Chiefs will release safety Wesley soon

jetfuel

does anybody want anyone that has been associated with the Chief's secondary over the past few years? Talk about a retirement community. If you combined their secondary with the Dolphins former linebacking crew you'd have a great shuffle board and scrabble tournement.

does anybody want anyone that has been associated with the Chief's secondary over the past few years? Talk about a retirement community. If you combined their secondary with the Dolphins former linebacking crew you'd have a great shuffle board and scrabble tournement.

:rl:

Wesley was always a good hitter and I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets add him for depth. Herm doesn't know anything about the secondary and Wesley's play has gone downhill since he arrived so I wouldn't count on Wesley being as bad as he has played under Herm. Wesley is a good run stopping safety.

Hang on - Denver offered a 4th for a backup safety, KC turned it down, kept him for another year as a backup in a 4-win season, and now are going to release him outright without compensation?

They didn't want him going to a division rival. So now he can go for free, Oh wait ...now I see what you mean. :bag: And you wonder why the Chiefs are going down the tubes.

Hang on - Denver offered a 4th for a backup safety, KC turned it down, kept him for another year as a backup in a 4-win season, and now are going to release him outright without compensation?

:rl::rl:Herm is such a friggin moron. He did/is doing the same thing to the Chiefs that he did to the Jets...

Took over a SB/deep playoff team and turned them into an avg. every other year team. Except with KC it seems as if he's making them just outright terrible.

:rl::rl:Herm is such a friggin moron. He did/is doing the same thing to the Chiefs that he did to the Jets...

Took over a SB/deep playoff team and turned them into an avg. every other year team. Except with KC it seems as if he's making them just outright terrible.

No. We turned down the #1 pick in round 3 when it happened to us. Kept the player as a backup for 1 year, and then let him go into FA.

When making a decision like that, teams should ask themselves:

"With this pick, would I be satisfied drafting a backup player at position 'x' for one season?"

When the Jets turned down Houston's pick for Jordan, was the FO/HC thought: "With the 1st pick in round 3, I hope to get a player who will be backup for one season and then we'll cut him"? If not, how the hell did we not take it?

SD did the same thing with Turner. They didn't get offers of a first rounder, but I'm sure they got offers of a 2nd or 3rd at least. They passed on it & let him go. And as a backup, Turner had missed more games to injury than LT as starter.

The only way to not have it bite you in the ass 100% is if you, as a franchise, do not sign a single UFA the following season. If you do, then in theory, you have also paid the price of a 3rd or 4th rounder for that UFA.

We did that when we signed Barry Gardner. It seemed like an insignificant signing. Is everyone aware that he negated the 3rd/4th round compensatory pick we would have gotten for losing Kareem McKenzie? To get a backup for Jonathan Vilma.

It amazes me when teams make decisions like these.

Archived