett Ratliff of Erik Ainge given the keys to the kingdom than Chad-EVER AGAIN...and this coming from his biggest supporter and defender on the board for YEARS

I feel for you man. I shouldn't post in these threads but I just can't help myself when ecurb starts a thread with selected stats trying to prove that nothing is Chad's fault.

It's infuriating.

I feel for you man. I shouldn't post in these threads but I just can't help myself when ecurb starts a thread with selected stats trying to prove that nothing is Chad's fault.

It's infuriating.

Look G, we're ALL friggin football fans here and it doesn't matter who your team is, when you see a guy that ain't got it any more-we call 'em as we see 'em...if some want to not see well that's on them...just like how I can post in a thread by that Chiefs fan that comes here and can tell him how I actually feel sorry for his team's fan base...

I like the idea of Ainge eventually being the starter more than Clemens at this point but I think you're in for a disppointment because Chad will probably be given the job to lose in camp. I hope Clemens is the next John Elway and I have to eat my words. Nothing would make me happier than to see this team led by a young QB for the next 10 years. I just haven't seen anything substantial that makes me feel Chad is not the best option on the roster as of right now. Camp will be interesting for sure.

I like the idea of Ainge eventually being the starter more than Clemens at this point but I think you're in for a disppointment because Chad will probably be given the job to lose in camp. I hope Clemens is the next John Elway and I have to eat my words. Nothing would make me happier than to see this team led by a young QB for the next 10 years. I just haven't seen anything substantial that makes me feel Chad is not the best option on the roster as of right now. Camp will be interesting for sure.

the reason we haven't except in a couple of instances (Baltimore and Pitt games) is because the kid was running for his life 2 seconds after getting the snap-even at the end of that Ravens game that we should have won he was able to get passes off by a split second when the defense was worn out in the 4th quarter-give him a chance before shooting him down-if he sucks then OK let's see who else can do the job-I highly doubt THAT guy is Pennington

Look G, we're ALL friggin football fans here and it doesn't matter who your team is, when you see a guy that ain't got it any more-we call 'em as we see 'em...if some want to not see well that's on them...just like how I can post in a thread by that Chiefs fan that comes here and can tell him how I actually feel sorry for his team's fan base...

You have seen a lot of Jets football over the years and I know you won't accept just making the playoffs.

I feel a lot of the younger Jets some somehow feel that going 10-6 and then losing in the divisional round of the playoffs constitutes a good season.

The above scenario is what will occur if Chad is your QB this season.

2149.jpg

If I should stay,

I would only be in your way.

So I'll go, but I know

I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way.

And I will always love you.

I will always love you.

You, my darling you. Hmm.

Bittersweet memories

that is all I'm taking with me.

So, goodbye. Please, don't cry.

We both know I'm not what you, you need.

I will always love you.

(Instrumental solo)

I hope life treats you kind

And I hope you have all you've dreamed of.

And I wish to you, joy and happiness.

But above all this, I wish you love.

I will always love you.

I will always love you.

I will always love you.

I will always love you.

I, I will always love you.

You, darling, I love you.

Ooh, I'll always, I'll always love you.

2149.jpg

Archived