Really hope WR Ball stays here.

TNJet

I wanted us to draft this kid in 07 in the later rnds. Now hes here as an ufa. I hope he gets some on the field time this cat has some serious game. Chrebet like hands and is a good athlete. Go to www.youtube.com and watch some David Ball highlights. Find the Chicago Bear catch he made last year in the preseason,one handed,something he does REGULARLY. Look!:)

I'm a David Ball fan myself, he has amazing hands. I hope they give him a shot at a #3(If henry doesent work out).

The thing is we have Coles, Cotchery, Henry, Stuckey. Where does Ball get some time?

Don't forget Brad Smith, the current frontrunner for the #3 WR spot.

Henry has size, Stuckey has speed... it's gonna be very tough for Ball to secure a roster spot. The Jets also have the option of carrying an extra TE over an extra WR with Keller potentially filling a dual role.

Don't forget Brad Smith, the current frontrunner for the #3 WR spot.

Henry has size, Stuckey has speed... it's gonna be very tough for Ball to secure a roster spot. The Jets also have the option of carrying an extra TE over an extra WR with Keller potentially filling a dual role.

Coles, Cotchery, Brad Smith, Henry, Stuckey and Wallace Wright are almost certainly ahead of him on the depth chart. IMO, Chris Davis and Clowney are probably on even footing and they added Paul Raymond who is small, but a sprinter from Brown. Ball is an interesting prospect, but he's got a hell of a long way to go to even make the team.

I think so too, but I don't think he played. I think Davis did, but I'm not sure he got any statistics.

You know who did play, and played well was Wallce Wright. I was there in Miami and Wright pulled down some nice catches and did some good things for the offense. Smith on the other hand...i'm not interested in waiting for this guy to turn the corner, we have guys that can catch and run routes, use them.

You know who did play, and played well was Wallce Wright. I was there in Miami and Wright pulled down some nice catches and did some good things for the offense. Smith on the other hand...i'm not interested in waiting for this guy to turn the corner, we have guys that can catch and run routes, use them.

agreed, i love smiths attitude but Id rather have Ball than he at the number 3 spot. Depth should be Coles,Cotch,Ball,Smith as the starters with Henry the 5th wideout.

Dave Ball has to do his best Wayne Chrebet impersonation to make this team. Catch everything for 6 weeks. No drops.

This he could do no question...look at the video on the thread from youtube. :box:

agreed, i love smiths attitude but Id rather have Ball than he at the number 3 spot. Depth should be Coles,Cotch,Ball,Smith as the starters with Henry the 5th wideout.

How on earth did you come up with that depth chart? There is no reason to think David Ball is anywhere near the 3rd best wideout on the team. You can like the guy and root for him. You can even think he will turn out, but he has not proven he belongs on an NFL roster, let alone as the #3. He was on the team most of the year and barely moved up even though they were signing and promoting WR left and right and he was cut by the Bears which means the Jets FO isn't the only one that didn't think he was ready for prime time.

How on earth did you come up with that depth chart? There is no reason to think David Ball is anywhere near the 3rd best wideout on the team. You can like the guy and root for him. You can even think he will turn out, but he has not proven he belongs on an NFL roster, let alone as the #3. He was on the team most of the year and barely moved up even though they were signing and promoting WR left and right and he was cut by the Bears which means the Jets FO isn't the only one that didn't think he was ready for prime time.

he may be the best pure pass catcher on the team. I watched this dude in the shrine game and he made like 4 one handers then too. I dunno maybe its where I loved Chrebet so much I want another thats a little similar.

Archived