More Leon

stoicsentry

With the additions of Faneca and Richardson, TJ will get at least 0.5 extra YPC. I'm hoping this translates into extra touches for lightning leon. With Miller back and this kid Woodhead maybe we can take him off special teams and let him make some plays on offense. What do you think, will shotty wake up this year and give him more carries or not?

I hope we have a real punt returner this season. I don't care who it is, but I was not impressed with Leon. Leon and Miller were both great on kickoffs, but not so hot on punts. Miller can't even catch them. Woodhead, one of the dbs. I don't care, but hopefully that would free up Leon for more time in the backfield.

I hope we have a real punt returner this season. I don't care who it is, but I was not impressed with Leon. Leon and Miller were both great on kickoffs, but not so hot on punts. Miller can't even catch them. Woodhead, one of the dbs. I don't care, but hopefully that would free up Leon for more time in the backfield.

I'm hoping someone like Chansi Stuckey or Woodhead can really step up in that area. I didn't think Leon was that bad at them, bhe had a great return in the clutch vs Pittsburgh but for the most part he was pretty ineffective. If we can find a great punt returner then combined with our great kick return team we will have an elite special teams group.

With the additions of Faneca and Richardson, TJ will get at least 0.5 extra YPC. I'm hoping this translates into extra touches for lightning leon. With Miller back and this kid Woodhead maybe we can take him off special teams and let him make some plays on offense. What do you think, will shotty wake up this year and give him more carries or not?

Leon is a much better RB than Thomas Jones right now. He is quicker than TJ and better at finding the crease, which is why he had a much higher YPC last season despite having the same exact blockers.

If Mangini is serious about turning the run game up a notch Leon should be getting at least 50-60% of the carries next season.

Leon is a much better RB than Thomas Jones right now. He is quicker than TJ and better at finding the crease, which is why he had a much higher YPC last season despite having the same exact blockers.

If Mangini is serious about turning the run game up a notch Leon should be getting at least 50-60% of the carries next season.

I actually agree with this.

I'd really prefer it if Leon got more carries than TJ this season.

I actually agree with this.

I'd really prefer it if Leon got more carries than TJ this season.

Watch Mangini still give TJ the majority of the carries even though Leon is a much more effective runner now. He still needs to justify trading a high second round pick and giving a big contract to a 30 year old running back.

Obviously I agree with this, there was probably no bigger Leon fan than me last year. lol, I killed Schottgini for it. I am perfectly okay with a 60-40 TJ to Leon ratio, but it seemed like it was more 80-20 or less.

I would love for Washington to get a real shot at being a feature back in this offense after T.Jones leaves. Guy reminds me of Westbrook. Way under utilized imo. I think he is already a better RB in all facets of the game than Jones, and I think Jones is a pretty good player

Archived