Klapisch: Goose tells Joba to act like a Yankee

Lil Bit Special

Considering he poses 99% of the time that he hits a home run, I'd say you're wrong. Unless you think 99% of his home runs actually effect the outcome of the game.......and you cant be that stupid.

I've seen Manny hit many game winning homeruns.

Stupid is you trying to stick up for Joba being an arse clown. What has Joba done in his short career? Blow a playoff game last year? Act like he won a World Series last week?

Joba struck a guy out with nobody on, with a 3 run lead...where is the big situation there? He said when he struck out Frank Thomas, "I did it because he has been an idol of mine, I had posters of him on my wall growing up." Lame....what's the deal with Dellucci? Because he took him deep 2 nights before, this was some sort of payback?

I'm not a fan of it, but I don't mind the excitement or "gamesmanship" some guys show, but don't look at it with yankee colored glasses on. If Joba can do it, then don't complain when Papelbon does it, don't complain when Manny hits one 600 feet off Mussina and doesn't leave the box until it lands. Should he get drilled between the numbers next time up? Absolutely. But when Joba does it, ARod or Jeter shouldn't get upset when they get dusted.

Also, I've seen alot of posts saying that Delucci is just a scrub and journeyman, my question is, if that's true, and Joba is indeed the pitcher he looks like he is, isn't he supposed to strike guys like Dellucci out then?

I can guarantee you that Joba has David Dellucci poster all over his little room back in Nebraska.

Goose is 100% right. Joba shouldn't be doing that. Act like you've been there before. That sums it all up.

I seriously have no problem with Joba showing emotion. As a matter of fact, I think he should show more of it. I'm so sick and tired of this holier-than thou puritanical attitude many baseball fans have.

And I don't care Manny shows up the Yankees any time he hits one of our pitchers. This is a game. Not freakin politics.

I've seen Manny hit many game winning homeruns.

Stupid is you trying to stick up for Joba being an arse clown. What has Joba done in his short career? Blow a playoff game last year? Act like he won a World Series last week?

So you dont like Papelbons fist pump either or are you just a hypocrite?

I never said I liked Jobas fist pump. But every team has a pitcher with an extreme fist pump these days, so what is the big frickin deal here????

Wow Gainzo. Blow a playoff game last year? Is that seriously all you've got? Lets not mention the horrible hitting or the monsoon of bugs or anything, nah, f-that, thats not important.

Joba has been dominant most of his career and was glad to see he was going to go into a long stretch of mishaps by coming back and striking out Delluchi and getting through the 8th without letting up a run.

If you can enjoy Manny's ridiculous stare and Papelbon's antics, you can sit back and STFU and let Joba do his fist pump celebrations for the few times that he actually does them. I love that everytime he does it, its a big deal but when other pitchers do it there is no national media attention. Ridiculous.

I am now going to start analyzing Papelbon's celebrations everynight, what his stats were the night before, what the score is in the game he's pitching in that night, etc. This should be fun.

Can you say double standard? Joba strikes out a guy with no on in the bottom of the 8th with the Yankees up by 3.

99% of the time when Manny admires one of his homeruns it puts the Sox ahead or wins the game.

As I said, I have no problem with what Joba did. I just find the double standard laughable.

That's not true, but I get your point. There is a big double standard here.

Wow Gainzo. Blow a playoff game last year? Is that seriously all you've got? Lets not mention the horrible hitting or the monsoon of bugs or anything, nah, f-that, thats not important.

Joba has been dominant most of his career and was glad to see he was going to go into a long stretch of mishaps by coming back and striking out Delluchi and getting through the 8th without letting up a run.

If you can enjoy Manny's ridiculous stare and Papelbon's antics, you can sit back and STFU and let Joba do his fist pump celebrations for the few times that he actually does them. I love that everytime he does it, its a big deal but when other pitchers do it there is no national media attention. Ridiculous.

I am now going to start analyzing Papelbon's celebrations everynight, what his stats were the night before, what the score is in the game he's pitching in that night, etc. This should be fun.

That's my only problem with this. No one has ever analyzed how much Papelbon has celebrated. When Manny does it it's "Manny being Manny." There's a double standard with fans, but there's also a double standard in the media. Why are they paying so much attention to Joba and not other players?

That's my only problem with this. No one has ever analyzed how much Papelbon has celebrated. When Manny does it it's "Manny being Manny." There's a double standard with fans, but there's also a double standard in the media. Why are they paying so much attention to Joba and not other players?

Ummm, because he plays in New York?

Just like with Reyes, this stuff gets attention. That's life in the big city.

This whole topic has been pretty funny if you ask me.

People want to turn these ballplayers into robots and to me that is absurd because no two people are alike.

Rivera keeps his emotions in check

Joba likes to show some emotions

Paplebon like to show emotions

A guy like Dennis Eckersley used to point and fist pump all the time.

Pitchers and hitters are different beasts though. A guy like Manny or Bonds or even a Reggie Jackson when they hit they have a few seconds there to stand at home plate and admire their work. You don't see pitchers start walking off the mound when the ball is halfway to the plate knowing that they have struck this guy out because it gets there in a split second.

If DeLucci has a problem with what Joba did then somewhere down the road he will get his chance to hit a line drive right back at him or hit another homerun.

All these so called "indescretions" usually work themselves out on the field.

I was reading in the Daily News this morning about Nelson Figueroa calling the Nats a bunch of "of softball girls"

They were cheerleading in the dugout like a bunch of softball girls," Figueroa said. "I'm a professional, just like anybody else. I take huge offense to that. If that's what a last-place team needs to do to fire themselves up, so be it. I think you need to show a little bit more class, a little bit more professionalism. They won tonight, but again, in the long run, they are who they are."

Well Nelson maybe you should pitch a little better next time and don't let that bother you.

I mean seriously these guys are really starting to get a little bit anal out there.

Archived